Old 28-07-2004, 11:32 PM
WilsonKKW

Default Are crayfish ok for a pond?

are crayfish ok for a pond ?transfered from fForida to Maryland
Old 28-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Ka30P

Depends on the crayfish.
cut and paste
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...=off&q=crayfis
h%2C+crawdads&btnG=Search&meta=group%3Drec.ponds

kathy :-)
algae primer

Old 29-07-2004, 01:21 AM
bluegill phil

I had White River crawdads in an aquarium. While they were in the
growing stage they were cold blooded killers. They would kill the fish
when the fish (platys) where asleep. When they matured they started
eating mostly vegitables. They wrecked out everything and ate the
plants even though the plants were plastic. I found them to be very
entertaining but if your pond is small or over stocked I would watch
for shereded fins

Old 29-07-2004, 04:11 AM
Crashj

EROSPAM (Ka30P) wrote in message ...
Depends on the crayfish.
cut and paste
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...=off&q=crayfis
h%2C+crawdads&btnG=Search&meta=group%3Drec.ponds

Thank you for posting that as I was wondering the same thing. Should I
eat it or just throw it in the pond?

Incidentally, for long urls like that try snipurl.com which yields:
http://snipurl.com/83eh

for the crayfish threads. Also, could you add crawfish for some more
hits?

I kept one in a cold aquarium for years and fed it my dead fish. I
have seen them capture a sleeping tropical fish, so in the tank is not
a good idea.

Crashj 'betcha can't eat just one' Johnson
Old 29-07-2004, 06:15 PM

On 28 Jul 2004 22:37:50 GMT, EROSPAM (Ka30P) wrote:

Depends on the crayfish.
cut and paste
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...=off&q=crayfis
h%2C+crawdads&btnG=Search&meta=group%3Drec.pond s

Just an FYI, for long URL's like this, you can shorten them with
http://www.URLBee.com it's a free service.

kathy :-)
algae primer

hth,

tom

**************** http://www.Intertainia.com ***********
Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com

Old 29-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Ka30P

Just an FYI, for long URL's like this, you can shorten them with
http://www.URLBee.com it's a free service.

Nah, I'll rely on the smarter computer folks amongst us for little urls. The
great wide internet is not kind to old imacs and all my computer dollars go to
the kids (two laptops for college kid and dyslexic high schooler this year -
eek!).
I would love to upgrade to the newest MAC. Just have to turn over all the pond
rocks and find some money... it must be out there somewhere!

kathy :-)
algae primer

Old 30-07-2004, 01:17 AM
RichToyBox

I think that if the truth were told, all of us would find a lot of money in
and around the pond. Expensive fish, filters, food, pumps, lights, etc.,
etc.
--
RichToyBox

Old 30-07-2004, 07:57 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

K30, you need to try out www.tinyurl.com as wraparound is killing your
direct links: http://tinyurl.com/59jzt ~ jan

Old 30-07-2004, 07:57 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

K30, you need to try out www.tinyurl.com as wraparound is killing your
direct links: http://tinyurl.com/59jzt ~ jan

On 28 Jul 2004 22:37:50 GMT, EROSPAM (Ka30P) wrote:

Depends on the crayfish.
cut and paste
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...=off&q=crayfis
h%2C+crawdads&btnG=Search&meta=group%3Drec.pond s

kathy :-)
algae primer

crayfish and freshwater mussels Steve Ponds 4 31-03-2011 06:58 PM
Caught a crayfish today! Gareee© Ponds 10 26-11-2003 05:32 PM
Freshwater shrimp, crabs and crayfish Frank M. Greco Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 18-07-2003 10:17 AM
KAAA-RAZY crayfish Sam Hopkins Ponds 8 06-07-2003 02:32 AM
Freshwater shrimp, crabs and crayfish Frank M. Greco Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 12-06-2003 04:08 PM