Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered User

Talking advice on staking

Hello

I have several plants that require staking but I'm not really sure how to do this. Should I buy a frame from a garden centre or merely use flower stakes or bamboo canes?

The plants I'm referring to a

Soldiers buttons (I don't know the proper name for this but it grows to about eight foot in one year and seems to flower from spring to autumn).

A Bottle Brush (Callistmon Citrius 'splenders')

Dianthus 'Claret Joy'.

Cornflowers (Centaurea Montana)

Sorry if these like a dumb basic questions but I've avoided staking because I don't seem to be very good at it. My cornflowers just looked ugly and bunched but if I don't stake them they flop on the ground and develop some kind of mould.

Grateful thanks to the person who can help.

Jackie

Advice needed for Staking a Tomato HelixStalwart Edible Gardening 9 26-10-2005 09:57 AM
Staking Orchids Shell Orchids 13 01-12-2003 09:42 PM
staking leaning tree question Mary Jo Lettieri Gardening 1 30-06-2003 02:20 PM
What's the opposite of staking? Adam Schwartz Gardening 10 14-05-2003 03:20 AM
What's the opposite of staking? = Espalier Cereoid-UR12 Gardening 1 12-05-2003 07:56 PM