Old 22-02-2005, 10:26 PM
~ Windsong ~

"kc" wrote in message
Can we PLEASE go back to talking about ponding?
Kirsten

=============
Yes. Ignore the cross-posters and anonymous posters. Last night we heard
the first frog of the season. He already moved into the new little 150
gallon pond.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
Completely FREE softwa

Old 23-02-2005, 06:25 AM
~ Windsong ~

"kc" wrote in message
Oh, I'm jealous! I bought two tadpoles last year (I was warned that frogs
are territorial and that one would kick the other out) but never did hear
any froggie noises so I'm not sure either one stayed. Maybe I'll be
luckier this year!
Kirsten

==============================
If you live in a town you may not be. I live out in the country so newts,
frogs and toads come on their own. The plant pools behind my house act as
pollywog nurseries ever summer, cranking out thousands of new little
froglets and toadlets.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
http://www.heartoftn.net/users/windsong/index.html

Old 23-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Gail Futoran

"kc" wrote in message
Oh, I'm jealous! I bought two tadpoles last year (I was warned that frogs
are territorial and that one would kick the other out) but never did hear
any froggie noises so I'm not sure either one stayed. Maybe I'll be
luckier this year!
Kirsten

I built my in-ground pond to attract wildlife. I put
minnows in there but they don't disturb anything.
Two years ago I got toads - tons & tons of toad
tadpoles! Then last year I got small green frogs. One
(at least) lived in the pond throughout what we
laughingly call winter here in southcentral TX, so
I'm expecting bunches of frog tadpoles.

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA

Old 24-02-2005, 06:38 PM
kathy

I've been reading rec.ponds via Google since
AOL dropped them.
Works well for me.

Google will throw up all sorts of ads along the right
sides that are kind of related to the subject.
On this topic are two ads for frog sculptures.

But the best one is
'new and USED poison arrow frogs'

I suspect, as the season goes on, rec.ponds could
hold a sale on used bullfrogs. I'd like to volunteer
Her Royal Highness The Lady Bullfrog, but I doubt
she'd cooperate.

kathy

Old 24-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Benign Vanilla

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been reading rec.ponds via Google since
AOL dropped them.
Works well for me.

Google will throw up all sorts of ads along the right
sides that are kind of related to the subject.
On this topic are two ads for frog sculptures.

But the best one is
'new and USED poison arrow frogs'

I suspect, as the season goes on, rec.ponds could
hold a sale on used bullfrogs. I'd like to volunteer
Her Royal Highness The Lady Bullfrog, but I doubt
she'd cooperate.

What's the going rate for carcasses? I always have a few that get caught in
the freeze.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 25-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Derek Broughon

On Thu, 2005-24-02 at 10:38 -0800, kathy wrote:
I've been reading rec.ponds via Google since
AOL dropped them.
Works well for me.

but it's really too bad how google makes multiple posts ...
--
derek

Old 25-02-2005, 02:11 AM
kathy

derek wrote
but it's really too bad how google makes multiple posts...

You can say that again!

kathy

Old 27-02-2005, 08:33 PM
www.eBayelk.com

did not research this .....does Koi eat the Tadpoles?

Old 27-02-2005, 10:22 PM
~ Windsong ~

"www.eBayelk.com" wrote in message
did not research this .....does Koi eat the Tadpoles?

=============================
YES! I believe they do. I have yet to see even eggs survive the ponds with
koi, no less the taddies. The pools with goldfish are always full of tads.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"WORK HARDER, millions in Welfare depend on you."

Old 28-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Hal

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:33:54 -0800, "www.eBayelk.com"
wrote:

did not research this .....does Koi eat the Tadpoles?

I have a friend who claims his ate toad tadpoles and died. Mine
share the pond with lots of them every spring and are growing well.
If they are eating any I don't miss them.

Regards,

Hal
Old 02-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Crashj

On or about Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:45:36 -0500, "kc"
wrote something like:

Can we PLEASE go back to talking about ponding?
Kirsten

Unfortunatley, the drivel has nothing to do with not talking about
ponding, it is just some internet white noise that you have to filter
out.
See, I can talk about ponding, I mentioned 'filter.'
--
Crashj
Old 02-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Crashj

wrote something like:

Can we PLEASE go back to talking about ponding?
Kirsten

Unfortunatley, the drivel has nothing to do with not talking about
ponding, it is just some internet white noise that you have to filter
out.
See, I can talk about ponding, I mentioned 'filter.'
--
Crashj

Mower not cutting grass short enough tonygwyn Lawns 2 27-04-2009 10:08 AM
Enough already kc Ponds 0 22-03-2005 06:45 PM
And you thought cutting your toe off with a lawnmower was bad (enough is enough) R&V Childers Gardening 2 26-06-2003 01:44 AM
How do I know I have enough Water Curculation? Aqua Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 06-03-2003 03:39 AM
VF...1 Foot Deep Enough? BenignVanilla Ponds 30 05-03-2003 07:21 AM