Old 31-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:43:25 -0400, "Harold Walker"
wrote:

Harold, how do you do that? I use the invaluable Quotefix with OE,
and your messages often appear in the same colour, and with the same
marks as the one you're replying to. I've tried to do it myself,

just for info, but I can't. It's your business, but reading would be
a lot easier this end if it didn't happen -- somebody the other day
even thought you hadn't sent a message at all, I think because of it.

...ah, I've worked it out. It's a Gg thing, right? ...But I could
only get it to happen if I started a reply before the end of the
quoted text, which you don't seem to have done above.

--
Mike.
Must admit Mike I just type in a message and you get what I type...do not

What had me curious about Harry's messages was that his replies were
in blue, the same colour as the quoted message, whereas everyone
else's responses come out in black. That's why it appeared that H had
not added any comment of his own to a couple of posts. I still don't
understand but as long as Mike and Harry do, all is OK!
I'm using Forte Agent, and have never used any other.

Pam in Bristol
Old 01-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Harold Walker

wrote:

What had me curious about Harry's messages was that his replies were
in blue, the same colour as the quoted message, whereas everyone
else's responses come out in black. That's why it appeared that H had
not added any comment of his own to a couple of posts. I still don't
understand but as long as Mike and Harry do, all is OK!
I'm using Forte Agent, and have never used any other.

Pam in Bristol

Be durned if I understand either.H

Old 01-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Harold Walker

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Harold Walker wrote:
Worked perfect, brother!

--
Mike.

All I have to do now is to remember what I did rite .....H

Old 01-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Harold Walker

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Harold Walker wrote:
Worked perfect, brother!

--
Mike.

All I have to do now is to remember what I did rite .....H

Looks as tho it did it again

Old 01-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Harold, how do you do that? I use the invaluable Quotefix with OE,
and your messages often appear in the same colour, and with the same
marks as the one you're replying to. I've tried to do it myself,

just for info, but I can't. It's your business, but reading would be
a lot easier this end if it didn't happen %%% somebody the other day
even thought you hadn't sent a message at all, I think because of it.

...ah, I've worked it out. It's a Gg thing, right? ...But I could
only get it to happen if I started a reply before the end of the
quoted text, which you don't seem to have done above.

%%%
Mike.
Must admit Mike I just type in a message and you get what I type...do not
know what I am doing that would make it tough to read...H

Well, that, for a start.

You've left in the complete sig, separator and all (which your
newsreader should strip out if it's half a newsreader). If I were to
just hit 'follow-up' to reply to one of these posts, everything you'd
added would disappear, being below the sig, so every nearly post of
yours I have to edit to reply to.

And you've typed your message (God only knows how) on reply chevrons so
it appears as follows:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

...ah, I've worked it out. It's a Gg thing, right? ...But I could
only get it to happen if I started a reply before the end of the
quoted text, which you don't seem to have done above.

%%%
Mike.
Must admit Mike I just type in a message and you get what I type...do not
know what I am doing that would make it tough to read...H

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Some time ago I mentioned that you were sending messages with no added
content - I was wrong - you send the content but it *LOOKS* as if there
is only quoted text, so they get deleted unread.

Also, your messages don't have an attribution, so it's difficult to know
to whom you are replying.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 01-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Dash! Sorry: I forgot that putting those carets-on-their-sides in my
message would trigger the quotation signals. Sorry. But I hope
readers can still see what I meant.

Now if you'd used carrots instead, we might have been almost back on
topic for the group...

Old 01-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Still leaves me cold Mike...I must admit I do not understand what you
mean....I am using Outlook Express...

Why does this not surprise me?

..everything from top to bottom of the
'stuff' below is in black except for mike lyle

And colours? Thank God my newsreader eschews them - you can have any
colour you like, as long as it's the only one...

Old 01-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

OK, here I go in vanilla OE, without QuoteFix. (QF is available free
or for an optional donation at:
http://jump.to/outlook-quotefix )

I still don't get the display style you have. I really do hope
somebody else will recognise the symptoms. (I've left in some
quotation indicators below to see if that has an effect on what
appears in the group.)

Mike.

Nope - all works perfectly normally.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Mike.

OK, here I go in vanilla OE, without QuoteFix. (QF is available free
or for an optional donation at:
http://jump.to/outlook-quotefix )

I still don't get the display style you have. I really do hope
somebody else will recognise the symptoms. (I've left in some
quotation indicators below to see if that has an effect on what
appears in the group.)

--
Mike.

Have deleted all but Mike above the para and Mike below...and this sentence
is all that is being typed...H

Now try this: Remove the sig:

--
Mike.

Then put your message.

I suspect that (a) you are not leaving an empty line between your text
and what you are replying to, and (b) that having left no line there, OE
in its inanity is treating it as part of the preceding sig.