Old 31-01-2004, 02:33 AM

Default Under the Ice: Pictures

Two years ago I added a web cam to my pond, so I can enjoy it from my
office. I move the camera around; under water, above water - looking
at the waterfall, etc. This winter I decided to leave the camera
underwater. I thought it would be interesting to see what life is like
for the fish under the ice, during our New England winter. I posted a
couple of pictures captured from the web cam for those interested:

http://pages.cthome.net/mcclure/

Old 31-01-2004, 02:33 AM
GrannyGrump

Cool pix!
Old 31-01-2004, 04:32 AM
Ka30P

Very kewl!
Thanks for posting those!

kathy 30acre :-)
Old 31-01-2004, 04:32 AM
Ken Russell

Ice wot u mean!

--
Ken Russell

wrote in message
| Two years ago I added a web cam to my pond, so I can enjoy it from my
| office. I move the camera around; under water, above water - looking
| at the waterfall, etc. This winter I decided to leave the camera
| underwater. I thought it would be interesting to see what life is like
| for the fish under the ice, during our New England winter. I posted a
| couple of pictures captured from the web cam for those interested:
|
| http://pages.cthome.net/mcclure/

---

Old 31-01-2004, 05:32 AM
Rich

Cool. I cant get to mine for the snow. I had a pump running and a hole
last week. I guess tomorrow I got to shovel.

PENNA.

"Ka30P" wrote in message

Very kewl!
Thanks for posting those!

kathy 30acre :-)

Old 31-01-2004, 03:02 PM
REBEL JOE

AWESOME PICS THANKS

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 31-01-2004, 07:23 PM

OK.. I dont have the details on this camera setup. please post again. Ingrid

" wrote:

Two years ago I added a web cam to my pond, so I can enjoy it from my
office. I move the camera around; under water, above water - looking
at the waterfall, etc. This winter I decided to leave the camera
underwater. I thought it would be interesting to see what life is like
for the fish under the ice, during our New England winter. I posted a
couple of pictures captured from the web cam for those interested:

http://pages.cthome.net/mcclure/

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 31-01-2004, 07:46 PM

The camera is a true waterproof color/black and white camera, with IR
illuminators. Purchased from Supercircuits for about $130:

http://www.supercircuits.com/STORE/p...=11&mi tem=41

I buried an extra conduit from the power post by my pond to the house
and ran coax video cable to my computer in my basement office. I use a
Hauppauge WinTV video capture card (about $49 at Circuit City) to
capture the video from the camera. I then use WebCam32 (from
www.surveyor.com for $40) to save still images locally (like a
security camera), FTP upload an image every 15 seconds to a webpage,
and act as a live webserver (so I can remotely view live streaming
video).

" wrote:

Two years ago I added a web cam to my pond, so I can enjoy it from my
office. I move the camera around; under water, above water - looking
at the waterfall, etc. This winter I decided to leave the camera
underwater. I thought it would be interesting to see what life is like
for the fish under the ice, during our New England winter. I posted a
couple of pictures captured from the web cam for those interested:

http://pages.cthome.net/mcclure/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 31-01-2004, 07:56 PM

" wrote:

Two years ago I added a web cam to my pond, so I can enjoy it from my
office. I move the camera around; under water, above water - looking
at the waterfall, etc. This winter I decided to leave the camera
underwater. I thought it would be interesting to see what life is like
for the fish under the ice, during our New England winter. I posted a
couple of pictures captured from the web cam for those interested:

http://pages.cthome.net/mcclure/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 01-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Denise

Those were very interesting to see! I sent your page to my ponding
friend in East Hempstead NY who is always wondering what her koi are
doing under all that ice.

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 01-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Hank

The pictures are great, they make me feel cold just looking at them.
Thanks for the post.
I might try that ......... if ever my pond emerges from under the
snow. The squirrels have a tunnel through the snow, so I guess the
bubbler has kept a hole open for them to drink.

Old 01-02-2004, 03:48 PM
BTC/TAK on ACK

The pictures are great,

They are, aren't they? A really nice treat... thanks "McClure"!

Mila