Old 17-08-2005, 05:47 AM
Registered User

Red face help

what are the curly long gree things that grabs to other things
on a passion vine I would like to get a package of them
Old 17-08-2005, 09:28 AM
JennyC

"parkland" wrote in message
news

what are the curly long gree things that grabs to other things
on a passion vine I would like to get a package of them
parkland

Ye Gods, another gardenbanter nitwit!
Jenny

Old 17-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Mike Lyle

JennyC wrote:
"parkland" wrote in message
news

what are the curly long gree things that grabs to other things
on a passion vine I would like to get a package of them
parkland

Ye Gods, another gardenbanter nitwit!
Jenny

Stay cool, Jenny! Better than the urg troll-fol-de-rols by a mile!

Parkland, if I understand, you're asking two questions. 1, what are
the green curly things called? Answer, usually "tendrils". 2, where
can I get some Passion flower seeds? Answer, try the garden centre,
or one of the seed companies which have on-line catalogues (Suttons
Seeds, Thompson & Morgan, Chiltern Seeds, etc, if you're in the
British Isles).

--
Mike.

Old 17-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Stephen Howard

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:04:41 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

JennyC wrote:
"parkland" wrote in message
news
what are the curly long gree things that grabs to other things
on a passion vine I would like to get a package of them
parkland

Ye Gods, another gardenbanter nitwit!

How much worse can they get?

snip

Oh, quite a lot worse - they could turn into the sort of people who,
rather than answer a question with grace and civility, choose to take
the ****...

I rather think I might stop browsing this newsgroup...it's getting to
the stage where it's putting me off gardening.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 17-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Teleman

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

JennyC wrote:
"parkland" wrote in message
news
what are the curly long gree things that grabs to other things
on a passion vine I would like to get a package of them
parkland

Ye Gods, another gardenbanter nitwit!

How much worse can they get? Perhaps they have all contracted some GM
computervirus which has skipped species into humans who touch the
keyboard

Stay cool, Jenny! Better than the urg troll-fol-de-rols by a mile!

Notalot

Parkland, if I understand, you're asking two questions. 1, what are
the green curly things called? Answer, usually "tendrils". 2, where
can I get some Passion flower seeds?

Nah, he wants a package of the curly long gree things that grabs to
other things. They're useful for keeping stockings up, and fixing
shelves to the wall, and tying up children who don't know what to do
with themselves in the summer holidays.

Janet.

Are these the same long dangly bits that hang down from drainpipes in winter?

Old 17-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Mike Lyle

Sacha wrote:
[...]
To be fair, this group has undergone an awful lot of pushing around
and Garden Banter is a pain, to boot. And the original post came
from Texas - I can't help feeling that people in Texas could just
possibly answer that question, you know. On top of that, do you
*really* think anyone is so stupid as to think you can buy plant
material in a package and have it continue to 'grab other things'?

No, it's very hard to imagine that. Which is why I chose to try and
work out what the OP might have meant: some people do find written
language a challenge -- you see quite a lot of it in other
newsgroups. It somehow didn't feel like a troll to me, though it may
well have been one.

--
Mike.

Old 17-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Mike Lyle

Sacha wrote:
On 17/8/05 18:32, in article , "Mike
Lyle" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
[...]
To be fair, this group has undergone an awful lot of pushing

around
and Garden Banter is a pain, to boot. And the original post

came
from Texas - I can't help feeling that people in Texas could just
possibly answer that question, you know. On top of that, do you
*really* think anyone is so stupid as to think you can buy plant
material in a package and have it continue to 'grab other

things'?

No, it's very hard to imagine that. Which is why I chose to try

and
work out what the OP might have meant: some people do find written
language a challenge -- you see quite a lot of it in other
newsgroups. It somehow didn't feel like a troll to me, though it

may
well have been one.

That's perfectly possible. I've sometimes chastised more impatient
people on this group if I think they have been unkind to someone

who
has trouble with written English. But I really do feel it

extremely
unlikely that anyone, whatever their native language or their
abilities to write, would think live plant material can be packaged
for sale, so as to do its original job of assisting a plant to grow
upwards on a trellis or on other plants.

Well, we haven't heard back, so who knows? My reply was based on
guessing that he or she was asking a) what to call tendrils, and b)
where to get passiflora seed.

--
Mike.

Old 17-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:
On 17/8/05 18:32, in article , "Mike Lyle"
wrote:
Sacha wrote:
[...]
[...]

There are a lot of Hispanics in Texas...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 17-08-2005, 09:16 PM
JennyC

[...]

Oh you mean duct tape - it holds the universe together :~)
Jenny

Old 17-08-2005, 09:19 PM
JennyC

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
On 17/8/05 18:32, in article , "Mike
Lyle" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
[...]
[...]

With hindsight I think the OP meant those green wire or plastic thingamabobs
that hold climbers to their supports.
Jenny

Old 17-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Kay

In article , JennyC
writes
With hindsight I think the OP meant those green wire or plastic thingamabobs
that hold climbers to their supports.

Possibly not - they've repeated the question but with cucumbers.
--
Kay

Old 17-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Sacha

On 17/8/05 19:08, in article , "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 17/8/05 18:32, in article
, "Mike
Lyle" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
[...]
[...]

Really? My guess is that it's some erstwhile trolling prat from this group
doing it again.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 17-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Sacha

On 17/8/05 21:36, in article , "Kay"
wrote:

In article , JennyC
writes
With hindsight I think the OP meant those green wire or plastic thingamabobs
that hold climbers to their supports.

Possibly not - they've repeated the question but with cucumbers.

Of course they have. Everyone knows that cucumbers have wire or plastic
thingamabobs. Interesting use of the very English word 'thingamabob' by a
supposedly non-English speaker/writer, don't you think? Amazing what
assumed illiteracy can do for the determined troll.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM