Old 16-09-2004, 07:53 PM
George

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Jim Humphries" wrote in message
news:alaZc.287170$J06.120685@pd7tw2no...
What is this talk about Winter!

snip

I am still waiting for Summer. We put a pool in, in mid-july. I have been in
it 11 times. *sigh*

BV.

At this point, I think you're going to have to wait for next summer. That is,
unless you plan to join the Polar bear Club. lol

Old 16-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Rodney Pont

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:02:25 -0400, Benign Vanilla wrote:

I am still waiting for Summer. We put a pool in, in mid-july. I have been in
it 11 times. *sigh*

Is that due to the 'BV' planting method :-)

--
Regards - Rodney Pont

Old 16-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Derek Broughton

George wrote:

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Jim Humphries" wrote in message
What is this talk about Winter!

snip

I am still waiting for Summer. We put a pool in, in mid-july. I have been
in it 11 times. *sigh*

BV.

At this point, I think you're going to have to wait for next summer. That
is,
unless you plan to join the Polar bear Club. lol

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE LATE NOTICE:

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, Summer has been
cancelled for 2004. We will try to bring you summer next season.
Unfortunately, Mother Nature insists that she is losing money and needs a
salary cap. July demands sunny-day parity with August before even
considering a cap, and August insists that it's his God-given right to have
32 sunny days if he wants.
--
derek

Old 17-09-2004, 01:26 AM
RichToyBox

BV,

Use number 2. An indoor outdoor digital thermometer has a long lead on the
outdoor sensor, and it should be waterproof, so just tie it to a measuring
pole and submerge to a depth and read. I can't think of any better ideas.
--
RichToyBox
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/index.html

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

1. A piece of PVC with aquarium syle stick on thermometers placed at

regular
intervals. I would place this in the pond and then retrieve and take
readings as neccessary.

2. Buy a single water proof probe. Attach it to a stick, and take
measurements by placing it into the pond at different depths.

3. A better idea that RichToybox will suggest.

BV.

Old 17-09-2004, 02:47 AM
Crashj

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message ...
"Jim Humphries" wrote in message
What is this talk about Winter!

snip

I am still waiting for Summer. We put a pool in, in mid-july. I have been in
it 11 times. *sigh*

Heck, I've been in the POND more than that. Knee deep only, of course.
--
Crashj
Old 17-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
snip
Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, Summer has been
cancelled for 2004. We will try to bring you summer next season.
Unfortunately, Mother Nature insists that she is losing money and needs a
salary cap. July demands sunny-day parity with August before even
considering a cap, and August insists that it's his God-given right to

have
32 sunny days if he wants.

I want my money back.

BV.

Old 17-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Rodney Pont" wrote in message
news:atcfzvasbuvgflfgrzfygqhx.i45s1n1.pminews@ihs1 ...
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:02:25 -0400, Benign Vanilla wrote:

I am still waiting for Summer. We put a pool in, in mid-july. I have been

in
it 11 times. *sigh*

Is that due to the 'BV' planting method :-)

Funny during work hours it was hot and swimmy weather. Every day at 5:30pm
it seemed to get awful.

BV.

Old 17-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Benign Vanilla

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
BV,

Use number 2. An indoor outdoor digital thermometer has a long lead on

the
outdoor sensor, and it should be waterproof, so just tie it to a measuring
pole and submerge to a depth and read. I can't think of any better ideas.

snip

You disapoint me by not coming up with #3.

BV.

Old 17-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Andrew Burgess

An indoor outdoor digital thermometer has a long lead on the
outdoor sensor, and it should be waterproof, so just tie it to a measuring
pole and submerge to a depth and read.

I would expect it to be water resistant not waterproof.
I'd add a coat of epoxy...