Old 14-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Jane

Default I bought 4 cheapies

Hi group.
Well, you've done it! You've made me so excited about roses I've sucumbed to
the urges I've been feeling. I've definitely crossed the line between reason
and madness. I bought 4 cheap bagged Peace roses at K-mart...oh I am so
ashamed Martha....and I don't even have the first clue where to plant them.
They look really healthy...shipment just arrived. They were on sale...strong
large canes...I was influenced by the symbolism of the rose's name...I loved
the colour when I saw them before in person....
ALRIGHT! So I'm simply justifying my actions now.
But hey, you guys wouldn't stop me...NOOoooooo...you guys wonder how long
the sale is on and if your K-mart just got a shipment too....and you guys
wonder why I only bought 4! I'd have been carryin' 30 bags of roses out with
me if one of you went along with me. I knowit.
I just wanted to say thank you all for being such a bad influence on me.
Really. This is going to be wonderful. Now I can justify a rototiller. I'm
gonna need more beds....

Jane

Old 16-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Zphysics1

Hi group.
Well, you've done it! You've made me so excited about roses I've sucumbed to
the urges I've been feeling. I've definitely crossed the line between reason
and madness. I bought 4 cheap bagged Peace roses at K-mart...

Jane, one can get lucky with such roses. I bought two dozen bareroot Sterling
Silver and half a dozen Peace roses last January from Home Depot for $2.49
each. They all thrived and are in bud this week. Though, avid rosarians would
probably not consider doing this; I find with good care , the roses I bought
will serve me well. Good luck.

/z.
Old 16-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Jane

Thank you Z, Your message brings hope. I'm hoping these will make it. Maybe
I'll soak them today and plant them tomorrow. Better in the ground than in
my basement I think.
Jane