Old 24-08-2003, 10:42 AM
Mistatee

Default WHAT... My pond a sandpit

Just had potential buyers round for my house and they said they would make
my pond into a sandpit for the kids.... Gosh.

Not a safety issue, they are just not into ponds.

Maybe I should stipulate in the advertisement that the pond must remain a
pond for the next thirty years as per contract.

Hey... what do I care. I'll be too busy building my next pond at my new
abode to think about it.

Steve... and his/possibly was pond.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.thomas4/MyPond.html

Crying into my cornflakes.

---

Old 24-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Michael Shaffer

Sometimes I wonder what the future owners of our house will do with the
pond. Probably just bulldoze it over

Old 24-08-2003, 04:42 PM
John Hines

"Mistatee" wrote:

Just had potential buyers round for my house and they said they would make
my pond into a sandpit for the kids.... Gosh.

Not a safety issue, they are just not into ponds.

A pond is not un-like a built in pool, it is both a plus and minus when
it comes to home sales.

Given the long lifetime of Koi, this can be a potential problem.
Old 24-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Bob H

Yeah, it's terrible to think all your work is going to turn into a sand
box.....too bad everyone doesn't think like us :-)....with fore warning you
at least know to take your fish & water plants, hopefully you have someplace
to put them while their new home is getting ready. If it's going to be too
long I guess you could give them to someone at any rate at least you know in
advance. The last house I sold they said they were buying it for the
extensive yard and gardens last time I went by there they had ripped out 2
of my prize rose bushes that took me 3 years to find cause they were too
much trouble to mow around according to my ex-neighbor/friend, the grass was
6" deep and many other plants had been replaced by grass....oh well I got my
money and it isn't mine anymore, gotta learn to let go of the things we no
longer control.

Old 24-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Andrew Burgess

"Mistatee" writes:

Just had potential buyers round for my house and they said they would make
my pond into a sandpit for the kids.... Gosh.

The up side is that they won't object if you take the fish, filter, pump, etc.
Heck even the liner and plumbing!

Old 24-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Dave Bell

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Mistatee wrote:

Just had potential buyers round for my house and they said they would make
my pond into a sandpit for the kids.... Gosh.

Not a safety issue, they are just not into ponds.

Maybe I should stipulate in the advertisement that the pond must remain a
pond for the next thirty years as per contract.

Just mention casually to them that there are a LOT of cats in the
neighborhood... The thought of a pond-sized sandbox boggles the mind!

Dave

Old 24-08-2003, 07:12 PM
sandra

You have a nice web site. The link to a map of your town is a good idea. I
haven't seen that before. Too bad about the pond but each homeowner likes to
add their own touch to their place. Not everyone into the maintenance it
takes to keep ponds/fish.
sandra

Old 24-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Barbara2245

"Mistatee" wrote in message ...
Just had potential buyers round for my house and they said they would make
my pond into a sandpit for the kids.... Gosh.

Not a safety issue, they are just not into ponds.

Maybe I should stipulate in the advertisement that the pond must remain a
pond for the next thirty years as per contract.

Hey... what do I care. I'll be too busy building my next pond at my new
abode to think about it.

Steve... and his/possibly was pond.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.thomas4/MyPond.html

Crying into my cornflakes.

Arrange to take as much of the old pond and equipment with so the
don't fill the pond in with the fish in it or some thing. It has no
value to them. Good luck.
---

Old 24-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Nedra

I don't think I'd sell to someone who threatened to sand in
My pond.
Tell them you live in a CAT neighborhood... that should
settle it!
I really like your signatures page!!

Nedra

Old 25-08-2003, 03:22 AM
dkat

Given that I have made the mistake of going back to past homes and found
what I treasured destroyed I've actually wondered if I could leave my
current home (I've lived here longer than any other place) and if I did what
would I do with my pond and such. For years I have tried to naturalize our
yard and it is highly likely that anyone moving into our home would
immediately try to kill all the moss, turn any evergreen plant they could
into a square, rectangle or some Disney shape, and fill in my pond. I have
decided that I'm adopting out my fish to a wonderful woman I know that has a
much larger pond and then turning the pond into an almost bog garden for the
irises I will leave. AND I will never come back to see what the new owners
have done. DK

Old 25-08-2003, 05:23 AM
Karen Mullen

In article , "Mistatee"
writes:

Just had potential buyers round for my house and they said they would make
my pond into a sandpit for the kids.... Gosh.

That's what happened to my pond in Houston, they filled it in. But I took
everything with me except my bricks, smile which I wish I had now. They just
weren't into all that "work". An the house I bot in Ohio's previous owner
didn't like things in the way of his occasional mowing as he dug up extensive
rock gardens and flower beds that had won yard of the year awards. Some people
just don't care. Take everything with you like I did, and set up one of those
blow up 3ft swimming pools as a temp home if you're not in the cold zones.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 25-08-2003, 07:42 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Well I will hope that the real buyers are ponders, because it would be a
darn shame to ruin such a lovely pond and surrounding area that you have
made. I'm amazed that anyone looking at it, wouldn't become instantly
porged. ( ~ jan

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:42:24 +0100, "Mistatee" wrote:

Just had potential buyers round for my house and they said they would make
my pond into a sandpit for the kids.... Gosh.

Not a safety issue, they are just not into ponds.

Maybe I should stipulate in the advertisement that the pond must remain a
pond for the next thirty years as per contract.

Hey... what do I care. I'll be too busy building my next pond at my new
abode to think about it.

Steve... and his/possibly was pond.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.thomas4/MyPond.html

Crying into my cornflakes.

---

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 26-08-2003, 01:33 AM
mad

if i had to leave my house, i'd take all mine with me, pond included. LOL
look and see why.
mad
--
See my zone 8B pond: