Old 13-07-2006, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan

Default swap

does anyone want the use of a luxury apartment in france (one and a half
hours drive from calais) as a swap for tidying up my garden 3 miles from the
apartment, nothing drastic i can show pictures of it, just weeding,hedge
trimming and a general spruce up and rubbish sorting, it could be an ongoing
thing every year if required, look at the websites below to see the area.

http://www.informationfrance.com/dis...hp?town_id=138

http://www.theotherside.co.uk/tm-her...wns/hesdin.htm

Old 13-07-2006, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete

Alan wrote:
does anyone want the use of a luxury apartment in france (one and a
half hours drive from calais) as a swap for tidying up my garden 3
miles from the apartment, nothing drastic i can show pictures of it,
just weeding,hedge trimming and a general spruce up and rubbish
sorting, it could be an ongoing thing every year if required, look at
the websites below to see the area.

http://www.informationfrance.com/dis...hp?town_id=138

http://www.theotherside.co.uk/tm-her...wns/hesdin.htm

If I had a passport.......................
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 13-07-2006, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 13/7/06 18:54, in article , "Alan"
wrote:

does anyone want the use of a luxury apartment in france (one and a half
hours drive from calais) as a swap for tidying up my garden 3 miles from the
apartment,

Mere vulgar curiosity but why can't you either a) do it yourself, b) get a
member of your family to do it for the same deal or c) pay a local to do it
for you while letting the apartment for good hard Euros if a and b aren't
feasible?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-07-2006, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan

wrote:

does anyone want the use of a luxury apartment in france (one and a half
hours drive from calais) as a swap for tidying up my garden 3 miles from
the
apartment,

Mere vulgar curiosity but why can't you either a) do it yourself, b) get a
member of your family to do it for the same deal or c) pay a local to do
it
for you while letting the apartment for good hard Euros if a and b aren't
feasible?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(email address on website)

i cannot as i am disabled and you are quite correct your curiosity is
vulgar, however if you have any constructive or sensible comments i would be
pleased to hear them

Old 14-07-2006, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

wrote:

does anyone want the use of a luxury apartment in france (one and a half
hours drive from calais) as a swap for tidying up my garden 3 miles from
the
apartment,

Mere vulgar curiosity but why can't you either a) do it yourself, b) get a
member of your family to do it for the same deal or c) pay a local to do
it
for you while letting the apartment for good hard Euros if a and b aren't
feasible?
--

i cannot as i am disabled and you are quite correct your curiosity is
vulgar, however if you have any constructive or sensible comments i would be
pleased to hear them

Try b and c or allowing someone else the use of the garden to grow flowers
or produce in return for giving a third of it to you when you're there. And
thank you for the compliment. I've always been a big believer in a healthy
dose of vulgarity. It beats curmudgeonly any day, IMO.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-07-2006, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Sacha wrote:
I've always been a big believer in a healthy
dose of vulgarity. It beats curmudgeonly any day, IMO.

I like that word 'curmudgeonly'. I can't say it properly though )

On the subject we're having difficulties with finding an accomodation
around St Ives from the 6th September till Sunday 10th. We've found a
beach cottage on the Riviere Towans inches away from Hayle beach and
it's perfect for dogs and kids but they haven't got back to us and I'm
off on leave in less than 2 weeks for 3 weeks. I wondered if you would
know someone around St Ives. We'd be happy to pay for the whole week
even though we cannot be there before the Wednesday 6th.

We don't want to camp because we need to look decent on the 7th and
part of the 8th as we're meeting with local authorities people and
various other guests as part of our work. Caravans don't take dogs ....
it's getting rather complicated.

ps. I've already received our tickets to see Macbeth at the Minack
theatre )

Old 14-07-2006, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 14/7/06 08:28, in article ,
"Alan" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 13/7/06 18:54, in article ,
"Alan"
wrote:

[...]

Did your dose of vulgarity ever extend to page 3 of the Sun or was your
modelling career more refined :-)

Old 14-07-2006, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 14/7/06 12:17, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:
snip

Did your dose of vulgarity ever extend to page 3 of the Sun or was your
modelling career more refined :-)

It was *exceedingly* refeened and at one time involved being the couture
model for Debenham & Freebody when it still existed. 'One' doesn't get much
more refeened than D&F's Gainsborough Room.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-07-2006, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 14/7/06 12:17, in article , "Rupert
(W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:
snip

Did your dose of vulgarity ever extend to page 3 of the Sun or was your
modelling career more refined :-)

It was *exceedingly* refeened and at one time involved being the couture
model for Debenham & Freebody when it still existed. 'One' doesn't get
much
more refeened than D&F's Gainsborough Room.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(email address on website)

Buga I was looking for some smut. It was the "Freebody" bit that got me on
the wrong track.

Old 14-07-2006, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 14/7/06 12:50, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 14/7/06 12:17, in article , "Rupert
(W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:
snip

Did your dose of vulgarity ever extend to page 3 of the Sun or was your
modelling career more refined :-)

It was *exceedingly* refeened and at one time involved being the couture
model for Debenham & Freebody when it still existed. 'One' doesn't get
much
more refeened than D&F's Gainsborough Room.
--

Buga I was looking for some smut. It was the "Freebody" bit that got me on
the wrong track.

Now Rupert, I feel QUITE sure that you are old enough to remember that shop
in its heyday!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk