Old 19-05-2006, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Justin Thyme

Default problems with gardeningexpress.co.uk

Anyone had experience of buying from gardeningexpress.co.uk? I placed an
order 3 weeks ago and haven't received it. Their phone always has a
pre-recorded message and they are not responding to emails or contact
through their support system. Wondered if anyone else had similar problems.
Most disappointed in their service.

Old 19-05-2006, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Justin Thyme" wrote in message
Anyone had experience of buying from gardeningexpress.co.uk? I placed an
order 3 weeks ago and haven't received it. Their phone always has a
pre-recorded message and they are not responding to emails or contact
through their support system. Wondered if anyone else had similar
problems.
Most disappointed in their service.

I have not had any problems with them (yet). AFAIK they are a reputable
outfit.
Noticed that they say plants may be delayed due to planting season etc.
Which particular plants did you order.

Old 19-05-2006, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Justin Thyme

I have not had any problems with them (yet). AFAIK they are a reputable
outfit.
Noticed that they say plants may be delayed due to planting season etc.
Which particular plants did you order.

Main item was Phyllostachys shanghai which they had previously assured me

was in transit and should have been with them the day before I ordered. The
remainder was just a few salad potatoes and garlic. They had also assured
me that the order would be supplied complete.

Old 19-05-2006, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"Justin Thyme" wrote in message
Anyone had experience of buying from gardeningexpress.co.uk? I placed an
order 3 weeks ago and haven't received it. Their phone always has a
pre-recorded message and they are not responding to emails or contact
through their support system. Wondered if anyone else had similar

problems.
Most disappointed in their service.

Indeed they don't seem to be in the phone book on the BT website
either, with a non-800 number. I would be worried about that
and the fact they don't give a postal address. The "about us" page
is basically PR boloney, IMO. "Started in the late 1990's by a
teenager." I won't say any more as it may be actionable.
I doubt if thsoe glasshouses are theirs\his either.

Maybe someone will post with a good report of this firm,
and all this caution will be shown to be misplaced

The problem with some web based companies is that they
don't actually stock all the items shown on their website
but buy the stuff in on demand. This way they can produce
really impressive looking on-line catalogues without the
expense of actually holding any stock. Some of them - new
startups especially are quite possibly being run on a shoestring
by one or two people working part time. If they have trouble
with their suppliers, through ordering in dribs and drabs
perhaps, then you will too.

I find it's often easier to use a website to browse the
stock and then order over the telephone. This is often just
as quick - costs relatively little nowadays - and you know
you can deal with a real person if things go wrong. As well
as asking questions and obtaining any necessary assurances.
Certainly with an unknown supplier.

Whereas impressive looking websites can well be run on a
shoestring with very little resources behind them.

As a matter of interest, where did you learn about this firm ?

michael adams

Old 19-05-2006, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

michael adams writes

"Justin Thyme" wrote in message
Anyone had experience of buying from gardeningexpress.co.uk? I placed an
order 3 weeks ago and haven't received it. Their phone always has a
pre-recorded message and they are not responding to emails or contact
through their support system. Wondered if anyone else had similar

problems.
Most disappointed in their service.

Indeed they don't seem to be in the phone book on the BT website
either, with a non-800 number. I would be worried about that
and the fact they don't give a postal address.

From the website 'contact' page:

"Our full address and contact details a
Gardening Express
Bridge House
Bridge St
Writtle
CM1 3EX"

And they give the postcode at the bottom of every page - however, it is
a different postcode!

--
Kay
Old 19-05-2006, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"K" wrote in message
michael adams writes

"Justin Thyme" wrote in message
Anyone had experience of buying from gardeningexpress.co.uk? I placed

an
order 3 weeks ago and haven't received it. Their phone always has a
pre-recorded message and they are not responding to emails or contact
through their support system. Wondered if anyone else had similar

problems.
Most disappointed in their service.

Indeed they don't seem to be in the phone book on the BT website
either, with a non-800 number. I would be worried about that
and the fact they don't give a postal address.

From the website 'contact' page:

"Our full address and contact details a
Gardening Express
Bridge House
Bridge St
Writtle
CM1 3EX"

And they give the postcode at the bottom of every page - however, it is
a different postcode!

--
Kay

Oops!

On the 3rd floor no doubt.

michael adams

Old 07-06-2006, 07:17 PM
avc avc is offline
Registered User

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Thyme
Anyone had experience of buying from gardeningexpress.co.uk? I placed an
order 3 weeks ago and haven't received it. Their phone always has a
pre-recorded message and they are not responding to emails or contact
through their support system. Wondered if anyone else had similar problems.
Most disappointed in their service.
I am having trouble too, as are many who have posted on 'thehighstreet.com' site. I am composing a letter to my debit card company to ask them to claim back my money which was debited at speed from my account.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"avc" wrote in message

Justin Thyme Wrote:
Anyone had experience of buying from gardeningexpress.co.uk? I placed
an
order 3 weeks ago and haven't received it. Their phone always has a
pre-recorded message and they are not responding to emails or contact
through their support system. Wondered if anyone else had similar
problems.
Most disappointed in their service.

I am having trouble too, as are many who have posted on
'thehighstreet.com' site. I am composing a letter to my debit card
company to ask them to claim back my money which was debited at speed
from my account.

--
avc

They still appear to be in business. Where are the comments on
www.thehighstreet.com?

Old 08-06-2006, 12:38 PM
avc avc is offline
Registered User

Other customers have not received plants. Company has been reported to Trading Standards, Watchdog, other consumer programmes. I have been instructed to report them to Trading Standards by my Debit Card Co.
Type gardening express into google and scroll down to find the reviews.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"avc" wrote in message

Justin Thyme Wrote:
Anyone had experience of buying from gardeningexpress.co.uk? snip

I am having trouble too, as are many who have posted on
'thehighstreet.com' site.
avc

I can not find these comments nor can I find anything in Google.
Where are the comments on "thehighstreet"?
Are you making the whole thing up?
Please give us some links.

Old 15-06-2006, 11:15 PM
avc avc is offline
Registered User

sorry for not replying sooner.
When you type gardening express into google, scroll down to 6th title and you should read 'The UK High Street Reviews of Gardening Express' open this - there are more negative reports recently.