Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-03-2003, 07:44 AM
Ian B

Default Advice please Leylandii hedge / hawthorne part 2

OK I can see the consensus is don't plant a Leylandii hedge!!!
If I keep the Hawthorne (which doesn't look nice for a third of the year...
is there some form of ivy, creeper, evergreen, that I can plant amongst
it????
Any help would be appreciated
ian

I moved home last year and inherited a house with one side (50ft) lined

with
Hawthorne.
Obviously because of the growing seasons this hedge is "See through"

because
its not evergreen. Unfortunately this allows me to see into next door for

third of the year. Plus its not that attractive during this time!
I was thinking of removing it and planting Leylandii .
Leyandii possibly because its quick growing.
Its the only thing I can think of that will replace the hedge quickly.....
Or does anyone here have any better ideas????