Old 22-12-2006, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Happy Christmas

Looking out of the window, I can't see the end of the garden, the fog is so
terrible. I hope that everyone who is going away for Christmas travels
safely and on time and that all urglers have a very happy Christmas and a
wonderful new year.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 22-12-2006, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
: Looking out of the window, I can't see the end of the garden, the fog
: is so terrible. I hope that everyone who is going away for Christmas
: travels safely and on time and that all urglers have a very happy
: Christmas and a wonderful new year.

Same to you. Another fine, sunny day in Plymouth

Old 22-12-2006, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

Looking out of the window, I can't see the end of the garden, the fog is so
terrible. I hope that everyone who is going away for Christmas travels
safely and on time and that all urglers have a very happy Christmas and a
wonderful new year.
--
Sacha

And the same to you Sacha - I am in France, it took me 2 days to get
here, I only arrived late last night and I left Norwich at 0700 on
Wednesday morning. I ended up staying a night at Ashford International
Hotel, everything went wrong because of the weather but I am here and I
am just going off to Clermont Ferrand to do some shopping.

The garden looks very bleak and grey but I can see one solitary rose
blooming, amazing, as it is well below freezing. I will take a look
later to see if any bulbs are pushing up. I wish everyone a Happy
Christmas and a Healthy and contented New Year.

Judith Lea - in France

Old 22-12-2006, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote in message
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Looking out of the window, I can't see the end of the garden, the fog is
so
terrible. I hope that everyone who is going away for Christmas travels
safely and on time and that all urglers have a very happy Christmas and a
wonderful new year.

Yes, Happy Christmas and Best Wishes for 2007 to all urglers.

Jennifer - in cold foggy Bristol

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Mike
In a dry, cold but 'sun trying to shine' Isle of Wight.

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 22-12-2006, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
Looking out of the window, I can't see the end of the garden, the fog is
so
terrible. I hope that everyone who is going away for Christmas travels
safely and on time and that all urglers have a very happy Christmas and a
wonderful new year.

Me too, I hope you all have a lovely Xmas and a happy new year.

Alan

Old 22-12-2006, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message om, judith
lea writes

And the same to you Sacha - I am in France, it took me 2 days to get
here, I only arrived late last night and I left Norwich at 0700 on
Wednesday morning. I ended up staying a night at Ashford International
Hotel, everything went wrong because of the weather but I am here and I
am just going off to Clermont Ferrand to do some shopping.

The garden looks very bleak and grey but I can see one solitary rose
blooming, amazing, as it is well below freezing. I will take a look
later to see if any bulbs are pushing up. I wish everyone a Happy
Christmas and a Healthy and contented New Year.

All the very best wishes to you too, Judith and all on urg.
--
June Hughes
Old 22-12-2006, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
Looking out of the window, I can't see the end of the garden, the fog
is so terrible. I hope that everyone who is going away for Christmas
travels safely and on time and that all urglers have a very happy
Christmas and a wonderful new year.

And a very Happy Christmas and New Year from me also.

Our rear fence is just about visible through the foggy blanket. I hope
it lifts a little soon as my son will be driving up from Hampshire this
weekend.

I've been outside cutting some holly sprigs for decorations. It's a pity
the neat edging of ice had to melt because it was really pretty like
that. The birch trees down at the far end seem to have been
similarly crystallised for days on end now - they'll look very sparkly
and festive when the sun finally does break through.

--
Sue

Old 22-12-2006, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
Looking out of the window, I can't see the end of the garden, the fog is
so
terrible. I hope that everyone who is going away for Christmas travels
safely and on time and that all urglers have a very happy Christmas and a
wonderful new year.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

Happy Christmas from a sunny Aberdeen - getting milder as we speak, and just
had a beautiful sunset. Not a hint of snow!
Chris S

Old 22-12-2006, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
Looking out of the window, I can't see the end of the garden, the fog is
so
terrible. I hope that everyone who is going away for Christmas travels
safely and on time and that all urglers have a very happy Christmas and a
wonderful new year.

