GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Global warming? "Evidence" from my garden? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/101593-global-warming-%22evidence%22-my-garden.html)

Guy King 24-08-2005 10:21 PM

The message
from (WaltA) contains these words:

Also it must be done quietly behind curtains.

Oh, like farting then?

Oh dear, is that why people have been looking at me ?
I've been doing it all wrong then :(

Ah - there's not a lot of point in doing it quietly behind the curtains
if the game is given away by the drapes blowing in the breeze. You have
to throttle back as well.

--
Skipweasel.
In the beginning was the word.

David Reid 24-08-2005 10:40 PM

Guy King's best pigeon dodged hawks and farmers' guns to bring me the
following:
The message
from (WaltA) contains these words:

Also it must be done quietly behind curtains.

Oh, like farting then?

Oh dear, is that why people have been looking at me ?
I've been doing it all wrong then :(

Ah - there's not a lot of point in doing it quietly behind the curtains
if the game is given away by the drapes blowing in the breeze. You have
to throttle back as well.

You may also need one of the

http://www.over-the-counter.com/over...tfarfilun.html

Or a dog.

--
David Reid http://www.disarray.org.uk

Real men don't need to read instructions.

Ali Hopkins 24-08-2005 10:53 PM

"Malc" wrote in message
. uk...

"Ali Hopkins" wrote in message

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Tea bags is the anti-Char. Nearly as un frabjous as iced
tea.

I was on a Mercadian oil rig supply ship in the Gulf.. There were 2
chamines for dispensing beverages in the mess, both with those fishtank
thingies on top with go roundy thingmerts inside. Anyway, one contained
orange juice and the other contained what I took to be Cola. So I poured
meself a cup and took a big swig. UAB in spades, I nearly spat it all over
the floor.

It prolly would have cleaned it nicely.....

Ali

Bernard Peek 24-08-2005 10:57 PM

In message , Mike Jones
writes
Tony Davison wrote:
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:34:22 +0100, Guy King wrote:

The message
from "Ali Hopkins" contains these words:

For measuring tea into the pot innit.

You are a deeply civilised bunny, imo.

Not as civilised as this...

http://gamilacompany.com/tea/teastick.html

Shpx me, a stainless steel re-useable tea bag. What will the think of
next.

And from leftpondia! (thobut at $20 a shot I'll stick to tea-bags)

They're not uncommon on this side of the pond either. They predate
teabags.

--
Bernard Peek

Richard Bos 25-08-2005 07:32 AM

Guy King wrote:

The message
from Egbert Egret contains these words:

Please explain then, why i can never find a teaspoon? I don't take sugar
in tea, cocoa, etc (and don't drink coughy) and use very little in
anything else. (Except when I'm winemolishing, in which case I tend to
hfr a shovel.)

Then why do you need a teaspoon?

OK, smartarse, how do /you/ get earwax from your ear into the storage jar?

With the screwdriver on a Victorinox, of course!

Richard

Guy King 25-08-2005 07:58 AM

The message
from (Richard Bos) contains these words:

OK, smartarse, how do /you/ get earwax from your ear into the storage jar?

With the screwdriver on a Victorinox, of course!

My uncle uses a retractable biro. When retracted it leaves a neat plug
of earwax ready to be popped out with the (k)nib.

Dave Larrington 25-08-2005 12:28 PM

Also sprach Tony Davison :

Shpx me, a stainless steel re-useable tea bag. What will the think of
next.

Uranium-enriched chocolate fireguards.

Wood is an excellent material for making trees, but is otherwise not to
be trusted.

Guy King 25-08-2005 04:26 PM

The message
from martin contains these words:

Euripades?

Eumenades.

Ali Hopkins 25-08-2005 06:09 PM

"martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:34:24 +0100, "Ali Hopkins"
wrote:

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message

I've had various different versions of this over the last 20 years. None
werk so well as a well matured teapot. Present teapot holds 8 mugfuls,
wot is more than the kettle. I need a kettle bigger than 3 pints wot
switches itself off.

Have you considered an urn?

(Short fat hairy legs, and paid about fifty drachma.)

Euripades?

You tear them, you pay for them.

Ali

Chris Naylor 25-08-2005 10:24 PM

In article ,
) muttered something along the lines of ...
Also sprach Mike Jones :
Dave Larrington wrote:
Also sprach Jaques d'Alltrades :
The message
from (Richard Bos) contains these words:

It also explains why the transitional imago stage between the
embyryonic paperclip and the adult coathanger is never seen - it
occurs in another fold. Ontological evidence suggests the
"missing" stage looks like a teaspoon, which accounts for where
all the teaspoons go.

No, we already know where teaspoons go. They migrate to cupboards
belonging to people like me, who don't take sugar in their tea.

Please explain then, why i can never find a teaspoon? I don't take
sugar in tea, cocoa, etc (and don't drink coughy) and use very
little in anything else. (Except when I'm winemolishing, in which
case I tend to hfr a shovel.)

There /is/ no spoon.

Whither spoon? (Oh look, half past opening time!)

Sounds like a case for...

url:
http://www.rathergood.com/spoonguard/

Made I larf even before it loaded as I unforgetted it from larst time I
saw it!
--
Chris Naylor
Remove your trousers to reply

Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone.

Chris Hogg 26-08-2005 07:34 AM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:15:30 +0100, Bernard Peek
wrote:

Apart from recently being declared a diabetic I'm OK.

Then take a look at alt.support.diabetes and alt.support.diabetes.uk
if you don't already.

--
Chris

Austin Shackles 26-08-2005 09:16 AM

On or around Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:43:13 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
enlightened us thusly:

url:http://www.rathergood.com/spoonguard/

that's surreal.

I like "biscuits" from the main site navbar on the left.
If all be true that I do think, There are five reasons we should drink;
Good wine, a friend, or being dry, Or lest we should be by and by;
Or any other reason why. - Henry Aldrich (1647 - 1710)

Jaques d'Alltrades 26-08-2005 10:04 AM

The message
from Guy King contains these words:

Euripades?

Eumenades.

Gotohades?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Bernard Peek 26-08-2005 10:05 AM

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
wrote:

Apart from recently being declared a diabetic I'm OK.

Then take a look at alt.support.diabetes and alt.support.diabetes.uk
if you don't already.

I already do, but thanks anyway. The best advice I can give to a new
diabetic is to talk to other diabetics. Which I do, some of them here in
the shed.

--
Bernard Peek

Guy King 26-08-2005 10:11 AM

The message
from Austin Shackles contains these words:

url:http://www.rathergood.com/spoonguard/

that's surreal.

I like "biscuits" from the main site navbar on the left.

I wish Flash (or Director, or whatever it is) things had a progress bar
so I could look at it and thing "Well, it's only about 30 seconds long,
it might improve" or "So this, it goes on for ages and aint' showing any
signs of getting better".