Old 09-10-2003, 06:12 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Attack Squirrels?

The SHP CFO was just out in the yard, and said he heard a ruckus out by the
pond. When she looked over, frogs were jumping everywhere, and a squirrel
was hunched over the pond on a rock. She said she couldn't tell if it was
drinking, or hunting. *laugh*

Anyone have had a squirrel attack?

BV.

Old 09-10-2003, 06:33 PM
K30a

BV wrote Anyone have had a squirrel attack?

We have a squirrel whose hobby is humilating the labradors.
When he get bored he will sit in the maple tree in the front yard and set up
this inane chattering and chittering. This will cause the labradors to leap up,
from a sound sleep, from the sofa that sits by the window where the tree is,
and rush out the back slider into the back yard. I swear the squirrel can see
them from the maple tree as it is on the same level as the sofa.
The labradors race around the back yard looking for the squirrel, come back in
, settle on the sofa, fall fast asleep and an hour or so later the squirrel
starts up again...

I'm waiting for winter and a long squirrely winter sleep.

k30a

Old 09-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Sam Hopkins

I parked my boat on the shore one day and walked into the woods looking for
fishing bait. I came suddenly upon a squirrel. The squirrel ran up the tree,
lost his grip, feel about 15 feet onto me and we both screamed and ran
opposite directions.

Old 09-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Bonnie

BenignVanilla wrote:
The SHP CFO was just out in the yard, and said he heard a ruckus out by the
pond. When she looked over, frogs were jumping everywhere, and a squirrel
was hunched over the pond on a rock. She said she couldn't tell if it was
drinking, or hunting. *laugh*

Anyone have had a squirrel attack?

BV.

Yes, a red squirrel chewed a hole in the screen on my screen
porch to get to the bird seed stored on the porch. When I
went to see what was going on, it charged at me! That darn
squirrel was really nasty. I backed into the house, went
around and opened the screen door so that the squirrel could
leave - it did eventually. Then I removed all bird seed to
a metal container with a secure lid, which I then placed in
the yard. No more nasty squirrels on the porch!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 10-10-2003, 01:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

BenignVanilla wrote:
The SHP CFO was just out in the yard, and said he heard a ruckus out by the
pond. When she looked over, frogs were jumping everywhere, and a squirrel
was hunched over the pond on a rock. She said she couldn't tell if it was
drinking, or hunting. *laugh*

Anyone have had a squirrel attack?

Last year someone posted on here squirrels eating baby birds, so frogs
might be on their diet list, but I imagine VERY low on the list. I feed the
squirrels peanuts so they shouldn't need the extra frog protein, I hope.
~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 10-10-2003, 01:32 PM
ajames54

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:10:21 -0400, "BenignVanilla"
wrote:

The SHP CFO was just out in the yard, and said he heard a ruckus out by the
pond. When she looked over, frogs were jumping everywhere, and a squirrel
was hunched over the pond on a rock. She said she couldn't tell if it was
drinking, or hunting. *laugh*

Anyone have had a squirrel attack?

BV.

If they are hungry they will go after frogs a toads...not sure if
it is normal for all squirrels but the ones near our cottage do
it. After all, they are just Rats with good P.R.

Old 10-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Lee Brouillet

I have a squirrel that runs up a tree then turns "head down" on the trunk.
From that position, she chitters and snaps her tail at the dogs. She does
this about 6" above the maximum height they can achieve jumping at her . . .
it drives them NUTS. Squirrels "know" . . .

Lee