GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Global warming? "Evidence" from my garden? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/101593-global-warming-%22evidence%22-my-garden.html)

WaltA 23-08-2005 08:49 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:56:13 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
This is the Shed's annual charabangbangbangbang outing. Usually we go to
uk.rec.motorcycles for a touch of culture,

LOL !

but it seems there's been a
change of plan this year.

A plan ? u ca' thisum a plan, more of an aberration if yer arsks me.
perhaps even a virtual unreality.
Now where did I leave my pills,,, I used to be sane,
but I'm ok nooowwwuuuuuuu

WaltA 23-08-2005 09:03 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:56:13 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
miss tree within an enema, all behind a screen of red checky curtings.

shhh!
keep your ulgar enema variations to yourself
and no airing of yer G string neither, behave,
there are ladies about
erm I think ?

Ali Hopkins 23-08-2005 09:14 PM

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message

[*] As many authors have pointed out, the inside of ancient and
well-cluttered storage units, such as sheds and wardrobes, tends
to attach itself to other universes. Nobody knows why. This is
why things disappear and strange things appear in such units, and
accounts for the postings on uk.rec.sheds.

It's all down to wormholes in the space-time continuum, string theory,
quondam mechanics, pork pies, brown ale, tobacco tins and what's down
the back of (Bob's sofa.

You forgot reverse polarity of the neutron flow. Needs a hairdryer. (Points
to anyone who knows why....!)

Ali

Roger Hunt 23-08-2005 09:24 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Jaques d'Alltrades typed this :

Please explain then, why i can never find a teaspoon? I don't take sugar
in tea, cocoa, etc (and don't drink coughy) and use very little in
anything else. (Except when I'm winemolishing, in which case I tend to
hfr a shovel.)

ISTM that you can't find a teaspoon because you don't have any.
--
Roger Hunt

Kate Dicey 23-08-2005 10:50 PM

Krane wrote:

In article ,
says...

Sorry - I have been plagued with red bridal satin today.

Is that a devilishly original bride, or togs for some other member of
the party?

Five bridesmaids. Rather too many for my tastes, but not as bad as the
16 I did for a weeding last summer.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Jaques d'Alltrades 24-08-2005 08:40 AM

The message
from (WaltA) contains these words:

Met a fella just the other day, peering out of a shed, think he said
his name was Wells ? Didn't say when he was from.
Muttering he was, worried, something about his chum Pycraft I believe.

Doh!
That would have been better if I had not mistyped and instead typed
Pyecraft.

That must have been old P. Pyecraft we found down the back of (Bob's
sofa next July.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Jaques d'Alltrades 24-08-2005 08:43 AM

The message
from martin contains these words:
On 23 Aug 2005 12:55:39 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

Actually, I use the terms 'paraffin' and 'kerosene' as synonyms.
Both are abbreviations (for p. oil and k. oil) and the use of
paraffin in that sense predates the use of kerosene (by only a
few years, true).

I've got a Taylor Paraffin boat stove. The embossed brass plate on it
claims it is a "parrafin" stove. The original manufacturer denied it
was a typo.

Then the original manufacturer was wrong. Paraffin is a contraction of
'parum affinis' (little affinity) - little affinity, IIRC, with oil, and
applied originally just to the wax, but when other fractions of the wax
were made/discovered, this was applied to the whole chemical group.

Jamie Hart 24-08-2005 09:46 AM

"Ali Hopkins" wrote in
:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message k...
The message

[*] As many authors have pointed out, the inside of ancient and
well-cluttered storage units, such as sheds and wardrobes, tends
to attach itself to other universes. Nobody knows why. This is
why things disappear and strange things appear in such units, and
accounts for the postings on uk.rec.sheds.

It's all down to wormholes in the space-time continuum, string
theory, quondam mechanics, pork pies, brown ale, tobacco tins and
what's down the back of (Bob's sofa.

You forgot reverse polarity of the neutron flow. Needs a hairdryer.
(Points to anyone who knows why....!)

Ow! Stop that pointing, you could do someone an injury with that thing.

