Old 20-10-2006, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default la puce and Judith

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"June Hughes" wrote in message
Stan The Man writes
June wrote:

I am unsure as to the ins
and outs of the laws of libel regarding email but am very unhappy

about
what appear to be several people - mainly ladies - with too much

time on
their hands writing derogatory things about me behind my back.

That is
not what urg is about. If I find out the contents of these emails

shall vigorously pursue whatever legal course of action is

available to
me if they are in any way libellous, which if the person advising

me of
them is correct, I think they may be.

It is certainly possible to sue for e-mail libel (Norwich Union

were
famously fined £450,000 a few years ago because an employee

libelled a
competitor in an e-mail) -- but your adviser should be ditched if
he/she is telling you to go ahead and sue. The cost of bringing a

libel
case would be huge and you have no guarantee of success, or that

the
defendant can afford to pay your costs, let alone the damages

(small as
they would be unless you are Norwich Union).

Thank-you. As I only have copies of two emails from Judith to Sacha

at
present, I really don't think that is enough.

Get a grip! E-mails are notoriously easy to fake!

Not only emails, I have been accused of making nasty posts, which I was not
aware of until virgin wrote to me telling me not to post things like that.

I'm still waiting for them to tell me what these posts were!

Alan

Old 20-10-2006, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:50:42 +0100, June Hughes
wrote:

In message , Mike
writes

I don't post with the aim of making money.

I am retired and do this as a hobby which actually COSTS me money, but I
do
give others pleasure when they find their old friends and shipmates AND,
now, because I am involved with the RAF (ask Hubbard all about that. She
has
it wrong but to her that is of no consequence), I am giving them the
chance
to find those they served with as well.

Now if you see that as something wrong. I feel very very sorry for you.

If you live in Eastbourne, watch your local press to see how I stand up
for
the ex Service people.

Making money? I already pay tax on my pension so do not wish to 'make
more'. Ask Hubbard why she posts with her Market Garden advert is in her
sig
time after time after time after time after time etc etc etc

The same reason that Mike posts all over the place. So that he can
advertise the services he provides to tired sailors.

Well this is one 'tired' ex-sailor who will not every have anyting to do
with him, at least not until he grows up!

I thought the charter said you can post your website, business email
address etc in your sig.? I know Sacha has been nasty to me lately but
am sure that in this case, she has done nothing wrong. I remember many
years ago Sacha having the Garden Pharmacy in her sig but that is
different and was a long time ago. Just like when Puce claimed to be a
company director and turned out to be just that.

You can put whatever you want in a sig. irrespective of charter. It
is the usenet equivalent of a business card.

I wonder what I could put in mine, I did have something a while back but I
got tired of it.

Alan

--

Martin

Old 20-10-2006, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from Nemo contains these words:

Sacha advertises.

As she is permitted to do, according to the group charter.

She also contributes to the common weal.

What is your reason for being here, apart from stirring
as much shit as you possibly can?

As an ex sailor, he is aware of the saying that sailors have, known as the
three B's, Bullshit Baffles Brains, and that is what he is trying to do!

Alan

--
AnneJ
(If you don't like it, you can Foscar Oxtrot)

Old 20-10-2006, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message
"Nemo" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:55:47 +0100, Anne Jackson
wrote:

The message from Nemo contains these words:

Sacha advertises.

As she is permitted to do, according to the group charter.

She also contributes to the common weal.

A very debatable proposition, Cat-fights centre around her, she
doesn't like competition or dissent.

What is your reason for being here, apart from stirring
as much shit as you possibly can?

This little cat-club doesn't need any of my help to stir the shit.
There's enough shit stirred, enough shit talked and enough arses
licked here without my help.

Have to agree. There is always aggression in this newsgroup and it is
nearly always centred on Hubbard.

You are, as usual, quite wrong, a lot of the aggression is posted by you,
you bring the navy into disrespect.

She feels free to call me a liar whenever the
fancy takes her without any evidence whatsoever and anyone posting via
Garden Banter has the Plague.

And what sensiblke has come from anyone posting via Garden Banter?

If this newsgroup is now allowed to settle down and she does not return,
then gardening matters can be discussed.

Which is something you NEVER EVER do, discuss gardening that is.

Newcomers to gardening can come in
here without the 'That subject has been done to death. Why can't people
read the FAQ's before jumping in here? It's not good enough, people use
this site as if it is an information site without them doing any work'

So that is why you use it?

You see if I am not right ......... again. If she returns, so will
aggression and 'ownership'

The only person, so far, who has tried to 'own' this newsgroup is you, so,
please, so that others can ask questions and get sensible answers, why don't
you just FOAD?

Alan ex FAA and member of the RNARS.

Old 21-10-2006, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 21:42:07 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

snip

Not only emails, I have been accused of making nasty posts, which I was

not
aware of until virgin wrote to me telling me not to post things like

that.

I'm still waiting for them to tell me what these posts were!

Someone used your name & e-mail address to post nasty stuff to other
newsgroups some months ago.

You mean all those posts which exhorted other posters to 'FOAD' were
forgeries?

Old 21-10-2006, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Alan Holmes" contains these
words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from Nemo contains these words:

Sacha advertises.

As she is permitted to do, according to the group charter.

She also contributes to the common weal.

What is your reason for being here, apart from stirring
as much shit as you possibly can?

As an ex sailor, he is aware of the saying that sailors have, known as
the
three B's, Bullshit Baffles Brains, and that is what he is trying to do!

I thought the 3 Bs were 'Beer, Baccy and Bum (ANY Bum!)?

Ooooh, that is naughty!

He might be better employed doing something useful with his time, instead
of hanging around here like a bad smell. He's bound to know by now that
he's about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit....

Absolutely, but will he take the message?

Alan

--
AnneJ
(If you don't like it, you can Foscar Oxtrot)

Dendrobium Judith - Dendrobium Judith-a.jpg joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 1 11-03-2013 01:42 PM
La Puce Space United Kingdom 5 27-03-2006 10:18 PM
Saca "stalking" Puce (was Looking for Ways to Annoy the Neighbors) Sheldon Harper United Kingdom 0 07-03-2006 04:37 PM
Puce Again (was Looking for Ways to Annoy the Neighbors) Sheldon Harper United Kingdom 0 07-03-2006 04:11 PM
Re raised bed Jenny Le Puce & Mike prof United Kingdom 11 05-01-2006 02:01 PM