Old 23-02-2006, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

Default Design Student- looking for help and advice

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
Too late. The shed on wheels was invented by gardeners centuries ago;
but we found that even if you can drag it up the back steps and it fits
through the back door, the wheeled shed tends to take up too much space
in the drawing room. So we sold the patent to shepherds, and later, to
British Rail.

Janet

I've seen some people take them on holiday with them, dragging them
behind cars.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 23-02-2006, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , Dave Poole
writes

When watering cyclamen late in the year, it had to be
Steeleye Span and gaudete - just to get into the Christmas spirit
like.

I played that once on a drive to somewhere or other as I forgot to take
my current 'listening book'.
Played it so often I almost knew the Latin words by heart, though I was
memorising them phonetically of course - just like I used to think
Donovan sang
"In the chilly isles of Mentiz" which I could never locate on the map.

Janet

Old 23-02-2006, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , Mike Lyle
writes

I doubt if the person who told you that was a gardener. It sounds more
like the attitude of somebody who is forced reluctantly to look after a
garden just because it's there -- for some, it's just another kind of
housework. A leisure footballer doesn't find it frustrating to have to
change in and out of his kit: it's part of the experience.

Quite!
God forbid anyone such as Dirmaud Gavin, would turn my garden into
"easily manageable"

Old 23-02-2006, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Grumach Macabre o' Auchterloonie

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
Too late. The shed on wheels was invented by gardeners centuries ago;
but we found that even if you can drag it up the back steps and it fits
through the back door, the wheeled shed tends to take up too much space
in the drawing room. So we sold the patent to shepherds, and later, to
British Rail.

I've seen some people take them on holiday with them, dragging them
behind cars.

Some people spoil their garden tools something rotten. Mine never get
taken on holiday.

I take my chopper everywhere. of course, i keep it well wrapped-up, it
wouldn't do to be arraigned for possessing an offensive weapon, would
it?

--
Gru'
"Gin a body meet a body..."
Old 24-02-2006, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

I think the OP must have this idea of gardeners wandering around their
acres with a small pair of secateurs, floppy hat, gentle radio music and
taking a few snips here and there to dead head and cut flowers that can
be put into the trug that is at the side of every plant lover

She could take a look at her local allotments to see what might actually
be going on in the back gardens of proper gardeners

Should she be able to design something to sort and hold all my spare
flower pots in ready accessible sorted order but allowing water and
stuff to run through them so they don't get all bits of leaves and stuff
stuck in them, now then I'd be interested....................

It's called a husband...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 24-02-2006, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
I think the OP must have this idea of gardeners wandering around their
acres with a small pair of secateurs, floppy hat, gentle radio music and
taking a few snips here and there to dead head and cut flowers that can
be put into the trug that is at the side of every plant lover

I didn't know you knew my friend Dianne :~))
Of course all the real work is done by the landscapers...........

She could take a look at her local allotments to see what might actually
be going on in the back gardens of proper gardeners

Should she be able to design something to sort and hold all my spare
flower pots in ready accessible sorted order but allowing water and
stuff to run through them so they don't get all bits of leaves and stuff
stuck in them, now then I'd be interested....................

Me too ~
Jenny

Old 24-02-2006, 05:54 PM posted to alt.troll,rec.ponds,alt.cracks,uk.rec.gardening
Ian Paul Freemanly

JennyC Stroked my keelbasa and whined:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
I think the OP must have this idea of gardeners wandering around their
acres with a small pair of secateurs, floppy hat, gentle radio music and
taking a few snips here and there to dead head and cut flowers that can
be put into the trug that is at the side of every plant lover

I didn't know you knew my friend Dianne :~))
Of course all the real work is done by the landscapers...........

She could take a look at her local allotments to see what might actually
be going on in the back gardens of proper gardeners

Should she be able to design something to sort and hold all my spare
flower pots in ready accessible sorted order but allowing water and
stuff to run through them so they don't get all bits of leaves and stuff
stuck in them, now then I'd be interested....................

Me too ~

Poast a pic of your tits and I'll build you one that will serve you
breakfast in bed and give you an orgasm at the same time.
Old 24-02-2006, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , Rusty Hinge
2 writes
Should she be able to design something to sort and hold all my spare
flower pots in ready accessible sorted order but allowing water and
stuff to run through them so they don't get all bits of leaves and stuff
stuck in them, now then I'd be interested....................

It's called a husband...

I'll have to return mine then, he appears to be faulty................
Janet
Old 25-02-2006, 12:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:
In article , Rusty Hinge
2 writes

Should she be able to design something to sort and hold all my spare
flower pots in ready accessible sorted order but allowing water and
stuff to run through them so they don't get all bits of leaves and stuff
stuck in them, now then I'd be interested....................

It's called a husband...

I'll have to return mine then, he appears to be faulty................

Have you tried oiling the moving parts?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 25-02-2006, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , Rusty Hinge
2 writes
Should she be able to design something to sort and hold all my spare
flower pots in ready accessible sorted order but allowing water and
stuff to run through them so they don't get all bits of leaves and stuff
stuck in them, now then I'd be interested....................

It's called a husband...

I'll have to return mine then, he appears to be faulty................

Have you tried oiling the moving parts?

There's not many!

Old 27-02-2006, 03:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:
In article , Rusty Hinge
2 writes
Should she be able to design something to sort and hold all my spare
flower pots in ready accessible sorted order but allowing water and
stuff to run through them so they don't get all bits of leaves
and stuff
stuck in them, now then I'd be interested....................

It's called a husband...

I'll have to return mine then, he appears to be faulty................

Have you tried oiling the moving parts?

There's not many!

Apologies - as someone informed me by emu...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig