Old 17-10-2006, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Defending the compost bin

"George.com" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

:-)) didn't worry me in the least but Kiwis don't like being

mixed up
with Aussies. Sort of like calling a Canadian an American, a

no-no,
but the reverse is acceptable.

damn right, calling a kiwi an aussie is an insult whereas calling an

aussie
a kiwi is a compliment. As a former prime minister of our, Sir Rob

Muldoon,
said 'kiwis moving to Australia raise the iq of both countries.

Poor old Piggy Muldoon was hardly known for his wit or his
intelligence. Probably the only halfway amusing thing he ever said
in his life, and even then for the amusement of his fellow countrymen
and at the risk of being offensive to his neighbours. But then what
can one expect from him.

Old 17-10-2006, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"George.com" wrote in
"Uncle Marvo" wrote in

message

Footrot Flats is New Zealand. Hope there are no Kiwi posters

here or
they'll throw rocks at you for mixing us up :-))

You're in the West Island?

we prefer the term 'Mouth Island'. We have the North Island, the

South
Island and the Mouth Island.

Now that IS offensive!

Old 17-10-2006, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

:-)) didn't worry me in the least but Kiwis don't like being

mixed up
with Aussies. Sort of like calling a Canadian an American, a

no-no,
but the reverse is acceptable.

I can never tell the difference between those two accents, so I just

wait to
see if there's an 'eh' at the end of the sentence. Then I know I'm

talking
to a Canadian. ;-))

If I need to mention it, I refer to them as Canadians. Canadians are
pleased to be recognised and Americans don't take offence. :-))

Old 18-10-2006, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"George.com" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

:-)) didn't worry me in the least but Kiwis don't like being

mixed up
with Aussies. Sort of like calling a Canadian an American, a

no-no,
but the reverse is acceptable.

damn right, calling a kiwi an aussie is an insult whereas calling an

aussie
a kiwi is a compliment. As a former prime minister of our, Sir Rob

Muldoon,
said 'kiwis moving to Australia raise the iq of both countries.

Poor old Piggy Muldoon was hardly known for his wit or his
intelligence. Probably the only halfway amusing thing he ever said
in his life, and even then for the amusement of his fellow countrymen
and at the risk of being offensive to his neighbours. But then what
can one expect from him.

he did make a comment after the under arm incident we thought appropriate.

rob

Old 18-10-2006, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"George.com" wrote in
"Uncle Marvo" wrote in

message

Footrot Flats is New Zealand. Hope there are no Kiwi posters

here or
they'll throw rocks at you for mixing us up :-))

You're in the West Island?

we prefer the term 'Mouth Island'. We have the North Island, the

South
Island and the Mouth Island.

Now that IS offensive!

it is probably meant to be, I saw it on a T-shirt.

rob

Old 18-10-2006, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On 17/10/06 05:21, in article

"Sacha" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

Footrot Flats is New Zealand. Hope there are no Kiwi posters here

or
they'll throw rocks at you for mixing us up :-))

Trust me to drop that particular brick! Sorry!

:-)) didn't worry me in the least but Kiwis don't like being mixed up
with Aussies. Sort of like calling a Canadian an American, a no-no,
but the reverse is acceptable.

I can never tell the difference between those two accents, so I just wait to
see if there's an 'eh' at the end of the sentence. Then I know I'm talking
to a Canadian. ;-))

And it's dead easy to tell an Aussie from a Kiwi: if you can understand
what he says, he's an Aussie.

Graffiti on bridge:
"Australia sucks!"
Then, added in a different hand:
"New Zealand nul"

--
Mike.

Old 19-10-2006, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"George.com" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

Poor old Piggy Muldoon was hardly known for his wit or his
intelligence. Probably the only halfway amusing thing he ever

said
in his life, and even then for the amusement of his fellow

countrymen
and at the risk of being offensive to his neighbours. But then

what
can one expect from him.

he did make a comment after the under arm incident we thought

appropriate.

Well the less said about that shameful incident the better IMHO.