Old 29-07-2005, 10:46 PM
choco

Default baby Pumpkin fruits

I know all about gerkhins,courgettes etc being smaller verions of other
fruits but can we eat younger pumpkin fruits?
are there varieties that are better than others for this?
Just a thought.

Chris nr Bristol

Old 29-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article .com,
choco wrote:
I know all about gerkhins,courgettes etc being smaller verions of other
fruits but can we eat younger pumpkin fruits?

Yes.

are there varieties that are better than others for this?

Yes.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Mike Lyle

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article .com,
choco wrote:
I know all about gerkhins,courgettes etc being smaller verions of
other fruits but can we eat younger pumpkin fruits?

Yes.

are there varieties that are better than others for this?

Yes.

But you should still grow potatoes instead.

--
Mike.

Old 30-07-2005, 09:34 PM
choco

Thanks for your wonderfully helpful suggestions. I'm sure there must be
other groups online that would be a little more welcoming and less
sarcastic.
Yes I will try them. No I wont be recommending this group.
**** your potatoes I only asked a civil bloody question!

Old 30-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Mike Lyle

choco wrote:
Thanks for your wonderfully helpful suggestions. I'm sure there

must
be other groups online that would be a little more welcoming and

less
sarcastic.
Yes I will try them. No I wont be recommending this group.
**** your potatoes I only asked a civil bloody question!

That's fine: you actually got perfectly civil bloody answers. Since
you're almost certainly reading this, note that you've got a lot to
learn about pure and applied sarcasm. I don't like pumpkins, or their
economic return in cool temperate latitudes: that's why we grow
potatoes, even turnips. I wonder if you'd mind shutting the door on
your way out.

--
Mike.

Old 30-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Mike

I wonder if you'd mind shutting the door on
your way out.

Oh, and please don't slam it.

Thank you

Old 30-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Janet Baraclough

choco wrote:

No I wont be recommending this group.

Ah, the silver lining. Thankyou.

Janet.
Old 31-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Dwayne

If you are going to have an abundance of pumpkins, you wont mind trying
this. I pick them while they are small enough that the seeds have not
formed, and still green. Then I wash and slice them, roll them in flour and
fry them.

They are all good, but the sugar pumpkins might be sweeter. They all have
the good pumpkin flavor. One of my favorites is to take a smallish sugar
pumpkin, cut around the stem to take the top off and hollow it out. Then I
fill it with a mixture of fried potatoes, onions, and hamburger. Then I
bake it for an hour or hour and a quarter, before taking it out and eating.
The wife makes pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake and the world famous, pumpkin
pie. You might get onto the internet and type in pumpkin recipes.

Dwayne

"choco" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know all about gerkhins,courgettes etc being smaller verions of other
fruits but can we eat younger pumpkin fruits?
are there varieties that are better than others for this?
Just a thought.

Chris nr Bristol

Why do canned riped fruits stink more badly than fresh ripe fruits? Radium Edible Gardening 13 23-05-2006 11:22 PM
2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
identifying new pumpkin was re; pumpkin curry soup meee Australia 1 28-11-2005 03:14 AM
Black walnut fruits wanted td United Kingdom 4 22-03-2003 11:28 AM
Passion Flower Fruits - really tasty! Drakanthus United Kingdom 5 19-11-2002 01:36 AM