Old 21-06-2003, 03:08 PM
K30a

Default OT Harry Potter OT

Okay, time to fess up.
How many rec.ponders are going to be reading
the Harry Potter fifth book today? (me!)
My 17-yr-old daughter is going to crawl into
the mailbox and wait for the postman to arrive.

k30a
Old 21-06-2003, 03:08 PM
James Williams

"K30a" wrote in message

Okay, time to fess up.
How many rec.ponders are going to be reading
the Harry Potter fifth book today?

I read part of the first one before getting bored with the whole thing.

---

Old 21-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Fred

On 6/21/03 7:04 AM, in article
, "James Williams"
wrote:

"K30a" wrote in message

Okay, time to fess up.
How many rec.ponders are going to be reading
the Harry Potter fifth book today?

I read part of the first one before getting bored with the whole thing.

GASP!!!! Blasphemer!!! While I am not crawling into the mailbox, I really
am interested in reading the fifth, though I will probably wait a week or
two for the initial hysteria to cool off.

Fred

Old 21-06-2003, 03:56 PM
DKat

My son, who just got his license, talked me into letting him drive down to
our local Borders and buy the book at midnight last night..... I'm warring
with myself on whether to read it while he sleeps or to let him have the
pleasure of having been there first......

Old 21-06-2003, 04:56 PM
James Williams

"Fred" wrote :

I read part of the first one before getting bored with the whole

thing.

GASP!!!! Blasphemer!!!

I don't know, maybe it got better, but really... Stepdad interferes with
mail - magic! - problem solved! Some other problem pops up - Magic! -
problem solved...

I think I can see where that's going.

---

Old 21-06-2003, 05:08 PM
K30a

James wrote Some other problem pops up - Magic! -problem solved... I think I
can see where that's going.

Poor Harry, would it be that easy.
It didn't go that way ;-)
I resisted for a long time. Never have been a
big fantasy fan since I was a kid. But when the first movie came out I decided
to read the first book before going to the movie and I got hooked.
We now own the British editions as well as the American editions...
The other factor I enjoy is talking to the teenagers, on the academic teams I
coach, about the books. A good generation gap closer.

k30a
Old 21-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Denise

Well, I won't be reading it today...didn't get my copy yet.

In our livingroom are shelves that go floor to ceiling around bay
window, wall to wall. Full of mostly gardening books. There's one shelf
almost empty...just has the first four Harry Potter books and one HP
figurine (Santa brought me that a few years ago LOL)

Love reading about Harry's advenures. Just can't help cheer for him and
his friends. The art work on the dust covers are awesome too.

When each new movie comes out, first thing I do is reserve my tickets
through Fandango :-)

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 21-06-2003, 07:56 PM

Harry who
OK; I we called the kids and they got the grand daughter up at 11 PM and
went to the book store. They were 230 out of 250 books.
They were on the TV news all dressed up in there parts.
I'll wait for the movie I have the first two.

Old 21-06-2003, 08:32 PM
K30a

Rich wrote Harry who

(!!!!) chortle!

I went to the store and on the way home I
spotted the mail truck a couple blocks away... informed teenage daughter. She
is now waiting in the front yard. Her two brothers will read it also but don't
have the rabidness about it that their
sister (and mother) have. ;-)

k30a

Old 21-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Billnjennh7

My wonderful wife works at our local library and they have two copies. I think
I will just wait for them to catalogue it and then go into a reading frenzy. I
will have to be quick though... The terminator librarian that I am married to
makes sure all books in the house are returned on time (whether you're finished
with the book or not). LOL
Old 21-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Anne Lurie

Well, I'm not sure whether I'll be able to read Harry Potter today, as I've
been chopping away at Wisteria & Holly all day -- but I received my
pre-ordered copy today!

BTW, I'm 56, and the book is for me.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 21-06-2003, 10:44 PM
K30a

It arrived here at 12.55pm PST.
The mail lady was laughing as she spotted
my daughter in the yard. Three of us have
been reading since then, the other two in the
family went hiking for heaven's sake!!
{{it is very good!!!}}

k30a
Old 22-06-2003, 05:44 AM
Topazfalcon

I wasn't planing on reading it, but since my bf works at one of the places
that was making the book, he gets a free copy, so I may give it a go once I
finish reading the book I'm working on.

Old 22-06-2003, 06:08 AM
J. Douglas Mercer

Went to Krogers grocery store today, assuming that I had failed to get my
sweet niece her book for her birthday tomorrow.
Lo and behold, it was there in a big display in the front for $18US. (40
percent off of retail with Kroger card)
There is a Borders book store 100 meters away which had people waiting
after-hours last night.
Boy, I feel like a great uncle now. :-)

doug
..

"K30a" wrote in message

Okay, time to fess up.
How many rec.ponders are going to be reading
the Harry Potter fifth book today? (me!)
My 17-yr-old daughter is going to crawl into
the mailbox and wait for the postman to arrive.

k30a

Review of Alnwick Garden (Part of Alnwick Castle, which was Hogworts School in Harry Potter) [email protected] Gardening 0 19-03-2007 06:33 PM
OT new Harry Potter film dkat Ponds 19 10-06-2004 08:06 AM
OT Education was new Harry Potter film Ka30P Ponds 5 10-06-2004 05:12 AM
new Harry Potter film [email protected] Ponds 26 09-06-2004 03:14 PM
Shrek 2, weas new Harry Potter film Tom L. La Bron Ponds 9 09-06-2004 03:12 PM