Old 15-05-2003, 02:32 PM
dave weil

Default And speaking of Graham Thomas, the rose, not the man...

Has anyone ever noticed some pink on GT's blooms?

Sort of like this:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/GTPink.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/GTPink1.jpg

This isn't a "sport" situation (I don't think) but a function of
fading. I just found it interesting.

Also, to answer the previous question about GT shattering, yes, that's
how the bloom self-destructs. It doesn't wilt, but just fades almost
to white (and now, apparently a blush of pink as well) and then all
you have to do is stroke it lightly and the petals will fly off.

However, I don't think this is a flaw as the blooms seem to have a
normal lifespan.

Oh yeah, I've marked the sport panticles of The Fairy (Cl).

I wonder if I can get my name on the new sport. However, as assured I
am of my manhood, I don't want it to be Dave Weil, The Fairy,
Climbing. Maybe I can get Jackson and Perkins to name it Dave's
Delight, or Dave, Master of the Universe, or The Weil Deal.
Old 15-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Shiva

dave weil wrote:

Has anyone ever noticed some pink on GT's blooms?

Sort of like this:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/GTPink.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/GTPink1.jpg

Well thanks, Dave. Now I have to wonder if I made the right choice by
passing over Graham for Golden Celebration. Gorgeous. It is the
pink/yellow blends that really grab me. You would love Gold Medal, by the
way. Fragrant, too.

Old 15-05-2003, 11:08 PM
dave weil

On Thu, 15 May 2003 16:33:49 -0400 (EDT), "Shiva"
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

Has anyone ever noticed some pink on GT's blooms?

Sort of like this:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/GTPink.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/GTPink1.jpg

Well thanks, Dave. Now I have to wonder if I made the right choice by
passing over Graham for Golden Celebration. Gorgeous. It is the
pink/yellow blends that really grab me. You would love Gold Medal, by the
way. Fragrant, too.

Well, keep in mind that this is at the end of the bloom cycle. I'm
guessing that you only have a couple of days with the pinkness before
the bloom shatters. It's bright yellow the rest of the time...

So, you shouldn't second-guess yourself...

Also, it's weird, but this season, GT doesn't seem to have as much of
a scent as last year...it's very subtle.

Graham Fibbed! Dave Gillingham Orchid Photos 0 23-04-2007 10:00 AM
Rose named Thomas? Sah Roses 10 15-10-2004 11:30 PM
OT - for Graham Fendle Sacha United Kingdom 2 12-05-2003 11:20 PM
The great, late Graham Thomas Allegra Roses 5 27-04-2003 06:32 PM