Old 22-10-2006, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default A great loss to urg

Farm1 writes
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Well it would seem I have, finally, succeded in killing Nasty Mike,

but I
haven't seen any posts from Nice Mike, so I have yet to see whether

that has
happened!

I saw a post from Nice Mike after I killfiled Nasty Naval Mike but I
haven't seen a new post from Nice Mike since then. Perhaps Nice Mike
is off at the pub or in his garden.

I have a suspicion that one of the Mikes may have changed his posting
address again.
--
Kay
Old 22-10-2006, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 15:40:11 +0100, K wrote:

Farm1 writes
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Well it would seem I have, finally, succeded in killing Nasty Mike,

but I
haven't seen any posts from Nice Mike, so I have yet to see whether

that has
happened!

I saw a post from Nice Mike after I killfiled Nasty Naval Mike but I
haven't seen a new post from Nice Mike since then. Perhaps Nice Mike
is off at the pub or in his garden.

I have a suspicion that one of the Mikes may have changed his posting
address again.

The dastardly shape-shifting swine!

D. Mentor.
Old 23-10-2006, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
, Farm1
writes

I'm with you now but I do think that's a bit of a fine distinction.
The only similarities in the addys of the 2 Mikes was a "not@" One
word and a symbol doesn't rate as being much of a similarity IMHO.

Sorry, I couldn't understand why the original poster said if he killed
one mike he would kill the other as well!

I assumed his software couldn't make a distinction between the two
Mikes

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 23-10-2006, 05:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dementor" wrote in message
wrote:

I have a suspicion that one of the Mikes may have changed his

posting
address again.

The dastardly shape-shifting swine!

:-)) that description depends on which Mike it is who has changed his
addy.

Old 23-10-2006, 05:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Farm1 writes

I'm with you now but I do think that's a bit of a fine distinction.
The only similarities in the addys of the 2 Mikes was a "not@" One
word and a symbol doesn't rate as being much of a similarity IMHO.

Sorry, I couldn't understand why the original poster said if he

killed
one mike he would kill the other as well!

I suspect that Alan is still learning how to drive his machine and
needed a bit of hand holding to figure it out. My apologies to Alan
if I am wrong in this assumption but I can certainly understand if he
is. It took me ages to learn even the basics.

I assumed his software couldn't make a distinction between the two
Mikes

I suspect that Alan hadn't done a lot of killfiling and so was not
sure of the situation of names vs addys.

Old 25-10-2006, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message
Farm1 writes
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Well it would seem I have, finally, succeded in killing Nasty Mike,

but I
haven't seen any posts from Nice Mike, so I have yet to see whether

that has
happened!

I saw a post from Nice Mike after I killfiled Nasty Naval Mike but I
haven't seen a new post from Nice Mike since then. Perhaps Nice Mike
is off at the pub or in his garden.

I have a suspicion that one of the Mikes may have changed his posting
address again.

The nasty Mike did, but I've killfiled that address as well!

Alan

--
Kay

Old 25-10-2006, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article ,
Farm1 writes

I'm with you now but I do think that's a bit of a fine distinction.
The only similarities in the addys of the 2 Mikes was a "not@" One
word and a symbol doesn't rate as being much of a similarity IMHO.

Sorry, I couldn't understand why the original poster said if he killed one
mike he would kill the other as well!

I assumed his software couldn't make a distinction between the two Mikes

Usually I killfile people on the name they use, in this case it was 'Mike'!

So if I did that, all Mike's wold be killfilled!

Alan

Janet

Old 08-03-2007, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:10:37 +0100, Sally Thompson
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:56:18 +0100, Martin wrote
(in article ):

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:47:02 +0100, Sally Thompson
wrote:

snip

I only wish there was a moderated urg.

Use a kill file and do your own moderating.

Don't worry, I usually dog. One of the reasons of course why some of us do
not usually respond to bad vibes.

You just did!
--

Avoid the rush at the last judgement. Be converted now instead!

Disclaimer

Pete has taken all reasonable care to ensure that pages published by him
were accurate on the date of publication or last modification.
Other pages which may be linked or which Pete may have published are in
a personal capacity. Pete takes no responsibility for the consequences
of error or for any loss or damage suffered by users of any of the information
published on any of these pages, and such information does not form any
basis of a contract with readers or users of it.

It is in the nature of Usenet & Web sites, that much of the information is
experimental or constantly changing, that information published may
be for test purposes only, may be out of date, or may be the personal
opinion of the author.
Readers should verify information gained from the Web/Usenet with the appropriate
authorities before relying on it.

Should you no longer wish to read this material or content, please use your
newsreaders kill filter.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:47:02 +0100, Sally Thompson
wrote:

Top Posting corrected

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:52:18 +0100, Mike wrote
(in article ):

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

I am extremely sorry to read in the raspberries thread that two of its
most longterm contributors, Judith Lea and Sacha Hubbard have left urg
because they are no longer prepared to tolerate the appalling level of
lies, abuse, and threats made against them.

Those who stood by and said nothing should be ashamed, particularly
those who counted both as friends in real life, or have been the
recipients of their legendary generosity with plants, time and
hospitality.

So you will now start uk.rec.gardening.moderated and you would have won. The
gardening newsgroup of your own :-))

Isn't that what you always wanted?

As opposed to the one you obviously want (or deserve), which is
uk.rec.gardening.spiteful.sour.grapes.

I only wish there was a moderated urg.

Go and start one yourself. See if anyone actually cares for your net
nanny view on life! If you cant put up, shut up with your snidey
comments.It hardly does the B&B image much good does it?

Imagine if someone you were so keen on upsetting, decided to pop in?

Old 08-03-2007, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete (.¿.)" responded to an ancient message
written on
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:10:37 +0100, Sally Thompson

Do you want some help on how to get the latest messages on your news prog?

Old 08-03-2007, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 13:05:26 +0000, FarmI wrote
(in article ):

"Pete (.¿.)" responded to an ancient message
written on
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:10:37 +0100, Sally Thompson

Do you want some help on how to get the latest messages on your news prog?

Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 08-03-2007, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

"Pete (.¿.)" responded to an ancient message
written on
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:10:37 +0100, Sally Thompson

Do you want some help on how to get the latest messages on your news prog?

But part of the content of the old message (Sacha deciding to discontinue
posting on urg) is quite relevant, is it not, since she's very recently done
just that?