Old 19-01-2006, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Flowers amongst my veggies

"Rupert" wrote in message

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rupert wrote:
You should not spread myths even if they come from your teachers.

And you should watch out Don because my patience with you will
eventually have it's limit and I just might turn around and bite your
lil' ass.

!PLONK!

Old 19-01-2006, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message .com
from "La Puce" contains these words:

But Janet let me be now, honesty leave me alone or you are going to
regret it.

It's unacceptable to threaten other usenet posters. Do ask someone to
explain your service provider's AUP.

Janet
Old 19-01-2006, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 19/1/06 16:51, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
If you're going to take material directly from someone else's work it's
considered polite to put quotes round it and make it clear what you're
doing. Which is probably why you never do so.

Do you know what time it was when I wrote last night?! Do you know that
I have a life, a lot of homework, a demanding full time job, kids, pets
etc. I am passionate about it all, but for the love of god JUST LEAVE
ME ALONE the PAIR OF YOU! Is it because I'm French I'm getting this?
Tell me, have you got a problem with foreeneers?

You're getting pulled up on bad behaviour and poor information because you
dish it out. You've just given someone rubbishy 'information' on how to
grow beans, for example, as Kay remarked. To suggest that it's because you
are French is simply ridiculous. As it is, I have two nieces who are
half-French and whose mother comes from Bordeaux where her stepfather owns a
rather wonderful wine chateau. I have French friends who live in St Malo
who will be visiting us later this month and I have been the guest at the
wedding of the son of one of them and a house guest of the other. I have a
standing invitation to stay at the St Malo and St Briac houses one couple
owns and to sail with them whenever the opportunity may arise. I started
learning French at the age of four in my Jersey school and I keep a French
dictionary by my bedside so as to refresh my memory from time to time. So
you're on a hiding to nothing trying to make me out to be a Francophobe.
And if you had been around this group long enough to learn anything about
its members, you would know that I am one of the first to welcome foreigners
who happen upon this group when, perhaps, others think their posts out of
place.

And no SACHA, YOU HAVEN''T INVENTED GARLIC! And I don't give a fig
about your husband! Why should I do?! What on earth are you on? Just go
away. Yes?

And again, you are obtuse in your answers as well as mendacious. I don't
recall claiming to have invented garlic and you repeatedly drag my husband
and his business (which is not mine and from which I derive no income,
having my own) into your playground attempts to insult me. As I said - this
is undoubtedly because you are jealous but it is particularly juvenile of
you. It is wrong of you to pass off the work or research of others as if it
were your own and to give advice on methods which you do not admit to not
having experienced for yourself. It is totally misleading to those asking
for help because you give the erroneous impression in your posts of knowing
what you're talking about, instead of explaining that you've simply recycled
someone else's work and have no personal experience in depth, of what you're
advising them on. Nobody else behaves like this on here - all of us give
attributions to the work of others - I even say when the advice I'm passing
on comes from my husband and not from me because I think it honest to do so!
And the rest of us pass on information we have read but not experienced,
with that caveat. It's the proper thing to do and it's the most honest way
to help others with their queries. I suggest you might try it.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 19-01-2006, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Snip

RHS course I am currently doing in
Northenden Manchester City College.

Well that says it all. You must remember that some of the contributors to
this group have qualifications that far exceed those of RHS (2) which is the
equivalent to GCSE/NVQ (NVQ= Not very qualified).
When and if you pass this exam you have permission to post your own thoughts
but beware of plagiarism.
You do not, however, have the rights to slag off and threaten other posters
who take you to task about your lack of knowledge .

Old 19-01-2006, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lettuce Pray

Thanks for the advice. Sorry to have started a war or re-opened old
wounds:-)
Jonny

Old 19-01-2006, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 19/1/06 20:25, in article , "Rupert"
wrote:

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Snip

RHS course I am currently doing in
Northenden Manchester City College.

Well that says it all. You must remember that some of the contributors to
this group have qualifications that far exceed those of RHS (2) which is the
equivalent to GCSE/NVQ (NVQ= Not very qualified).
When and if you pass this exam you have permission to post your own thoughts
but beware of plagiarism.
You do not, however, have the rights to slag off and threaten other posters
who take you to task about your lack of knowledge .

With respect, lack of knowledge isn't a problem with regard to posting here,
and I've never seen it held against anyone. But a pretence of knowledge
which misleads others is, IMO. And boasting about as yet un-won RHS qualis
is just silly, given both the experience and the qualis of some people here.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 20-01-2006, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Rupert wrote:
Well that says it all. You must remember that some of the contributors to
this group have qualifications that far exceed those of RHS (2) which is the
equivalent to GCSE/NVQ (NVQ= Not very qualified).
When and if you pass this exam you have permission to post your own thoughts
but beware of plagiarism.
You do not, however, have the rights to slag off and threaten other posters
who take you to task about your lack of knowledge .

I don't slag anybody but I was from day one slagged by Sacha and Janet
who are rude to the extreem. They have no qualifications either. You
have emailed me slagging of Janet and Sacha saying, and I quote "you
are telling them what many think". I don't boost about anything. They
consider me a troll and I feel I have to justify myself to them all the
time and by proving this I have to mention my course. It's tedious.
They have more experience than me, I know, but I am half their age. I
am very passionate about what I do. I work with people in organic
gardens and garden centres around my town. I grew up in the country in
the south of France. I'm not sure why these two witches are giving me
such a bad time but once again don't get involve Don.

So do give me a break and from now on I will totally ignore these two
and you as well. There, it's much easier that way.

