Old 13-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Patrick E. King

Default Garden Vac Recommendations?

Earlier I mistakenly posted to free.uk.diy.home and was advised to post
here.
I'm trying to source a Qualcast Turbo Vac 1100W.
My next-door neighbour has one of these which I've used and was very pleased
with
it's performance.
He bought it some years back but cannot remember where he purchased from.
However, I cannot seem to find a supplier of this model.
Qualcast's site does not offer any garden vacs.??
I don't want to buy a more powerful one which will lift half my gravel along
with the leaves!
Any recommendations appreciated.
TIA
Regards
Patrick.

Old 13-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Pam Moore

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:56:21 +0100, "Patrick E. King"
wrote:

Earlier I mistakenly posted to free.uk.diy.home and was advised to post
here.
I'm trying to source a Qualcast Turbo Vac 1100W.
My next-door neighbour has one of these which I've used and was very pleased
with
it's performance.
He bought it some years back but cannot remember where he purchased from.
However, I cannot seem to find a supplier of this model.
Qualcast's site does not offer any garden vacs.??
I don't want to buy a more powerful one which will lift half my gravel along
with the leaves!
Any recommendations appreciated.

I bought one at Lidl last Thursday, for £34.99. It is still in its box
until I feel brave enough to unpack it. The box is huge!
They have probably sold out by now.
Did anyone else buy one?

Pam in Bristol
Old 25-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Patrick E. King

"Patrick E. King" wrote in message
Earlier I mistakenly posted to free.uk.diy.home and was advised to post
here.
I'm trying to source a Qualcast Turbo Vac 1100W.
My next-door neighbour has one of these which I've used and was very
pleased with
it's performance.
He bought it some years back but cannot remember where he purchased from.
However, I cannot seem to find a supplier of this model.
Qualcast's site does not offer any garden vacs.??
I don't want to buy a more powerful one which will lift half my gravel
along
with the leaves!
Any recommendations appreciated.
TIA
Regards
Patrick.

Just in case anybody is interested I ended up buying a Flymo 1600 Watt Vac
and it does the job perfectly without lifting any of my gravel.
I deliberately opted for the lower power model for this reason.
Also it is a relatively quiet-running machine.
Patrick.

Old 25-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Mike Lyle

Patrick E. King wrote:
[...]

I don't want to sound silly, but if you want a low-power machine to
lift leaves without disturbing the gravel, perhaps the one you use
for the house might be quite good enough. My 20-year-old Vax would
probably do the job pretty well. Or you could just wait for the
leaves to go away: they do that, you know...

The reason I take this attitude is that I disapprove of the present
commercial tendency to make people think they need more and more
machines to do simple, and often absolutely unnecessary, gardening
tasks. It's a simple hobby, for simple people: why anybody should
want to Hoover the garden is utterly beyond my understanding.

Leaf litter on the lawn will vanish in the course of mowing; the bits
you miss on flower beds will just add to the soil quality; and if a
few bits rot down on your gravel drive and make five cubic
millimetres of soil, well, next time you walk past, just pull out the
odd optimistic weed which may result. If that much bending sounds
like hard work, well, just run through with a Dutch hoe every three
or four years. Easy, and costs nothing.

Take it from me, the commercial gents are even now working on a way
of selling you a washing machine for the lawn. Do you want to be one
of the smart ones, or one of the suckers? Your choice.

--
Mike.

Old 25-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Mike Lyle

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:

Take it from me, the commercial gents are even now working on a

way
of selling you a washing machine for the lawn.

Maybe you'd like to be one of the first lucky buyers to trial the

new
Lawn Steam Iron? Produces a perfectly flat, smart hygienic lawn.
Kills all those nasty worms and insects. Clears snow like magic!

Janet

My Missis, ye know my Missis, I won't say she's houseproud, but when
I got oop 's mornin' (to go down 't dole office), she were ironin' 't
froont drive!

--
Mike.

Old 23-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick E. King View Post
Earlier I mistakenly posted to free.uk.diy.home and was advised to post
here.
I'm trying to source a Qualcast Turbo Vac 1100W.
My next-door neighbour has one of these which I've used and was very pleased
with
it's performance.
He bought it some years back but cannot remember where he purchased from.
However, I cannot seem to find a supplier of this model.
Qualcast's site does not offer any garden vacs.??
I don't want to buy a more powerful one which will lift half my gravel along
with the leaves!
Any recommendations appreciated.
TIA
Regards
Patrick.
Hi Patrick I have a Qualcast Yurbo Vac 1100 that I need to sell due to an upcoming move. Where I am going I will not have leaves to worry about. Are you interested and how can I contact you

Len

Garden vac and slate chippings Jim United Kingdom 3 13-09-2004 09:28 PM
Chipper/vac (Simplicity) recommendations?? TMC Lawns 0 06-05-2003 06:44 PM
Garden Vac Question Jim Donald United Kingdom 5 28-04-2003 04:32 PM
Garden Vac Question Jim Donald Lawns 0 22-04-2003 03:56 AM
Which garden vac to buy for a 73 year old? Rory United Kingdom 3 25-10-2002 06:30 PM