Well I'm sure you all know what the weather is like around here, we are not
that many miles from Heathrow.
But early this morning just before dawn we had freezing fog that looked like
tiny sparkles in the headlights as it rained down, I've never seen it quite
like that before. Scraped the car windows clear, went to Sainsburys and had
to do it all over again when we came out. Everything went white and the
trees and plants looked so wonderful. Highest temp today has been -1°C.

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 22-12-2006, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/12/06 18:51, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
Looking out of the window, I can't see the end of the garden, the fog is
so
terrible. I hope that everyone who is going away for Christmas travels
safely and on time and that all urglers have a very happy Christmas and a
wonderful new year.

Well I'm sure you all know what the weather is like around here, we are not
that many miles from Heathrow.
But early this morning just before dawn we had freezing fog that looked like
tiny sparkles in the headlights as it rained down, I've never seen it quite
like that before. Scraped the car windows clear, went to Sainsburys and had
to do it all over again when we came out. Everything went white and the
trees and plants looked so wonderful. Highest temp today has been -1°C.

Ouch. Supposedly it was 7C here today and that was quite enough, thank you.
Luckily we had no wind but the fog, which stayed here all day, was extremely
localised as we found out when we drove out of the village this pm to go to
Ashburton. So localised that at the top of the hill out of Landscove, we
drove straight out of it. This immediate area is a bit Brigadoon-ish, in
terms of weather, we feel very often. The entire village was submerged and
looking at one of the pylons emerging from the fog reminded me of looking at
a light house standing out in the sea on a rocky promontory. I rather like
it because I miss the sea a lot, even while I love the gentle greens and
browns and other shades of the South Hams.

Old 22-12-2006, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Chris S wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
Looking out of the window, I can't see the end of the garden, the fog is
so
terrible. I hope that everyone who is going away for Christmas travels
safely and on time and that all urglers have a very happy Christmas and a
wonderful new year.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

Happy Christmas from a sunny Aberdeen - getting milder as we speak, and just
had a beautiful sunset. Not a hint of snow!
Chris S

And a Happy Christmas, Hannukah, and everything to all from me. That
means "Happy Holidays" in case any of you over the Pond want a
translation: you folks be sure and have a good one, hear? Our New
Year's resolution is, we promise to learn how to tip properly.

--
Mike.

Old 22-12-2006, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Happy Christmas from a sunny Aberdeen - getting milder as we speak, and just
had a beautiful sunset. Not a hint of snow!
Chris S

and its a happy christmas from me in foggy Gloucestershire.
kate
Old 22-12-2006, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote after "Bob
Hobden" wrote in reply to:
"Sacha" wrote
[...]

It's this high pressure system we have at the moment, it's pushing the moist
air down to the ground so hills etc get clear skys and sun whilst valleys
get thick cold fog (frost pockets!). What we need is a bit of wind to blow
it away but that won't happen until the high pressure moves away.

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 22-12-2006, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Sacha" wrote
Looking out of the window, I can't see the end of the garden, the fog is
so
terrible. I hope that everyone who is going away for Christmas travels
safely and on time and that all urglers have a very happy Christmas and a
wonderful new year.

Well I'm sure you all know what the weather is like around here, we are not
that many miles from Heathrow.
But early this morning just before dawn we had freezing fog that looked like
tiny sparkles in the headlights as it rained down, I've never seen it quite
like that before. Scraped the car windows clear, went to Sainsburys and had
to do it all over again when we came out. Everything went white and the
trees and plants looked so wonderful. Highest temp today has been -1°C.

And I was dripped on in the park this morning. Freezing drops of water
right down the back of my neck but even the dreaded Japanese knot weed
looked good in its icy coat! At least my dog didn't notice a thing
--
June Hughes