Old 16-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Mike

Default wrong seasons

You haven't looked at the urg webring photos, have you?
--
Sacha

What from 2002?

(Advert for deleted)

Old 16-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , Mike Lyle
writes
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In message , Welsh
Witch writes
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:53:14 +0000, cineman wrote:

Hi,
Talk about this year being odd. we have a cammelia just bursting
into flower lovely red.
I suppose it will take a year or so to get back into routine. We
also have passion flower still flowering away merrily, even

though
we had sufficient frost last night to darken the leaves of

Dahlias,
but left bedding begonias alone.
global warming here we come.
regards
Cineman
***********************
Experts...a frightening word!! There are so many experts all with
opposing views like
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11...ts_thickening/
***************************

What would be the opposing views here?

I'm a damned sight less frightened by experts than I am by
speed-reading amateurs! -- And the profiteers who do well out of
them. (See MRSA, MMR, etc etc.) And, of course, there's no inherent
contradiction in global warming causing some places to get cooler
than they used to be.

Never mind that increased snowfall and thicker icecaps can co-occur with
warmer temperatures.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 17-11-2005, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 17/11/05 15:57, in article ,
"martin" wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:04:52 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 16/11/05 15:51, in article
,
"martin" wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:32:10 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 16/11/05 14:37, in article
,
"martin" wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:48:10 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 16/11/05 12:16, in article
,
"Dave Poole" wrote:
snip
I'm sure you fertilise half your plants with steroids!

Maybe something to do with the way Dave activates his manure?

I wouldn't *dream* of enquiring. All I can say is that his manners when
scoffing our chocolate cake are absolutely impeccable. ;-)

LOL

Does he look like a body builder? :-)

You haven't looked at the urg webring photos, have you?

I don't know where to find them.
I did look at photos a long time ago when you used to have get
togethers.

I *think* the last was one we held here a couple of years ago but there
might have been another further 'up north'. I recall that a couple of Devon
people came to ours and so did the Larcombes, the Ransoms and the McCormacks
- remembering just off the top of my head. Quite apart from the Tresco one
I suggested, some time ago, I also suggested another here towards the end of
next summer, if people want to make a long w/e or something. It could be
combined with trips to Eden and Heligan and Rosemoor for those who want to
do that and there are a lot of NT properties with interesting gardens not
far from here e.g. Coleton Fishacre and Lanhydrock and Greenway.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 17-11-2005, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Well bless my soul.

I ask a question about the urg ring meets and the fact that there have not
been many for quite a while,

and

as if by magic

we start talking about them

:-))

And "I" am killfiled ......... not ;-)))

Just how two faced can the owners be ??????????????

101%

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 17/11/05 15:57, in article ,
"martin" wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:04:52 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 16/11/05 15:51, in article

,
"martin" wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:32:10 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 16/11/05 14:37, in article

,
"martin" wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:48:10 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 16/11/05 12:16, in article

,

Old 17-11-2005, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Mike wrote:
Well bless my soul.

I ask a question about the urg ring meets and the fact that there
have not been many for quite a while,

and

as if by magic

we start talking about them

:-))

And "I" am killfiled ......... not ;-)))

[...]

A glance at Google Groups reveals that it was Sacha who first
mentioned the subject, and that the replies appear to have followed
up to her message. I'm sure you know the words "solipsist" and
"monomania", even if you are a little shaky on punctuation.

M.L.