Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-05-2004, 12:18 AM
The~Doofie~Man©

Default Pump/filtering the basics???????

Okay folks I got the basics down. I had to put a new liner in the other day
cause I'm a friggin Gump & had water go behind the liner after I re did the
water fall. (That waterfall looked sweet too) I learned my lesson the hard
way I guess. I re did the ledges as well. The old liner will be used for
another pond I'll make in another corner of the backyard.

Here's my questions.
I have a ****y little Becket pump. Its rated 300 gph at 1" lift. I have
about a 3' lift with the falls. This puts the GPH at about 70-85 gph. I
gotta have a better filter rate than this correct. I'm a plumber & can get
a Grundfos recirculating pump off a fellow ass crack shower for free. I was
thinking this pump (out of water) should do the trick, even if I use it in
conjunction with the underwater pump. Its oilless so its safe to use. AS far
as the lift rate I'm working on finding that out. It has to be greater than
the Becket pump. I bought a 500gph filter as well. I haven't installed it
yet cause I'm still waiting to get the pump off my co-worker. My main
question is, do I really need to have a filter? I'm assuming plants and &
good pump(s) doesn't always do the trick. Is there such a thing as over
filtering?
Also the deepest part of the pond to the top of the water level is 2'. I
live in Southern Ontario, will the fish & plants make it through the winter
in the pond?

One thing I've learned is that pond kits are not worth the $$.

Thanks for all the advice in advance people!!!!

--
The~Doofie~Man ©
"LET ME SEE YOUR CIGARETTE LIGHTERS!!!!!"