Old 29-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Bev England

Default new here

Hi, I am new here and new to News Groups so please be patient haha. I have
been ponding for about 16 yrs now. We have two ponds. The upper one is about
10x8x2 feet and is for plants, frogs and tadpoles, it leads into a bog which
then leads into a stream and it leads into our larger pond 18'x14'x5' for
our Koi and goldfish. I live in the Maritimes, Canada. Take a look at my
website to see pictures.
Bev
http://bevsplace.ca/

Old 29-05-2005, 10:01 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

Welcome Bev,

Great looking pond set up.

Being new to groups, a forewarning, we currently have some nasty trolls
filling in as "people" here, so if anything nasty comes your way. Ignore.
~ jan

On Sun, 29 May 2005 20:05:42 GMT, "Bev England" wrote:

Hi, I am new here and new to News Groups so please be patient haha. I have
been ponding for about 16 yrs now. We have two ponds. The upper one is about
10x8x2 feet and is for plants, frogs and tadpoles, it leads into a bog which
then leads into a stream and it leads into our larger pond 18'x14'x5' for
our Koi and goldfish. I live in the Maritimes, Canada. Take a look at my
website to see pictures.
Bev
http://bevsplace.ca/

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 29-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Bev

Thank you for the warning.! I've never used a "news group" before and
noticed some not so nice posts!! Wondered what was going on. Glad you like
the ponds.
Bev

--
http://bevsplace.ca/

Old 29-05-2005, 10:36 PM
kathy

So glad you decided to give us a try!
(And a special hi from a sister Canadian born
and raised 13 yrs! - from B.C.)

AND wow, oh, wow!! I thought we had adventures
trying to build our pond! Enjoyed reading the story,
looking at the pictures and artwork.

Hope to see you lots in the future!

kathy :-)
blogfromthebog.com

Old 29-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Reel McKoi

"Bev England" wrote in message
Hi, I am new here and new to News Groups so please be patient haha. I

have
been ponding for about 16 yrs now. We have two ponds. The upper one is

about
10x8x2 feet and is for plants, frogs and tadpoles, it leads into a bog

which
then leads into a stream and it leads into our larger pond 18'x14'x5' for
our Koi and goldfish. I live in the Maritimes, Canada. Take a look at my
website to see pictures.
Bev
http://bevsplace.ca/

=============================
Very nice. :-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 30-05-2005, 12:26 AM
Rick

Welcome to the group 2nd year ponder myself bet you have a wealth of
knowledge to share. Nice pic's and story.

Old 30-05-2005, 07:32 AM
George

"Bev England" wrote in message
Hi, I am new here and new to News Groups so please be patient haha. I
have
been ponding for about 16 yrs now. We have two ponds. The upper one is
about
10x8x2 feet and is for plants, frogs and tadpoles, it leads into a bog
which
then leads into a stream and it leads into our larger pond 18'x14'x5' for
our Koi and goldfish. I live in the Maritimes, Canada. Take a look at my
website to see pictures.
Bev
http://bevsplace.ca/

Welcome, Bev. Nice ponds.

Old 30-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Bev

Thank you everyone and Kathy...so nice to see another Canadian!! If you want
check out my "Canadian Ponders" page, I am trying to build a list so we can
exchange resources and ideas. Feel free to email me and be added to the
list.
The large pond is actually lined with a pool liner. It was brand new in the
box and I got it for very little as they had ordered the wrong size I am
hoping to get about 5 yrs out of it before I reline it with the proper
stuff. It will be quite costly to do.
As far as knowledge...well I can only tell you the mistakes I made!! LOL It
has been on ongoing learning experience as I'm sure you are already aware.
Ponds never get finished, the continue to evolve.
I've been painting and making things all my life and I especially enjoy
making unique things for the gardens/ponds. Glad you like my work.
Thank you again for the welcome and the comments
Bev

--
http://bevsplace.ca/

Old 30-05-2005, 02:09 PM
rtk

Bev wrote:
Thank you for the warning.! I've never used a "news group" before and
noticed some not so nice posts!! Wondered what was going on. Glad you like
the ponds.
Bev

Under Don't let the neighbors use your pond, you have this perfect photo:
http://bevsplace.ca/images/pdnewponddogsoct23.jpg
I hope no one fails to open it. It's precious.

