Old 22-11-2006, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default what is an allottment?

In message , JennyC
writes

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

JennyC wrote:
These are fun too :~))
The Sheds of Murmansk: http://tinyurl.com/vkyn5

#... what's he building in there ...#

#.......He has subscriptions to those Magazines......#

I thought the reference was to Tom Waits?
--
June Hughes
Old 22-11-2006, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

JennyC wrote:
#... what's he building in there ...#

#.......He has subscriptions to those Magazines......#

))

#... I'll tell you one thing, he's not building a playhouse for the
children...#

Old 22-11-2006, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

June Hughes wrote:

#.......He has subscriptions to those Magazines......#

I thought the reference was to Tom Waits?

Yes, from Mules Variations. Jenny got it right! #.... he has
subscriptions to those magazines .... never waves when he goes by, he's
hiding something from the rest of us, he's all to himself, I think I
know why ... he took down the tire swing from the Peppertree, he has no
children of his own you see ... he has no dog, he has no friends and
his lawn is dying ....#

TW Fan

Old 22-11-2006, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
A Mediterranean garden with frogs and a beach, darling. I'm in grease, darling.

LOL! You're going to give me nightmares if you continue ...! Talking of
frogs, last night my dog (the blond one) kept barking at a corner of
our front garden. I thought it was a hedgehog but went to have a look.
I found a pile of frogs. A pile!! Must have been 10 in there, all on
top of each others, very much alive. They looked really cold. Never
seen this before. So I gathered lots of leaves in the hope they'll make
themselves a lil' nest for winter ... unless they were rehearsing for a
frog pyramid show ... ;o)

Old 22-11-2006, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"George.com" wrote in message

Lez Pawl wrote:

its where you go for peace and quiet and not to get nagged at where you

can
sit in a shed and drink beer with other allotmentors.

I like that answer, if it wasn't so true it would be funny. I reckon thats
exactly what my Uncle needs (and maybe me shortly if my wife discovers
this
post).
rob

The above is available in virtual form at uk.rec.sheds :~))))
You might want to check out this first though:
http://www.uk-rec-sheds.org.uk/
You will need an old cardigan.............
Jenny

Old 22-11-2006, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
Did you watch Digging Deep last night?

No. I was mostly scrapping wall paper from my dinning room walls.
Seriously I was.

Weren't they mating?

Don't know. Didn't ask.

Old 22-11-2006, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message

Lez Pawl wrote:

its where you go for peace and quiet and not to get nagged at where

you
can
sit in a shed and drink beer with other allotmentors.

I like that answer, if it wasn't so true it would be funny. I reckon

thats
exactly what my Uncle needs (and maybe me shortly if my wife discovers
this
post).
rob

The above is available in virtual form at uk.rec.sheds :~))))
You might want to check out this first though:
http://www.uk-rec-sheds.org.uk/
You will need an old cardigan.............
Jenny

yup, got one of those. For use in the garden and walking the dogs.

rob

Old 22-11-2006, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

JennyC wrote:
These are fun too :~))
The Sheds of Murmansk: http://tinyurl.com/vkyn5

#... what's he building in there ...#

#.......He has subscriptions to those Magazines......#

(innocently) and what Magazines are those? (innocently)

Alan

"~) Jenny

Old 22-11-2006, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , JennyC
writes

"La Puce" wrote in message
roups.com...

JennyC wrote:
These are fun too :~))
The Sheds of Murmansk: http://tinyurl.com/vkyn5

#... what's he building in there ...#

#.......He has subscriptions to those Magazines......#

I thought the reference was to Tom Waits?

What is he waiting for?

Alan

--
June Hughes

Old 23-11-2006, 07:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

Martin wrote:
On 21 Nov 2006 03:53:16 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:

Martin wrote:
The Dutch put up sheds on their allotments and use them as summer houses.

In Danmark too - I've got lots of pictures of fantastic 'shed', houses
really, which I took in September, on huge allotment sites but there's
not a lot of place for growing stuff ;o)

The Dutch propagate and grow kids on their allotments.
Subsidies on solar panel kits were terminated when it was found most kits were
used to charge batteries to run the fridge to keep the beer cool in the
allotment shed.

This discussion ought to be continued over the fence.

I like the idea of a solar fridge in any case, it seems to cock a snook
at the natural order of things in a very sheddi way.