Old 17-04-2003, 06:56 AM
Charlie

Default Cutting Leylandi

Oh no, we don't want them gone completely! We *couldn't* do that, as then
we would have no screen at all for a few years. They'll be fine at a height
of 7ft or so. The area they shade then will be minimal, the same area as a
6ft wall does. We don't really try to plant anything there as that's the
area the dogs seem to enjoy for various things! =D

Charlie.

"bnd777" wrote in message
Congratulations Charlie for recognising the difficulties these trees

create
.......you simply will not know the place when they are gone everything

will
be so glad of the light and the freedom of the root encroachment
Pile in the compost though after cos Leylandi double strip all nutrients
from the soil
"Charlie" wrote in message
"Essjay001" wrote in message
Thats a more complete story,.
Can't understand why you waited so long.

They've never bothered us till now! We've only over the last two eyars

or
so been more active in our garden and it's finally got to the point

where
damage is being done. Before they were fine, they just stopped the
occasional bottle whizzing over. The pubs been taken over by a nice

family
(who I hope to start working for) who are still noisy, but the don't

seem
attract the same sort of semi-violent-during-the-world-cup-season crowd!

Charlie.

---

---

Leylandi swampydrill Gardening 0 24-05-2007 09:15 PM
what plants will grow in leylandi soil? ambermeta United Kingdom 10 11-08-2004 09:59 AM
Leylandi Juco United Kingdom 9 28-06-2004 10:13 PM
in defense of leylandi hayley United Kingdom 7 16-04-2003 10:56 PM
Advice sought on employing tree surgeon to lop Leylandi Simon United Kingdom 1 18-03-2003 06:08 PM