Old 09-08-2004, 03:14 AM
Katra

Default Looking for frog eggs for pond

In article . net,
"Grubber" wrote:

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
"Russell" wrote:

Right now we have toads and tadpoles, I have no idea how many tadpoles

of
those we have. The water looks like it's moving by itsel, there are so

many
in there. But i wanted some frogs too. No idea what type of eggs I

found,
the ones I purchased were "tiger frogs" he said, but these tadpoles were
bigger the the toads ever get to in size as tadpoles.

lol That's funny.... The water moving by itself!
That presents a picture.

Suggestion tho', due to food competition, if you really want the frogs
you bought to succeed, you might want to seriously consider removing a
bunch of the toad tadpoles from your pond and relocating them elsewhere.
The shop where you bought your tadpoles might want them for resale also.
:-)

K.

If you can find a pond store that will buy toad tads, I could probably
retire, no matter what they paid. They're more common than trolls on
austin.general.

giggles That's why I left that group. ;-)
Got tired of being harrassed and the group generated _way_ too many
messages.

Build it (a pond) and they will come. I dropped a half
watermelon that was past its prime in the pond and the tads ate it down to a
paper thin shell.

Neat. :-) If I had a pond, or even had an aquarium set up, I'd buy a few
off of you! If for no other reason than to give Linda's little girl a
chance to watch the miracle of the tadpole...

Amber is 5 and as adorable and curious a little tomboy as anyone would
want! I just love to give her bugs and stuff just to see her little face
light up. sigh I have no kids of my own so I have to enjoy everybody
elses!

Hmmmmm.... They have an aquarium set up with goldfish. Will large
goldfish eat toad tads???

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 10-08-2004, 02:14 PM
dt

Katra wrote:
In article . net,
"Grubber" wrote:

"Katra" wrote in message

In article ,
"Russell" wrote:

[...]

I kinda doubt it. I used to have a 4'x8' cement "pond" stocked with
feeder goldfish and trapped minnows. Some of the goldfish grew to 6"
or better. Every year, there'd be so many tadpoles I'd dipnet 'em out
and go pour them in the same mudhole I'd trapped the minnows in.

The tadpoles would be swimming around, eating algae off the side of the
pond, and trying to nibble on the sides of the goldfish! The goldfish
got all twitchy, like they were saying "Get away! Leave me alone!".

DT
--
http://www.thehungersite.com/

Old 10-08-2004, 11:50 PM
Russell

That sounds like mine, they nibble on the goldfish too. This type changes
fast, the toad come out of the water about an half-inch in height. But we
get some sweet sounds at night we they get to talking.

"dt" wrote in message
Katra wrote:
In article . net,
"Grubber" wrote:

Old 11-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Katra

In article ,
dt wrote:

Katra wrote:
In article . net,
"Grubber" wrote:

"Katra" wrote in message

In article ,
"Russell" wrote:

[...]

Where are you in Austin?
I am in San Marcos. Would you be willing to part with some for Amber?
How much? :-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 11-08-2004, 02:28 PM
dt

Katra wrote:
In article ,
dt wrote:

Katra wrote:

In article . net,
"Grubber" wrote:

"Katra" wrote in message

In article ,
"Russell" wrote:

[...]

Sorry; that was several years ago. If I had any, I'd bring 'em to you
for free. It seems a little late in the year, too.

During that same period, I pulled under the I-35 bridge there in SM,
backed down to the river, and started pulling out my 5-gallon buckets.
Some yuppy-looking guy starts yelling, "Hey, you can't wash your truck
here! It'll run right into the river!" I just smiled, filled up my
buckets, put them back in the truck and drove away. Nice, fresh, river
water to top off the pond!

DT

--
http://www.thehungersite.com/

Old 11-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Katra

In article ,
dt wrote:

Katra wrote:
In article ,
dt wrote:

Katra wrote:

In article . net,
"Grubber" wrote:

"Katra" wrote in message

In article ,
"Russell" wrote:

[...]

Ok. Thanks anyway. :-)
If anyone else following this thread has any, please let me know?

During that same period, I pulled under the I-35 bridge there in SM,
backed down to the river, and started pulling out my 5-gallon buckets.
Some yuppy-looking guy starts yelling, "Hey, you can't wash your truck
here! It'll run right into the river!" I just smiled, filled up my
buckets, put them back in the truck and drove away. Nice, fresh, river
water to top off the pond!

DT

Cool! That's a good way to get microflora....

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 12-08-2004, 01:48 AM
Russell

I'm in south Austin, off of Stassney, you are welcome to come get some.
Email me at

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
dt wrote:

Katra wrote:
In article ,
dt wrote:

Katra wrote:

In article . net,
"Grubber" wrote:

Old 12-08-2004, 08:05 AM
Katra

In article ,
"Russell" wrote:

I'm in south Austin, off of Stassney, you are welcome to come get some.
Email me at

Cool! Will do, thanks! :-)
I actually know where Stanssney is. G

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Where to get potassium permanganate, and will it hurt frog eggs? Pam Gibbs Ponds 3 22-07-2004 07:39 PM
Frog Eggs Yesterday...Today Nada Benign Vanilla Ponds 5 29-05-2004 04:05 PM
frog/toad eggs wanted Judi9000 Ponds 3 15-11-2003 11:22 PM
Frog Eggs? BenignVanilla Ponds 9 21-08-2003 03:02 AM
I have frog eggs! KMartin Ponds 2 27-06-2003 11:56 AM