Old 18-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Bart Bailey

Default Bloody Cats

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:45:50 +0000 (UTC), "Jayne"
wrote:

As I said in an earlier thread - you better check if the cat is microchipped
first - if so it is the owner's property so it would be like shooting their
dog..

....and as I also queried in an earlier thread,
who bears the responsibility for providing the equipment,
expensive as it might well be, to perform this scan?

Bart
Old 18-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Bart Bailey

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:25:33 +0000 (UTC), "Essjay001"
wrote:

Bart Bailey scribbled:

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 08:44:18 +0100, "geoff"
wrote:

I cannot vouch for its efficacy but have been told that squirting an
offending cat with a strong solution of washing-up liquid causes the
cat to foul its own home. The cat licks itself when if gets in its
bed and that causes it to be incontinent!

Who said the Brits had no sense of humor? ;-)

Usually Americans!

Well after that novel solution, I stand corrected,
for any erroneous misconceptions I may have entertained.

Bart
Old 18-04-2003, 09:32 PM
geoff

Although I'd love to squirt a few of the B. things with washing up liquid
I'm not going to wait up all night! However, many years ago before all the
fuss about illtreating pussies, I caught one in a keep net and put it under
the garden tap for a few seconds. It never returned to my garden so Ive
decided that a scarecrow from http://www.queenswood.co.uk seems the best
solution.

I'll let you know later in the year.

Geoff

Old 19-04-2003, 12:08 AM
hugh emerson

In message , Essjay001
writes
Bigjon scribbled:

Here I go again...

I don't think you can equate cats and dogs in this way. They are
different species. You can own a dog, but any cat person will tell
you that the cat is not owned, The cat does what it wants, when it
wants. They are far more independent than the poor old dog. A dog
without a lead is a lost soul. A cat without a lead is a free spirit !

Who cares kill them and be done with.

You should feel privileged that a cat chooses your patch to "crap and
piddle" in. Dogs leave it all over the roads, pavements and parks for
just about anybody to find. This particular cat has chosen only YOU
to be the recipient of its present. Aren't you the lucky one !

You do talk some ********
There is nothing lucky about picking up a hanful of cat crap

As for the "owners", as you well know, we can't ( and shouldn't ) be
held responsible, and British Law backs this up...

Animals Act 1971..
"Cats cannot be held guilty of trespass and the owners cannot be held
responsible for any damage done."
and "Domestic animals such as cats and dogs are allowed by law to roam.

Yeah right! Dogs have to be on a lead in the UK.

person who wants to prevent a neighbour's cat or dog from entering
her/his property could make her/his own fencing arrangements."

My god you even talk cat crap!

So perhaps you'd better get a bigger fence ??

50 6x6 fence panels is that big enough?

Obviously not.
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid

Old 19-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Essjay001

Please don't be so pompous. The only thing you know about me is I don't like
cats. You have no idea what effect I have had on the world. You have no idea
what I do or what people think about me, in fact you know nothing. Tell the
RSPCA if you so wish see if they care. I'll get back to you if they come
round.

The Devil's Advocate scribbled:

I don't need some jumped up idiot like you to tell me to get a life
thank you. I shall pass your comments on to the RSPCA

Essjay001 wrote:
The Devil's Advocate scribbled:

You miserable little shit, bet your fun to be with
Miserable I am not, little I am not.

We are talking cats here get a life!

Old 19-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Essjay001

Jayne scribbled:

As I said in an earlier thread - you better check if the cat is
microchipped first - if so it is the owner's property so it would be
like shooting their dog..

NO! A cat is not like a dog.

And so what if a cat is micro chipped who is going to pay the bin men to
scan all the bags of rubish before they put them in the cart.

Old 19-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Essjay001

Thank you for correcting your erroneous misconceptions

Bart Bailey scribbled:

Old 19-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Bigjon

Recently, Essjay001 uttered:

So that would make BJ's point useless, yes?

The Devil's Advocate scribbled:

Obviously not lol

Essjay001 wrote:
Bigjon scribbled:

person who wants to prevent a neighbour's cat or dog from entering
her/his property could make her/his own fencing arrangements."

My god you even talk cat crap!

So perhaps you'd better get a bigger fence ??

50 6x6 fence panels is that big enough?

Ok, try some more HUMANE methods, as prescribed by this group in the
past...
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqcats1.htm
--
\\(º`¿´º)//
It's all on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....
Old 19-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Essjay001

Bigjon scribbled:

Ok, try some more HUMANE methods, as prescribed by this group in the
past...
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqcats1.htm

that would cost me dosh.

"I love the smell of burning cats in the morning"

Old 19-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Little Badger

Plonk

"Essjay001" wrote in message
Anne Jackson scribbled:

Wrong! The dominant cat *doesn't* bury its crap, only the lower-
ranking cats do!

Excuse me all cats are lower ranking in my garden. I kill cats as I kill
rats.

Old 19-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Essjay001

Little Badger scribbled:

Plonk

I thank you

Old 19-04-2003, 07:09 PM
Bigjon

Recently, Essjay001 uttered:

Bigjon scribbled:

Ok, try some more HUMANE methods, as prescribed by this group in the
past...
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqcats1.htm

that would cost me dosh.

"I love the smell of burning cats in the morning"

So would .22 ammunition...
--
\\(º`¿´º)//
It's probably on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....
Old 19-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Essjay001

Bigjon scribbled:

Recently, Essjay001 uttered:

So would .22 ammunition...

But not as much

Old 19-04-2003, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Pussy Galore
I've been lurking in this NG for some time now, and I have to say that
I am amazed by the tolerance that some people show towards CATS!
They crap and piddle all over my garden. Their owners show absolutely
no consideration for other people or their property, and in fact show
a complete contempt for other people's feelings and property rights.
How many dogs are allowed to behave in this way.
If dog owners are forced into picking up their pet's droppings why are
we so tolerant towards cats. They are carriers of the same diseases
that dogs are accused of carrying, so much so that dog owners have to
clean up after their pets. So why not bloody cats? Someone on this
NG suggested shooting them. Not a bad idea as far as I'm concerned.
Do cats pee on the grass and kill it like dogs pee does? Only I've just
got a dead patch of grass where it looks like this has happened. It's
all fenced in so it wasn't a dog.