Old 25-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Ed

Default Can anyone reccomend a good filter setup?

Can anyone reccomend a good filter setup to remove leaves, dirt and
debris ? I am not the most handiest at building any type of filter.
Old 25-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Rich

There is none that will remove the dirt from the bottom.
A good skimmer will remove the top leaves.
And do nothing to the bottom.
A good pump will pick off the bottom and get some of the dirt but little of
it.

A yearly cleaning dos the trick.

Old 25-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Mickey

Look at a Savio skimmer, you can set it up to skim normally and when you
want to suck off the bottom close the door and it will suck from the bottom.

Old 25-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Ed

Thanks !

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:50:17 -0500, "Mickey"
wrote:

Look at a Savio skimmer, you can set it up to skim normally and when you
want to suck off the bottom close the door and it will suck from the bottom.

.. .

Old 26-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Nedra

Hi Mickey,
What model Savio skimmer do you have?

Nedra

Old 26-07-2004, 01:45 AM
RichToyBox

If you are looking to remove a bunch of stuff that is already on the bottom,
I would recommend a shop vac. The leaves and other debris will foul any
filter, and most pumps. If your pond is too large for a shop vac, as are
mine, then you can use a vacuum similar to the one that I use which is on my
web site.

If you are looking to keep the leaves, a lot of the dirt, and other air
blown debris from going to the bottom then a skimmer is the only way to go.
A bottom drain will clean the material that does sink, but if there is big
stuff, then the pump may be damaged.
--
RichToyBox

Old 26-07-2004, 07:35 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 08:20:12 -0400, Ed wrote:

Can anyone reccomend a good filter setup to remove leaves, dirt and
debris ? I am not the most handiest at building any type of filter.

Hi Ed,

Check out my website on how to go over the edge using a bottom drain &
skimmer, added after the fact. Ideally one puts these in when installing
the pond. Filter design/parts click on both *My Filter* and *Demon Pond
Filter* *Lily Pond Photos* will show how we set up the plumbing to go thru
the liner of a new pond. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 26-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Hal

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 08:20:12 -0400, Ed wrote:

Can anyone reccomend a good filter setup to remove leaves, dirt and
debris ? I am not the most handiest at building any type of filter.

Tell us more. How big is the pond you want to filter? Do you have
fish and plants?

Regards, Hal
http://members.cox.net/hrclark1/Index.html
Old 26-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Mickey

This one
http://www.aquaart.com/SavioSkimmer.html

link.net...

Old 27-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Nedra

Thanks Mickey. Not the one I have. I have Model 85 - - got it from AZ
Ponds.
I sure got a good deal on it but there it sits in my garage

Nedra