Old 27-11-2005, 07:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Delurk

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

I have found a Pete the Gardener posting in a couple of other
forums with

his
old tagline "A room without books is like a body without a soul"

I'll see if I can contact him and report back :~)
Oh, well done, Jenny. It's good to know he seems to be okay but
luring him
back would be even better!
Sacha

Looks like he's defected to GardenBanter !!!

Give the man some credit ! He hasn't.

What you're seeing on gardenbanter, is just more evidence of how
extensively that website has harvested the google/groups archives of
long-past urg discussions . IOW, PtG didn't post those on gardenbanter,
he posted them on urg years ago. The dates, and the "usenet poster" tag
on gardenbanter's kidnapped forums, make that plain.
Janet

Oh Good!!
I thought it was weird (obviously did not look closely enough at the dates etc!)
Jenny

Old 27-11-2005, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Dave Poole
writes
I suspect that Pete has far better things to do than wade through the
masses of cross-posted rubbish, internal warfare/personal attacks and
mail-bombs (or whatever the newsnet equiv. is) over the past few
months. It certainly ain't the URG I used to know. A lot of good
posters have long since left and sometimes, I look in only to be
convinced that the lunatics really have taken over the asylum! At the
moment all seems well, but the school holidays are not a long way off
and we all know what that means

We used to have a lot of good discussion here years ago. I tend to
remove any threads with cross-posts in them even though it sometimes
means missing something of interest.
--
June Hughes
Old 27-11-2005, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Padger

Thanks Bob for checking 'Bugle' out. Yes I believe it was Halliford area but
have not been over that way for some years now. Always a shame when
nurseries fall by the wayside.
BTW I still have my hydrangea plants that I got from Pete the Gardener at
the last meet at Kew which I attended. They're still going strong
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"capstan" wrote...after "JennyC" wrote after "Sacha" wrote after

"JennyC
wrote in reply to "Bob Hobden"
All we need now is "Pete the Gardener" to turn up again. :-)
Bob

yes!!
Anyone hear from him at all?
Jenny

Not for ages but ISTR that when he posted last he'd been ill? Or am I
misremembering?
Sacha

I have found a Pete the Gardener posting in a couple of other forums

with
his
old tagline "A room without books is like a body without a soul"

I'll see if I can contact him and report back :~)
Jenny

And who was it who used to post from an Oxford or maybe Cambridge
University dep't ? Don't remember seeing him/her for some time now.
capstan.

Yes, that's Nick Maclaren and he's still around.
Anton (from Essex) isn't though, and he was a tree expert.

--
Regards
Bob