Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-01-2004, 09:12 PM
animaux

Default Recommended fruit tree list for this area

Apples – Anna, Dorrsett, Ein Shemer, Mollies and Gala
Apricot – Blenheim and Royal
Fig – Celeste, Brown Turkey and Everbearing
Pecan – Choctan, Kiowa, Pawnee, and Desireable
Asian Pear – Chojuro and Shinro. Four-in-one.
Pears – Moonglo, Leconte, Orient, Warran and Kiefer. Four-in-one,
Three-in-one.
Peaches – Rio Grande, Junegold, La Feliciana, Harvest, Red Globe, Dixieland,
Saturn, Loring
Grapes – Black Spanish, Lomanto, Perlette, Seibel, and Champanel
Plums – Methly and Ozark
Jujube – Lang and Li
Persimmon – Fuyu, Hachiya, and Tanenashi
Pomegranate – Grenada and Wonderful
Blackberry – Roseborough, Brazos, Kiowa, Navaho, Cherokee, and Black Satin
Raspberry – Heritage Red
Artichoke – Improved Green Globe
Asparagus – U.C. 72
Rhubarb – Victoria Cherry
Strawberry – Chandler and Sequoia

This came to me in my Natural Gardener newsletter. I have grown 'Dixieland'
peaches and can say, without any shadow of doubt, these are the best peaches
I've grown to date.

The skins are thinner than most other home grown peaches, and the flesh is a
beautiful golden color. They literally drip when you eat them off the tree. I
recommend leaving them on as long as possible and till the skin is golden on the
outside. A peach is ripe not when it get red, but when the yellow skin turns a
golden color. Of course, squirrels must take one bite of each peach, but that's
the way it goes. I am going to plant another so the critters can have some more
if they want.