Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-05-2004, 04:03 AM
The~Doofie~Man©

Default Newbie here...

Greetings from Ontario Canada folks.
I just bought a 550 gallon pond kit. for my mom's backyard. I went medium
sized for her so she can look after it when I move next year. Then I plan
putting my plumbing skills to work and building a 1500ish gallon pond at our
new house.
Anyway I have everything in & working. I'm surprised I got the waterfall
feature to look so natural in so little time. I have some minor landscaping
to do & I'm just waiting for the muckiness to be removed from the pond, some
of the outlining rocks were a little muddy.
Anyway I know I can't get too fancy with this pond cause its a kit. (A
Beckett Kit if that helps) No UV, skimmer etc, just a pump.
I have a few questions.
Once the murkiness clears how long after can I put goldfish in. From the
various posts I read in here, I assume goldfish are far easier to maintain
than Kois. My mom or even me in the future doesn't need to be checking this
& that every day if you know what I mean.
Do I need to add chemicals weekly to the pond for the fish to survive.
I'll be adding plants after the pond goes clear. The pond gets a lot of sun
so I take it I need to add algaecides as well.
any help is greatly appreciated. I will try to take a pic and link it up
later this week.
Thanks for the help in advance..

P.S. If anyone needs any plumbing info, don't hesitate to ask.
--
The~Doofie~Man ©
"LET ME SEE YOUR CIGARETTE LIGHTERS!!!!!"

here here now, this poking at my daughter has to stop! Momma McKoi Ponds 0 15-05-2005 10:57 PM
Newbie here...(mag-drive pumps) Ponds 4 18-05-2004 02:25 PM
Newbie here needs to ask a question russandcathy Ponds (alternative) 7 10-04-2003 03:56 PM
Newbie here needs to ask a question BenignVanilla Ponds 6 02-04-2003 06:44 AM
Newbie here - Easiest to grow orchid in NW IN pagan Orchids 8 05-02-2003 04:11 PM