Ruth Kazez
Old 30-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Derek Broughton

Bev wrote:

Thank you everyone and Kathy...so nice to see another Canadian!!

Careful, there. K30's gone over to the Dark Side (she's in Washington).
I'm on the Eastern Shore in Nova Scotia. There's quite a few other
Canadian regulars here.

The large pond is actually lined with a pool liner. It was brand new in
the
box and I got it for very little as they had ordered the wrong size I
am hoping to get about 5 yrs out of it before I reline it with the proper
stuff. It will be quite costly to do.

Depends what you consider costly. HDPE isn't too bad. I'm thinking of
using it on my next pond. Check out NorthernGreenhouse.com - I haven't
tried their pond liners, yet, but our greenhouse survived Hurricane Juan,
so I know the product's good. Prices as low as CDN$0.25/sq.ft.

As far as knowledge...well I can only tell you the mistakes I made!! LOL
It has been on ongoing learning experience as I'm sure you are already
aware. Ponds never get finished, the continue to evolve.

See, you've only been on this newsgroup a day, and you're already in sync
with us. We look at it as an addiction - but none of us are ready to be
cured :-)
--
derek
Old 30-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Reel McKoi

Bev England wrote:
Hi, I am new here and new to News Groups so please be patient haha. I have
been ponding for about 16 yrs now. We have two ponds.

Ask me if I care.

The upper one is about
10x8x2 feet and is for plants, frogs and tadpoles, it leads into a bog which
then leads into a stream and it leads into our larger pond 18'x14'x5' for
our Koi and goldfish. I live in the Maritimes, Canada. Take a look at my
website to see pictures.
Bev
http://bevsplace.ca/

Let get one thing straight. I run this place you do not. got it?
And what in hell is a canadian doing here with a pond? do you use it as
a skating rink in the winter?

McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 30-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Reel McKoi

Bev wrote:
Thank you for the warning.! I've never used a "news group" before and
noticed some not so nice posts!! Wondered what was going on. Glad you like
the ponds.
Bev

Let me help you out here. I am an atheist. I hate JW's. I can manipulate
people to do my dirty work.

I got people to report JW's all the time. Everyone who has a religion
should die. Thank the athiest God, you are not a miserable Christian.

McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o
Old 30-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Bev

Gee..it's great to know there are other Canadians on here, hopefully we can
exchange resources. You being a Maritimer as I am must know that here there
are very few resources. At least in NB.
I will certainly check out the site you gave me, thank you. I did just
purchase a new liner for the upper smaller pond. It is actually from a tarp
company and is .16 per foot. You can also get it with a rubberized backing,
I think it is 1.24 per sq foot. This stuff is the same as the original pond
and has served me very very well. It is easy to work with and folds really
well. It is also good for patching should it require any (haha...of course
it will!!) When I started ponding all those years ago this was the only
stuff available around here, cost me 300.+ for that liner!!! Now that same
pond is bigger and needs to be relined and it only cost 30. something. If it
lasts as long as the original, I'll be happy. For the big pond I would love
to be able to get the EPDM....but it would cost a considerable amount. Maybe
by then the craze will die down and the costs will reflect it. Someone told
me mine is a PVC liner??? Black one side white the other, a woven material.
Nice to meet you all, I look forward to sharing ideas.
Bev

--
http://bevsplace.ca/
"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Bev wrote:

[...]

here here now, this poking at my daughter has to stop! Momma McKoi Ponds 0 15-05-2005 10:57 PM
new here wood_shoppe Edible Gardening 1 29-01-2004 10:32 PM
New here, where's the FAQ? Chris Garvey Plant Science 1 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
New here! Jayne United Kingdom 3 04-04-2003 09:32 AM
New here, where's the FAQ? Chris Garvey Plant Science 2 05-03-2003 04:51 PM