Old 02-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Benign Vanilla

"www.eBayelk.com" wrote in message
did not research this .....does Koi eat the Tadpoles?

"kc" wrote in message
Can we PLEASE go back to talking about ponding?

Every year, I have literally 1000's of frog eggs. I get 100's of tadpoles
and 10's of frogs.

There is something useful in there I am sure.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 02-03-2005, 05:49 PM
San Diego Joe

"Benign Vanilla" wrote:

Every year, I have literally 1000's of frog eggs. I get 100's of tadpoles
and 10's of frogs.

There is something useful in there I am sure.

It would be easier if we could reduce that to binary. It's probably some
exponential function.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Old 03-03-2005, 04:09 PM
George

"kc" wrote in message
Can we PLEASE go back to talking about ponding?
Kirsten

Is there a reason why your computer's calander is a month ahead of everyone
elses'? This can get you killfiled, you know.

Old 04-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Benign Vanilla

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
news:1109785744.90668c832a5cc308724420f0e470b33a@t eranews...
"Benign Vanilla" wrote:

Every year, I have literally 1000's of frog eggs. I get 100's of

tadpoles
and 10's of frogs.

There is something useful in there I am sure.

It would be easier if we could reduce that to binary. It's probably some
exponential function.

Sorry my bad...That would be

1111101000's of eggs.
1100100's of frogs.
1010's of frogs.

Old 04-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Derek Broughton

"Benign Vanilla" wrote:

Every year, I have literally 1000's of frog eggs. I get 100's of

tadpoles
and 10's of frogs.

There is something useful in there I am sure.

It would be easier if we could reduce that to binary. It's probably some
exponential function.

Sorry my bad...That would be

1111101000's of eggs.
1100100's of frogs.
1010's of frogs.

Oddly, it doesn't seem much simpler...
--
derek

Old 22-03-2005, 06:45 PM
kc

Default Enough already

Old 22-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Reel McKoi

"Gale Pearce" wrote in message

Oh, I'm jealous! I bought two tadpoles last year (I was warned that

frogs
are territorial and that one would kick the other out) but never did

hear
any froggie noises so I'm not sure either one stayed. Maybe I'll be
luckier this year!

===============================
I haven't seen territorial behavior in any of the frogs we have here.

If
you're in a subdivision they may not have survived. Of the thousands

born
each year no more than a few survive until the next spring.

Those of us in rural areas usually have more than enough frogs and

toads.
==========
I think cats are the biggest reason I can't keep frogs - I have cats
constantly coming around my pond and as soon as they start to croak at
night, it's not long before they are no longer here - a friend a couple of
blocks away from my place has a dog that goes crazy whenever a cat enters
his yard and he lets him out to scare the cat away to shut the dog up and

he
always has frogs
Gale :~)

----------------------
Our neighbor's obese cat comes around at night but the frogs continue to
kanoodle and croak in the uncovered kiddy pools. I think this cat is
looking for something tastier than a cold, wet, clammy, slimy frog! :-)
My dogs, all elderly now, are showing almost no interest in either the
neighbor's waddling cat or the frogs starting to show up around here.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 23-03-2005, 04:57 AM
kc

"~ Windsong ~" P@P wrote in message

"kc" wrote in message
Can we PLEASE go back to talking about ponding?
Kirsten

=============
Yes. Ignore the cross-posters and anonymous posters. Last night we heard
the first frog of the season. He already moved into the new little 150
gallon pond.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
Completely FREE softwa

Mower not cutting grass short enough tonygwyn Lawns 2 27-04-2009 10:08 AM
Enough already kc Ponds 0 22-03-2005 06:45 PM
And you thought cutting your toe off with a lawnmower was bad (enough is enough) R&V Childers Gardening 2 26-06-2003 01:44 AM
How do I know I have enough Water Curculation? Aqua Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 06-03-2003 03:39 AM
VF...1 Foot Deep Enough? BenignVanilla Ponds 30 05-03-2003 07:21 AM