Old 20-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Roy

So then he resembles you and your hubby in more ways than one
then...........

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:15:11 -0500, "Reel Mckoi"
wrote:

===
==="Courageous" wrote in message
===news:01qsd1174iprtp5ml3fmh1jir6d399qmf6@4ax. com...
===
=== I saw all of your usenet postings in the sex groups. I see you are
=== worried about low sperm count. Is this why you gave up sex, and
=== dedicated your life to ponds now?
===
=== Pathetic.
===
=== C//
=======================
===He will do anything for attention. It is pathetic. He used to use my old
===name (Usenet NYM) and real e-mail address to post to sex groups and sex
===sites on the Internet. He's a very sick, sex obsessed fanatic.

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 20-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Roy

So if you enjoy the sex and porn groups so much why not just stay
there and cross post from there to rec ponds like Carol aka reel mckoi
does!

===

Old 20-07-2005, 10:42 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

Yeah there's ebay and online stores, but you never know what you are
getting, or if it'll even live.

When I first started, no one carried anything here, so I ordered almost
everything on-line. I've used various vendors and haven't been unhappy yet.

There are also the "self-made" water plants. Using calla bulbs and canna
rhizomes. Start them inside in regular garden soil in the spring, about 2
weeks prior to going outside. Once they get their first leaf, you can put
water up to 1" around the pot. At the same time move them outside and let
them "harden off" get use to the temps outside, a protected area is best,
in case of late frost. Every week put them farther out in the sun and bring
the water up another inch. Soon they'll be tall enough and acclimated to
having water over their crowns to go in the pond.

You can also take the bulbs, including glads, and put them between your
rocks (YMMV) where just part of the bulb is covered and they'll grow. I
have a Calla in my rushing 1500/gph stream growing great.

I've ordered from 2 online plant stores, and in both cases, over 75% of the
plants they sent died, and need to be replaced. They were both good about
replacing them, but again, half of what they sent died again anyway.

Did you order them late in the season, so they cooked in shipment? No AC in
those UPS trucks.

Direct Gardening was one, and the other was Michigan Bulb, very large
popular dealers.

For pond plants??? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 21-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Gareee©

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
[...]

Saved for future reference.

Did you order them late in the season, so they cooked in shipment? No AC
in
those UPS trucks.

Direct Gardening was one, and the other was Michigan Bulb, very large
popular dealers.

For pond plants??? ~ jan

No, we ordered quite a variety, and just had bad luck.. 8(

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply

Old 21-07-2005, 03:02 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

Direct Gardening was one, and the other was Michigan Bulb, very large
popular dealers.

For pond plants??? ~ jan

No, we ordered quite a variety, and just had bad luck.. 8(

The only bad luck I've had were some really slow orders. Back when the
internet was still fairly new, I had to order by phone gasp the red swamp
hibiscus I have. Then they wouldn't take a credit card or personal check,
so I had to get a money order, that made me nervous. 6 weeks go by and
nothing, so I hounded them via the phone and finally got this little itty
bitty plant. In 3 years it was 6 feet tall and 4 ft wide. I now divide it
every other year.

One's I've had good luck with are www.aquamart.com Aqua-Mart and
http://gardenponds.com/tropicallilies01.htm LaBrake's Garden Path & Pond.
~ jan
~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 22-07-2005, 12:49 PM
~ janj JJsPond.ca

Reel Mckoi wrote:
====================
He will do anything for attention. It is pathetic. He used to use my old
name (Usenet NYM) and real e-mail address to post to sex groups and sex
sites on the Internet. He's a very sick, sex obsessed fanatic.

Go away Carol, nobody cares about what you have to say. leave the net
and service your husband!

Old 19-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Terry

I put some water hyacinths in my pond last year and as nature commands,
they died off in the colder weather. Because of illness I left the dead
plants in a little too long and the water turned brownish. This spring,
I drained the pond and scrubbed it twice, but now it turns brown in a
couple of days and all the lillies are starting to die. I flush it every
couple of days but the lillies continue to die. Please help

Terry
Old 19-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Terry" wrote in message
I put some water hyacinths in my pond last year and as nature commands,
they died off in the colder weather. Because of illness I left the dead
plants in a little too long and the water turned brownish. This spring,
I drained the pond and scrubbed it twice, but now it turns brown in a
couple of days and all the lillies are starting to die. I flush it every
couple of days but the lillies continue to die. Please help

==============================
They may have one of those bacterial diseases. Are the tubers firm and
healthy or dark, smelly and soft? Have you fertilized them and do you have
them in a good clay soil? Are insects attacking them? Are they too deep or
too shallow? Are they getting sun?
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 20-08-2005, 12:46 AM
Bill O'Meally

Reel Mckoi wrote:

snip

Have you fertilized them and
do you have them in a good clay soil?

This may sound like a stupid question to more experienced ponders, but
how do you fertilize lillies without adding nutrients to the general
ecosystem and therefore promote algae growth?
--
Bill

"Wise fool"
Gandalf, THE TWO TOWERS
-- The Wise will remove 'se' to reply; the Foolish will not--

Old 20-08-2005, 09:25 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 23:46:05 GMT, "Bill O'Meally"
wrote:

This may sound like a stupid question to more experienced ponders, but
how do you fertilize lillies without adding nutrients to the general
ecosystem and therefore promote algae growth?

You put the tab (I use Jobe's or Miracle Grow Tomato Spikes) in the soil.
Phosphate, the nutrient algae loves, binds with clay, so doesn't leach into
the water. Btw, I plant in a very sandy soil, so it must not take much clay
to bind it, as I don't have algae problems. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 21-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Bill O'Meally" wrote in message
Reel Mckoi wrote:

snip

Have you fertilized them and
do you have them in a good clay soil?

This may sound like a stupid question to more experienced ponders, but how
do you fertilize lillies without adding nutrients to the general ecosystem
and therefore promote algae growth?

=============================
I buy the Jobe's Rosebush tabs and break then into 3rds. These pieces are
forced down among the roots and covered with heavy clay soil and gravel.
Once a season is enough. Algae needs loads of sun, phosphates and nitrates
to grow. These numbers are very low in my ponds; Phos=0 and nitrates=10 so
little algae grows. :-) I have a lot of plants in my ponds competing for
any nutrients.

Old 25-08-2005, 03:10 AM
Bill O'Meally

Reel Mckoi wrote:

I buy the Jobe's Rosebush tabs and break then into 3rds. These
pieces are forced down among the roots and covered with heavy clay
soil and gravel. Once a season is enough. Algae needs loads of sun,
phosphates and nitrates to grow. These numbers are very low in my
ponds; Phos=0 and nitrates=10 so little algae grows. :-) I have a
lot of plants in my ponds competing for any nutrients.

Thanks for the replies. :-)