Old 04-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Tom L. La Bron

Default Shrek 2, weas new Harry Potter film

BV,

Sherk 2 was better than the first. Can't wait for it
come out of DVD.

Tom L.L.
Benign Vanilla wrote:
wrote in message

I hated it. it is a dark and grubby movie with dark and grubby

"realistic" sets.

the director stripped nearly all the magic out of the film ... and

stripped out all

the fun and warmth. yech.... Ingrid

What about Shrek 2?

BV.

Old 04-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Ka30P

Our local movie critic echoed Ingrid's concerns.
Will be interesting to see what high household Harry Potter fan, DD, has to say
about it.
On our list - Shrek2, VanHelsing, Troy, Spiderman2.... the problem is finding
the time for them!

kathy :-)
Old 04-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Tom L. La Bron" wrote in message
BV,

Sherk 2 was better than the first. Can't wait for it
come out of DVD.

snip

I enjoyed it too. I am not sure if I like it better or not. I think I
approached the first with excitement over the new characters, whereas with
S2, I was more interested to see how they developed the jokes. So I think I
appreciate them both for what they are, equally.

Puss in Boots had me rolling on the floor to be sure.

BV.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Ka30P" wrote in message

Our local movie critic echoed Ingrid's concerns.
Will be interesting to see what high household Harry Potter fan, DD, has

to say
about it.
On our list - Shrek2, VanHelsing, Troy, Spiderman2.... the problem is

finding
the time for them!

My wife and kids are huge HP fans, althought I must admit the kids won't
watch it alone. If their friends are over, or we're there, they love it.
Alone they don't like it. Based on what Ingrid said, I wonder how they will
fair with the new movie.

BV.

Old 04-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Ka30P

;-) we're LOTR geeks here, too. All have read the series, or had it read to
them (dyslexic youngest). We thought the movies fared pretty well. Eldest son
wasn't that happy with some of the changes made to Faramir.

kathy :-)

Old 05-06-2004, 06:03 PM
dkat

Oddly what bothered me most about the movie was that they took out the
crucial bit of how the King would be a healer and of his healing Faramir,
Eowyn and Merry. It was also disappointing that they could not make Pippen
and Merry heads taller than they had been All and all I thought they did
not harm the book or the feel of it and I enjoyed them quite a bit (will
have a difficult time being patient for the extended Return of the King)..

Old 08-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Benign Vanilla

"dkat" wrote in message
news
Oddly what bothered me most about the movie was that they took out the
crucial bit of how the King would be a healer and of his healing Faramir,
Eowyn and Merry. It was also disappointing that they could not make
Pippen
and Merry heads taller than they had been All and all I thought they

did
not harm the book or the feel of it and I enjoyed them quite a bit (will
have a difficult time being patient for the extended Return of the King)..

snip

Don't even get me started...Two words...raising the shire.

BV.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Benign Vanilla

"dkat" wrote in message
news
Oddly what bothered me most about the movie was that they took out the
crucial bit of how the King would be a healer and of his healing Faramir,
Eowyn and Merry. It was also disappointing that they could not make
Pippen
and Merry heads taller than they had been All and all I thought they

did
not harm the book or the feel of it and I enjoyed them quite a bit (will
have a difficult time being patient for the extended Return of the King)..

snip

Don't even get me started...Two words...raising the shire.

BV.

Review of Alnwick Garden (Part of Alnwick Castle, which was Hogworts School in Harry Potter) [email protected] Gardening 0 19-03-2007 06:33 PM
OT new Harry Potter film dkat Ponds 19 10-06-2004 08:06 AM
OT Education was new Harry Potter film Ka30P Ponds 5 10-06-2004 05:12 AM
new Harry Potter film [email protected] Ponds 26 09-06-2004 03:14 PM
OT Harry Potter OT K30a Ponds 71 10-07-2003 05:32 AM