Old 19-10-2006, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A great loss to urg

In message , Anne Jackson
writes

Well, I hope Sacha and Judith reconsider. I'm sure they're made of sterner
stuff; at least I would hope they are!

As they appear to have been swapping emails with each other and other
posters saying things about me behind my back, I really couldn't care
less whether they return or not. BTW - that information did not come
from Puce but from one of the posters involved.
--
June Hughes
Old 19-10-2006, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"michael adams" wrote in message

All these people who've signalled their intention to leave have
no doubt got plenty of friends on this NewsGroup, who will be happy
to email them I'm sure, once this present pestilence is past.

michael adams

Which they should have done a long time ago with their personal and private
kissy kissy messages instead of using this newsgroup as 'their' message
board and discuss property ownership overseas and visiting each other as a
couple of examples along with the continual advert 'for my husband's Garden
Centre' and lush Cream Teas. There was even a plug for the Tea Room and the
books therein a couple of days ago :-((

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 19-10-2006, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message
"michael adams" wrote in message

All these people who've signalled their intention to leave have
no doubt got plenty of friends on this NewsGroup, who will be happy
to email them I'm sure, once this present pestilence is past.

michael adams

Which they should have done a long time ago with their personal and
private kissy kissy messages instead of using this newsgroup as 'their'
message board and discuss property ownership overseas and visiting each
other as a couple of examples along with the continual advert 'for my
husband's Garden Centre' and lush Cream Teas. There was even a plug for
the Tea Room and the books therein a couple of days ago :-((

Mike

--
.................................................. ........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

And what about your advertisements for your 'shipmates' in every post, and
your boasts about you son in law's Rolls?
This is the first time I have EVER sent a rude message on the internet, but
I am using it to say that you are a nasty, spiteful little man. You have
never contributed anything about gardening, you just use this group to be
rude to people.

Old 19-10-2006, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

Like you, Mary, I haven't been following that thread. In fact, I've been
too busy in the garden to read the group for some time! (Marvellous
weather for this time of year, isn't it!)

Until today :-(

Although I've had little interaction with Judith, and never did see
eye-to-eye with Sacha, I am nevertheless disturbed to hear that they
have been driven off by one particular poster.... Me, I would have
stayed and slugged it out, but then a good old cat fight never put me
either up or down!

Well, I'd have ignored them - I find that silence is a great put-down :-) In
the distant past Sacha had a spat with me but I let her have the last word
and once that's happened there's nothing more to say, is there?

... I don't think creating another
NG would help, TBH.

I said it without enough thought, my idea was that a new one would enable
the hurt ones to come back with dignity but that we could all start from
scratch and deny offensive posters from our individual screens. On
reflection it's a bit OTT, I think, if people want them back enough they'll
mail them to say so.

Well, I hope Sacha and Judith reconsider. I'm sure they're made of
sterner
stuff; at least I would hope they are!

It's up to them. I suspect that they might be glancing in from time to time
:-)

Mary

Old 19-10-2006, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"FairySnow" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

"FairySnow"

A nice new poster :-))

I wonder who you are, popping up in a 'new' disguise????

Hubbard come back already?

:-))

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 19-10-2006, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Anne Jackson
writes

Well, I hope Sacha and Judith reconsider. I'm sure they're made of
sterner
stuff; at least I would hope they are!

As they appear to have been swapping emails with each other and other
posters saying things about me behind my back, I really couldn't care less
whether they return or not.

Yes, people should be very careful in this as well as in real life.

On sharing secrets: Thy friend has a friend, thy friend's friend has a
friend ...

Mary
--
June Hughes

Old 19-10-2006, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

The leaving of both Sacha (with Ray in the background too) and Judith will
be a great loss to URG and internet gardening in general, and now Dave
Poole intimates he is going too. How many more experienced and
knowledgeable gardeners are to be driven out, sad day, very sad day.

Well, as a very wise man once said to me, on his resignation, "Mary, the
graveyards are full of indispensable people ... "

Mary

Old 19-10-2006, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message
"FairySnow" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

I have been reading this group for six months and I have learned a lot from
Sacha and Judith. I have learned nothing at all from you except how rude and
spiteful you are. If you know anything about gardening you certainly haven't
shown it or helped anyone. You accused Sacha of advertising and showing off,
but that is exactly what you do with every post and you failed to deny it
because you can't.
I will look at this group again in a few weeks to see if it has improved,
but until then you will not hear from me again. You really are a nasty,
nasty piece of work. I expect you are cruel to animals too.

Old 19-10-2006, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 18, 6:45 pm, "Chris S"
wrote:
JanetSome of us make extensive use of killfiles and are therefore unaware of the

aggro - I have no desire to read the nonsense spouted by people whose
opinion means nothing to me. If you killfile someone who then insults you,
the magic thing is you don't know or care. I value Sacha and Janet's
gardening comments.
Chris S

I hadn't read that file, and still haven't, but I feel that URG has
lost two of it's most valuable contributors. I have always felt that
they were very free with their help and advice, and yes they didn't
suffer fools gladly, but then again who does.

Mike (nothing to do with the navy)

Old 19-10-2006, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Klara" wrote in message
In message , JennyC
writes

"Anne Jackson" wrote
Well, I hope Sacha and Judith reconsider. I'm sure they're made of
sterner
stuff; at least I would hope they are!
AnneJ

Seconded :~)
Jenny

Ditto.

Trust me on this one. They'll be back.

I have NEVER known anyone say they are leaving a newsgroup and then not
return.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they have already read this.
--
Brian

Old 19-10-2006, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

I have NEVER known anyone say they are leaving a newsgroup and then not
return.

I have done :-)

Mary

Old 19-10-2006, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Brian Watson
writes

"Klara" wrote in message
In message , JennyC
writes

"Anne Jackson" wrote
Well, I hope Sacha and Judith reconsider. I'm sure they're made of
sterner
stuff; at least I would hope they are!
AnneJ

Seconded :~)
Jenny

Ditto.

Trust me on this one. They'll be back.

I have NEVER known anyone say they are leaving a newsgroup and then not
return.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they have already read this.

Sacha is back already.
--
June Hughes
Old 19-10-2006, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

I have NEVER known anyone say they are leaving a newsgroup and then not
return.

I have done :-)

So have I but not this one.
--
June Hughes
Old 19-10-2006, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Alan Holmes wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

unless we start another ng and all of us carefully screen out who
we read and answer.

Which is what Hubbard always wanted, a newsgroup 'of her own'. She
felt that as she had been here from the year 'dot' and had lessons
from Adam, THIS was her newsgroup.

WRONG

How the hell can I killfile this idiot, I can't just put stop Mike,
cos there is another Mike who contributes to nesgroups, who seems to
be more sensible.

Alan

You've ended up in my killfile more than once, given that you often reply to
crossposters, making matters even worse.

Old 19-10-2006, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:55:07 +0100, "Brian Watson"
wrote:

Well, I hope Sacha and Judith reconsider. I'm sure they're made of
sterner
stuff; at least I would hope they are!
AnneJ

Seconded :~)
Jenny

Ditto.

Trust me on this one. They'll be back.

I have NEVER known anyone say they are leaving a newsgroup and then not
return.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they have already read this.

They're pouring over every post and every nuance in every post and
ready to pounce. The ruling classes don't take kindly to the rise of
the unwashed, you know. This may be a news group to you, but to some
it's a case of inherited feudal rights not to be lightly given up. You
would not like to be on the domestic staffs of certain Houses this
bleak night with the dark Mistresses prowling and plotting in the dank
corridors.

--
Dementor

You are not alone