Dave Larrington 24-08-2005 10:23 AM

Also sprach Jaques d'Alltrades :
The message
from (Richard Bos) contains these words:

It also explains why the transitional imago stage between the
embyryonic paperclip and the adult coathanger is never seen - it
occurs in another fold. Ontological evidence suggests the "missing"
stage looks like a teaspoon, which accounts for where all the
teaspoons go.

No, we already know where teaspoons go. They migrate to cupboards
belonging to people like me, who don't take sugar in their tea.

Please explain then, why i can never find a teaspoon? I don't take
sugar in tea, cocoa, etc (and don't drink coughy) and use very little
in anything else. (Except when I'm winemolishing, in which case I
tend to hfr a shovel.)

There /is/ no spoon.

Pepperoni and green peppers, mushrooms, olives, chives!

Mike Jones 24-08-2005 10:34 AM

Kate Dicey wrote:

Five bridesmaids. Rather too many for my tastes, but not as bad as
the 16 I did for a weeding last summer.

IGMC, its the grey raincoat (as if you needed to ask)

Mike Jones 24-08-2005 10:36 AM

Dave Larrington wrote:
Also sprach Jaques d'Alltrades :
The message
from (Richard Bos) contains these words:

It also explains why the transitional imago stage between the
embyryonic paperclip and the adult coathanger is never seen - it
occurs in another fold. Ontological evidence suggests the "missing"
stage looks like a teaspoon, which accounts for where all the
teaspoons go.

No, we already know where teaspoons go. They migrate to cupboards
belonging to people like me, who don't take sugar in their tea.

Please explain then, why i can never find a teaspoon? I don't take
sugar in tea, cocoa, etc (and don't drink coughy) and use very little
in anything else. (Except when I'm winemolishing, in which case I
tend to hfr a shovel.)

There /is/ no spoon.

Whither spoon? (Oh look, half past opening time!)

Dave Larrington 24-08-2005 10:43 AM

Also sprach Mike Jones :
Dave Larrington wrote:
Also sprach Jaques d'Alltrades :
The message
from (Richard Bos) contains these words:

It also explains why the transitional imago stage between the
embyryonic paperclip and the adult coathanger is never seen - it
occurs in another fold. Ontological evidence suggests the
"missing" stage looks like a teaspoon, which accounts for where
all the teaspoons go.

No, we already know where teaspoons go. They migrate to cupboards
belonging to people like me, who don't take sugar in their tea.

Please explain then, why i can never find a teaspoon? I don't take
sugar in tea, cocoa, etc (and don't drink coughy) and use very
little in anything else. (Except when I'm winemolishing, in which
case I tend to hfr a shovel.)

There /is/ no spoon.

Whither spoon? (Oh look, half past opening time!)

Sounds like a case for...

url:
http://www.rathergood.com/spoonguard/

Dead journalists make excellent objets d'art.

Mike Jones 24-08-2005 10:44 AM

Mike Jones wrote:
Kate Dicey wrote:

Five bridesmaids. Rather too many for my tastes, but not as bad as
the 16 I did for a weeding last summer.

IGMC, its the grey raincoat (as if you needed to ask)

Sorry, being I was being satyrical.

Abezny service now resumes - did you know about
http://www.planarity.net/

Egbert Egret 24-08-2005 11:01 AM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:39:24 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

The message
from (Richard Bos) contains these words:

No, we already know where teaspoons go. They migrate to cupboards
belonging to people like me, who don't take sugar in their tea.

Please explain then, why i can never find a teaspoon? I don't take sugar
in tea, cocoa, etc (and don't drink coughy) and use very little in
anything else. (Except when I'm winemolishing, in which case I tend to
hfr a shovel.)

Then why do you need a teaspoon?
--
Paul Clark you.missed - umist to reply
Where there's hope there's disappointment.

Kate Dicey 24-08-2005 12:12 PM

Mike Jones wrote:

Kate Dicey wrote:

Five bridesmaids. Rather too many for my tastes, but not as bad as
the 16 I did for a weeding last summer.

IGMC, its the grey raincoat (as if you needed to ask)

Raincoats might have been appropriate. Weeding was Friday 13 August
(not West) last year. rained so hard I thought the duks were gonna move
into me hat brim... Tipped me head sideways when it got heavy, and a
coupla litres of water spilled out! I were galad I were wearing
sandals: the water just sloshed straight out of them. There are some
pix of the making on me wibble.