Old 20-01-2006, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Lettuce Pray wrote:
Thanks for the advice. Sorry to have started a war or re-opened old
wounds:-)

Don't you worry.

Let us know, when you are ready, what 'potion' you're planning to do.
And do take care about the plant you use. Some are very poisonous. The
HDRA (Henry Doubleday Research Association) is a wonderful source of
plants, ideas and organic way of living. By becoming a member you are
also providing fund to interesting research and events )

Old 20-01-2006, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 20/1/06 11:29, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:

On 19/1/06 20:34, in article
, "Lettuce Pray"
wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Sorry to have started a war or re-opened old
wounds:-)
Jonny

Don't worry about it. What most people here are concerned about is that you
get the right advice from people who know what they're talking about.
That's why I recommend the book "Roses Love Garlic" by Louise Riotte. Of
course, there are two schools of thoughts about companion planting - those
who think it helps to attract beneficial insects which then get rid of the
nasties and those who think it attracts the nasties in the first place!
But I saw an interesting example of a sort of companion planting use in
France, down in the Lot. We were taken round a vineyard by the owners of
the gîte we were renting and at the end of each row of vines was a rosebush.
Apparently, if the rose got botrytis it showed up on its leaves before those
of the vine and gave them time to treat the vines accordingly, before any
damage was done to them.
Louise Riotte also wrote Carrots Love Tomatoes and both get good reviews on
Amazon which is selling them together for a 'knockdown' price!

Sorry to follow up my own post but I've just remembered books I used to have
by Maureen & Bridget Boland which might interest a few people on urg. I
can't do better than give the Amazon synopsis:
"Book Description
GARDENER¹S MAGIC AND OTHER OLD WIVES¹ LORE is the sequel to the much loved
OLD WIVES¹ LORE FOR GARDENERS. An essential companion for all gardeners,
with its practical advice and solutions for anyone interested in healing,
magic, and the ways of nature.

Among many other facts, you will discover the magical or healing properties
of certain herbs and other plants; natural ways of protecting the garden not
only against pests and other physical troubles, but against malevolent luck
as well; potions, remedies and precautions for lovers; the importance to
gardeners of the phases of the moon; protection against spells and other
evils * and with these a wealth of practical old wives¹ lore on such arcane
but vital subjects as weather forecasting by means of leeches. The book also
contains a sovereign remedy for starting a motor mower!

No one can fail to be charmed by GARDENER¹S MAGIC AND OTHER OLD WIVES¹ LORE,
a book to cheer the soul and restore the spirit of any gardener.

Synopsis
Gardener's Magic and Other Old Wives' Lore is the companion volume to the
much loved Old Wives' Lore for Gardeners. In it will be found, among much
else, the magical or healing properties of certain herbs and other plants;
natural ways of protecting the garden not only against pests and other
physical troubles and the importance to gardeners of the phases of the moon.
It is a book to warm the heart, cheer the soul and restore the spirit of any
gardener."

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 20-01-2006, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rupert wrote:
[...]

But you do and have slagged off and threatened people on this newsgroup. You
object to people accusing you of plagiarism and retaliate by being vicious
and irrational. Silly school girl plots to cause trouble do not wash and
just make you look foolish.

Old 20-01-2006, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message .com
from "La Puce" contains these words:

I don't have an employer and am the employer.

Maybe you should instruct one of the employees to update URBED's
website, where you're listed as a Personal Secretary.

Janet

Old 20-01-2006, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Maybe you should instruct one of the employees to update URBED's
website, where you're listed as a Personal Secretary.

LOL! Yes, I'm my husband's PA, the office manager, the account dept,
the publicity, the personnel officer ... and you've omitted to mention
all the other responsibilities that I have, including the website. We
built our organisation 11 years ago together from our attic. From 2
staff, we are now 16. We must be doing something right don't you think.
The website doesn't give you anything else I'm affraid because we are
all equals and in two months time we will become a cooperative, even
better.

I must go to bed now, I'm planting trees tomorrow with some kids and
digging a pit for soil testing. Some of us have a life beside praying
on others. You sad sad woman.

Old 21-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Registered User

Location: south west france

my god, this stuff is worse than the Archers!!!

But I'm so pleased I now know the real reason for the roses in the vineyards around here - thanks Sacha - , and I would also like to mention Bob Flowerdew's 'Complete Book of Companion Gardening' which I've found really useful.

jay jay
Dordogne
Old 21-01-2006, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message . com
from "La Puce" contains these words:

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Puce; "I don't have an employer and am the employer."

Maybe you should instruct one of the employees to update URBED's
website, where you're listed as a Personal Secretary.

LOL! Yes, I'm my husband's PA, the office manager, the account dept,
the publicity, the personnel officer ... and you've omitted to mention
all the other responsibilities that I have, including the website. We
built our organisation 11 years ago together from our attic.

No doubt you fabricate all sorts of fantasies in your attic.

URBED was formed in Covent Garden in 1976 when you were a child.
Your husband started working for URBED in 1990. According to its
website.

http://www.urbed.com/cgi-bin/main.cg... e&doc_id=179

Janet.

they are working by means of orange, amongst formal, at last coastal chancellors Courtney Ponds 0 14-11-2007 05:23 AM
Roots follow the lines of magnetism. (As well as towards moisture.[for the pedantic amongst you] ) David in Normandy United Kingdom 1 03-10-2006 05:32 PM
A plea to the Hymenopterists amongst you... BAC United Kingdom 9 20-05-2005 12:26 PM
fungus amongst us longshot Gardening 13 09-04-2005 01:32 AM
fungus amongst us Leon Trollski Roses 5 09-04-2005 01:32 AM