Old 21-01-2007, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default pressure washers?

Any one got any tips and advice for someone thinking of getting one? (my son
not me!)
Not sure whether to go for electric or diesel cheap or expensive, neither of
us know a thing about them.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 21-01-2007, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Charlie Pridham wrote:
Any one got any tips and advice for someone thinking of getting one?
(my son not me!)
Not sure whether to go for electric or diesel cheap or expensive,
neither of us know a thing about them.

Depends a lot on what you want it for?
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 21-01-2007, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dear Charlie,

If it's any use I bought a Karcher jet washer two or three years back (from
B&Q) on the recommendation of a neighbour. It was not cheap but it was a
very worthwhile buy - extremely useful for lots of things, such as: washing
down the garden paths, 'cleaning' the car, cleaning carpets/mats (no soap
even needed). Also, blasting out the greenhouse in the spring.

I got the 550 model. It's great fun to use. You won't regret it. Accessories
can be found cheaper on Ebay.

Good luck with whatever you eventually choose,

Keith

Old 21-01-2007, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Charlie Pridham wrote:

Any one got any tips and advice for someone thinking of getting one? (my son
not me!)
Not sure whether to go for electric or diesel cheap or expensive, neither of
us know a thing about them.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.

Charlie, I bought my husband a Karcher from a t.v. shopping channel, QD
or something like that, it saved me about £30 on the price that B7G
were charging even after postage and packing was added on. It has ben
brilliant. It cleans up fascia boards, concrete, paving, paths, cars,
in fact anything.

Judith

Old 21-01-2007, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:20:22 -0000, Keith \(Dorset\) wrote:

If it's any use I bought a Karcher jet washer two or three years back
(from B&Q) on the recommendation of a neighbour. It was not cheap but
it was a very worthwhile buy

Be aware that the Karcher models on sale in B&Q are only available from
B&Q. This may have an impact of support later...

There are some good packages available for sub £100, machine plus lots of
tools. K2.94MD Delux it's not a big machine but the detergent reservoir
clips into the top so you don't have a bottle on the ground just waiting
to be kicked or knocked over.

http://www.karcher.co.uk/product.php?pr=266

That package appears in the DIY sheds at around £80, the patio thing and
brush will cost not far short of £40 if bought seperately.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 21-01-2007, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:20:22 -0000, Keith \(Dorset\) wrote:

If it's any use I bought a Karcher jet washer two or three years back
(from B&Q) on the recommendation of a neighbour. It was not cheap but
it was a very worthwhile buy

We have a Karcher 520m and find it first class, we use it for all manner
of things and it has never given us any trouble in the 4/5 years that we
have had it
kate
Old 21-01-2007, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Charlie Pridham
wrote

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/electrical/pressure_washer_faq.htm

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old 22-01-2007, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:20:22 -0000, Keith \(Dorset\) wrote:

If it's any use I bought a Karcher jet washer two or three years back
(from B&Q) on the recommendation of a neighbour. It was not cheap but
it was a very worthwhile buy

We have a Karcher 520m and find it first class, we use it for all manner
of things and it has never given us any trouble in the 4/5 years that we
have had it
kate

Many thanks for all the responses, I have passed them on, I don't think he
quite knows what he wants it for at present!

Old 22-01-2007, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dave Liquorice wrote:
Be aware that the Karcher models on sale in B&Q are only available from
B&Q. This may have an impact of support later...

There are some good packages available for sub £100, machine plus lots of
tools. K2.94MD Delux it's not a big machine but the detergent reservoir
clips into the top so you don't have a bottle on the ground just waiting
to be kicked or knocked over.

http://www.karcher.co.uk/product.php?pr=266

http://www.pgcnottingham.co.uk/ sell Karcher and Numatic, and the
accessories therefore. They have supplied things like rotating nozzles
for the B&Q models.

Abrasive additives for ordinary pressure washers? Some Guy[_3_] Lawns 4 10-01-2011 10:01 AM
Gasoline powered power washers ? Hilltop Cycle ATV Lawns 7 29-06-2006 03:31 AM
Pressure washers Jim Paterson United Kingdom 5 15-10-2003 10:32 PM
Pressure washers UTVOLVET84 Ponds 2 08-07-2003 11:39 PM
Power washers. Evelyn Usher United Kingdom 9 16-05-2003 10:44 AM