Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Thirsty Viking

Default Stop the extinction... 402

hmmm... got to love these half formed propaganda pieces.

What species is GUARANTEED extinction because of the 4000, square meter area
around the mine?
or is it a small minnow from one of the proposed small dams to prevent
flooding?

What is the assumption here... pollution? destruction of habitat?

Maybe a wild grass only found here? Details.... please... or go away.
I am assuming the .5 million + pounds from the company to be spent by local
environment groups is unable to save this species?
http://www.mcleaninternationalmining...ages/press.htm

Before I send email to a company about what they are doing I need far more
details than you bothered to give. Since it is a UK company, mining in
the UK, isn't this mostly a problem for the UK? Not that I am unconcerned
if there are legitimate concerns here.... but I certainly can't tell that
in the blurb you posted. And you didn't give any links to places with more
complete information.

John

wrote in message
Please read this itll only take you a minute - it could be your local area

next...!
The corporations are at it again, this time focussing their attentions on

a small part of the SW of England. A large international mining company
claims to have found platinum in the UK and in their quest for money are
going to extinquish at least 1 species from our planet. Butterflies, birds,
small mammals, fish and even some plants are at risk from extinction if this
corporate monster is not stopped.

Please, please, please send as many emails as you can to register your

views at - like i said, it could be your
area next...

Thanks
Harry
P.A.W.E

wtfxyypuifivbssvpwguryfnrlnnckfwhjdumblcertxmkvcyc nfsetflvgkfqtkbbfkzjvyldlo
okfxbnjegbnojyceyerztdgl