Old 28-12-2006, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Happy Christmas

wrote in message
ups.com...
Mike wrote:
Don't worry Mary, some people are paranoid and lose sleep over top
posters
:-((
Sign of being bullied at school I guess.

The best arguement I know of for bottom posting is that it makes sense
as you read the whole thing. In particular, newsreaders for blind
people read from the top down, so having the last contribution come
last improves thier contribution, where they don't have visual
read-ahead cues to go by.

Not arguing against that at all Robert, all I am saying is that some people
are paranoid about top posting, and not really for any particular reason, at
least they don't explain as you have.

Just a case of 'I was bullied at school and it gives me a chance to get my
own back from behind the keyboard' :-))

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 28-12-2006, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote:

Just a case of 'I was bullied at school and it gives me a chance to get my
own back from behind the keyboard' :-))

More like "I'm going to take a perfectly polite reasoned response and try
to start an argument over it."

Unseasonably warm so far this winter in the American colonies; expecting
40F today.

Old 28-12-2006, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message .com, Mary
writes

June Hughes wrote:

In message , June Hughes
writes

Whatever you say.

Sorry - that looks as thought it didn't make sense. The person before
me did a top post in error.
--
June Hughes

Woops - sorry! Are we meant to post only after previous messages?

Anyway, I live in Highgate and you live in Barnet, so I guess it's not
the same place?

No it isn't. Barnet is the highest part of 'London' but strictly
speaking, although the London Borough of Barnet is London, the town
itself is in Hertfordshire. I am in Whetstone, which although it is in
London, is not quite as high as Barnet. So there you have it.

(That said, I suppose part of Barnet is quite close to Hampstead Heath.
Oh well...)

About five miles.
Happy New Year anyway!

And the same to you
--
June Hughes
Old 28-12-2006, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Mike
writes
wrote in message
oups.com...
Mike wrote:
Don't worry Mary, some people are paranoid and lose sleep over top
posters
:-((
Sign of being bullied at school I guess.

The best arguement I know of for bottom posting is that it makes sense
as you read the whole thing. In particular, newsreaders for blind
people read from the top down, so having the last contribution come
last improves thier contribution, where they don't have visual
read-ahead cues to go by.

Not arguing against that at all Robert, all I am saying is that some people
are paranoid about top posting, and not really for any particular reason, at
least they don't explain as you have.

Just a case of 'I was bullied at school and it gives me a chance to get my
own back from behind the keyboard' :-))

You poor thing! Did no-one stick up for you at school? And fancy you
losing sleep over postings on Usenet! Never mind, I hope the bullying
didn't continue into adult life.
--
June Hughes

Old 28-12-2006, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Gary Woods
writes
"Mike" wrote:

Just a case of 'I was bullied at school and it gives me a chance to get my
own back from behind the keyboard' :-))

More like "I'm going to take a perfectly polite reasoned response and try
to start an argument over it."

Unseasonably warm so far this winter in the American colonies; expecting
40F today.

Lucky you! It's rather cold here in London today but mainly just damp
and miserable. However, the nights have started getting lighter
--
June Hughes
Old 28-12-2006, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Mike

Not arguing against that at all Robert, all I am saying is that some
people
are paranoid about top posting, and not really for any particular reason,
at
least they don't explain as you have.

Just a case of 'I was bullied at school and it gives me a chance to get my
own back from behind the keyboard' :-))

You poor thing! Did no-one stick up for you at school? And fancy you
losing sleep over postings on Usenet! Never mind, I hope the bullying
didn't continue into adult life.
--
June Hughes

I think you will find that those with paranoia over top posting and losing
sleep over it, have discovered that the bullying has NOT continued in adult
life, and are now 'getting their own back' from behind their keyboard
:-(( poor things.

But don't worry about them, there is much too much of a decent world out
here :-))

Best wishes to all urglers for 2007

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 28-12-2006, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Perhaps you should take a leaf out of their book and not worry about it
either.
But don't worry about them, there is much too much of a decent world out
here :-))

Best wishes to all urglers for 2007

And the same to you.
--
June Hughes
Old 28-12-2006, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I can assure you June that I do not worry about it :-))

They are more to be pitied than anything. They are in the 'Control' and
'Owners' class of society.

Mike
Om Shanti and Carpe Diem says it all :-))

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 28-12-2006, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Mike
writes
I can assure you June that I do not worry about it :-))

I am glad to hear it. In that case, perhaps you will now let it drop?

--
June Hughes

Old 28-12-2006, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Mike
writes
I can assure you June that I do not worry about it :-))

I am glad to hear it. In that case, perhaps you will now let it drop?

--
June Hughes

:-))

I can indeed, but it will rear its ugly head again when someone commits the
cardinal sin of TOP POSTING, you see!

Want to take a bet?

Happy New Year

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 28-12-2006, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote:

Want to take a bet?

I'm willing to bet that I won't see Mike's posts for a while...

Happy solstice, all!