Old 25-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Nedra

Default Sharing Lotus Tubors

Okay, Gareee. What is it if Not a Tuber?

Nedra

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Sigh......

Someone HAS to say it!

Ok I will!

It's NOT a Tuber!

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 25-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Nedra

Opps. Just noticed your winking eye ....

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Sigh......

Someone HAS to say it!

Ok I will!

It's NOT a Tuber!

Old 25-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Gareee©

"Nedra" wrote in message
k.net...
Okay, Gareee. What is it if Not a Tuber?

Time to Rewatch Kindergarten Cop... LOL!

You get a time out JUST for that purpose!

Old 26-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Nedra

Call me stupid ... I never heard of Kindergarten Cop.
We are talking past each other - er something. I'm of the 30s and 40s
generation. Pre TV almost Pre Talkies ;-)
Time Out? I recall my grandchildren getting TimeOuts for being
naughty. That's bad in my lingo.

Nedra

"Gareee©" wrote in message
k.net...

Old 26-06-2004, 01:11 AM
Gareee©

"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...
Call me stupid ... I never heard of Kindergarten Cop.
We are talking past each other - er something. I'm of the 30s and 40s
generation. Pre TV almost Pre Talkies ;-)
Time Out? I recall my grandchildren getting TimeOuts for being
naughty. That's bad in my lingo.

Kindergarten Cop is an Arnold Schwarzeneggar comedy from the late 80s I
believe.

The reference is from that movie.

It was a joke. Sorry if you are blind sighted to it.

Old 26-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Nedra

I know it was a joke ... I re-read my post and realize I didn't put an LOL
anywhere in it! LOL!

Nedra

"Gareee©" wrote in message
link.net...

Old 28-06-2004, 08:04 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

You can do them whenever they go dormant, is my understanding.

Here in Zone 7 I wait for a nice sunny day in late Feb, early March and up
end the pots. Get them mailed out, or sold, soon after. I held the tubers
in a bucket for a few days and potted most up. K30 was a tad busy and
didn't get over to get hers right away, so I left hers and some for my
sister in the bucket. Don't know if some cold nights got to them or what,
they looked viable, but neither hers or my sister's grew..... Course then
there is the big tuber I put back to grow in the container they all came
from, and it's not doing a darn thing, all the others I potted up to sell,
grew and were sold. The tuber isn't mushy either, but maybe it takes them a
long time to rot? Water temp is in the 80's and has been for couple weeks.
The 2nd Lotus container I didn't touch this year is growing great guns and
has 4-6 buds up. Very confusing plant for me. ~ jan

Thanks. It appears my best plan may be to leave them until April. And I had
all kinds of cool plans for a lotus garden this year. Dern.

BV.

Old 28-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Nedra

My lotus pond is on its 3rd or 4th year with No division. The pond is
crammed
full blossoms & buds and the leaves are gigantic. Wonder
if its some sort of ole wives tale that they should be divided - at least
every other
year? Jan's experience and mine seem to indicate that they do best if left
alone.

Nedra

s.com...

Old 01-07-2004, 01:04 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

BV,

If you have any extras, I would love to have some Lotus!

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
I want to prepare to split and share some of my tubors, as I am running

out
of room, and I don't know if I will get the lotus garden in this year.

What
is the best time/method to do so? I was thinking in the fall...pull them
out, cut back the roots, stems, etc.

Then what...

Put them in a bin full of pond water in the house for the winter?
Let them dry?

BV.

Old 01-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message
BV,

If you have any extras, I would love to have some Lotus!

snip

Jim...you are on. I'll be splitting them in the spring to be safe. If I can
do it before then, I will and I will post here. I think Kathy and You are
first and second in line.

BV.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:04 PM
chagoi

Benign Vanilla wrote:

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message

BV,

If you have any extras, I would love to have some Lotus!

snip

Jim...you are on. I'll be splitting them in the spring to be safe. If I can
do it before then, I will and I will post here. I think Kathy and You are
first and second in line.

BV.

MA... MAA... MAAAEEE Three?

/\/\ike
Chagoi
http://ourkoipond.com

-- I think NASCAR would be more exciting if, like in a skating rink,
every 15 minutes someone announced it was time to switch directions

Old 02-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Rhino

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:36:43 -0400, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

"chagoi" wrote in message
Benign Vanilla wrote:

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message

BV,

If you have any extras, I would love to have some Lotus!

snip

Jim...you are on. I'll be splitting them in the spring to be safe. If I

can
do it before then, I will and I will post here. I think Kathy and You

are
first and second in line.

BV.

MA... MAA... MAAAEEE Three?

Sure.

Please put me on the list.

"Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to thier level then beat you with experience."
Old 02-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Rhino" wrote in message
snip
Please put me on the list.

snip

I just want to clarify...I am not maintaining a list. LOL. If I have enough
to share, I will happily do so.

BV.

Old 03-07-2004, 05:03 AM
Rhino

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 10:42:21 -0400, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

"Rhino" wrote in message
.. .
snip
Please put me on the list.

snip

I just want to clarify...I am not maintaining a list. LOL. If I have enough
to share, I will happily do so.

BV.

So, do we need to do the "Are we there yet...?" routine for the next 9 months?
:-)

See My Pond

Follow the Pond Links

"Without the second ammendment, the others are just suggestions."

Trailing Lotus-2254 (Lotus berthelotii) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 16-09-2012 08:23 AM
Sharing Lotus Tubors) Nedra Ponds 0 28-06-2004 10:06 PM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 05:56 PM
Sharing pond pics ... Chi Tran Ponds 9 29-03-2003 06:20 AM
Orchids in the Kitchen window - Thanks for sharing your pics profpam Orchids 2 25-02-2003 04:39 AM