Old 13-03-2006, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default *** UK.REC.GARDENING NEEDS YOUR HELP PLEASE! ***

UK.REC.GARDENING has suffered a low post count
for quite some time. If our daily count is not increased
our fine group will start to be dropped from popular servers.
Please post a message to our fine group. You may also
include UK.REC.GARDENING in the group line of all your messeges.

Thank you sincerely for your help,
Steve Ponder
Acting Moderator UK.REC.GARDENING
Old 13-03-2006, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Saxman

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:50:30 +0000, Sacha wrote:

It's probably one of the morons who is currently bombarding this newsgroup
with yet more nonsense posts. What a sad little life THEY must lead!

Do as I recommended previously. Install 40tude dialog. One can tell by
their length which postings are genuine.

Old 13-03-2006, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 13/3/06 18:18, in article , "michael

adams"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 13/3/06 17:46, in article
, "Bob
Hobden"
wrote:

snip
Must be a Hoax, this is an unmoderated newsgroup. Probably uses some

ISP
that doesn't like newsgroups instead of "news.individual.net" which we

both
use.

It's probably one of the morons who is currently bombarding this

newsgroup
with yet more nonsense posts.

On News.individual at least a load of posts appeared and were
then deleted within around ten minutes - a line appeared through
them in the message window.

Although it was still necessary to reset the group (in OE at least)
to get rid of them all.

I use Entourage which is the Mac version of OE, I believe. Please tell me
how to do that! Wanadoo is hopeless with this sort of thing. None of the
techies appear to know the first thing about newsgroups and freely admit
they aren't trained in any way to deal with newsgroup queries.

I'll use letters.

a) go to your main NewsReader window.

b) In the left hand pane, Right Click on the uk.rec.gardening
folder.

A menu should appear

c) Select [Properties]

d) Click on the [Local File] tab at the top of the dialogue box.

e) click on the [reset] button. Then close that box.

f) Then from the main menu along the top of the main Window, select [Tools]

g) And then select [ Get the next 300 (or whatever) Headers ]

michael adams

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
)

Old 13-03-2006, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 13/3/06 18:57, in article , "Bert
Hyman" wrote:

lid (Sacha) wrote in
id:

It's probably one of the morons who is currently bombarding this
newsgroup with yet more nonsense posts.

It is; look at the NNTP-Posting-Host: header.

I did. ;-(
--
Sacha