Old 20-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Pinot Grigio

Default Bloody Cats

"Pussy Galore" wrote in message
om...
I've been lurking in this NG for some time now, and I have to say that
I am amazed by the tolerance that some people show towards CATS!
They crap and piddle all over my garden. Their owners show absolutely
no consideration for other people or their property, and in fact show
a complete contempt for other people's feelings and property rights.
How many dogs are allowed to behave in this way.
If dog owners are forced into picking up their pet's droppings why are
we so tolerant towards cats. They are carriers of the same diseases
that dogs are accused of carrying, so much so that dog owners have to
clean up after their pets. So why not bloody cats? Someone on this
NG suggested shooting them. Not a bad idea as far as I'm concerned.

Get a high-powered water pistol. Cats don't like water and soon get the
message.
Also works on "that damned turkey" (sorry, I meant peacock!) who have the
same roaming rights as cats and are just as much a nuisance, although the
hose-pipe works better here.

Old 21-04-2003, 01:33 PM
conkbrite

Water works well on dogs, too, in my experience. A couple of encounters with
a powerful jet and they steer clear.
David

Old 21-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Dvd

See the cat poll
http://home.golden.net/~dhobson/catpoll.htm

Old 23-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Pinot Grigio say...
Get a high-powered water pistol. Cats don't like water and soon get the
message.

THis is what Pa used to do to the dogs that crapped on our grass verge.
When the owners were present, he would collect the turds, follow them
home and deposit them on the doorstep.
--
Fenny
BREAKFST.COM halted . . . cereal port not responding!
Old 23-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Essjay001 say...
As I said in an earlier thread - you better check if the cat is
microchipped first - if so it is the owner's property so it would be
like shooting their dog..

NO! A cat is not like a dog.

Exactly. It doesn't have a person on the end of a piece of string,
watching while it craps and ignoring the result.
--
Fenny
If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Old 24-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Essjay001

Fenny k scribbled:

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Pinot Grigio say...
Get a high-powered water pistol. Cats don't like water and soon get
the message.

THis is what Pa used to do to the dogs that crapped on our grass
verge. When the owners were present, he would collect the turds,
follow them home and deposit them on the doorstep.

I've seen that done, Bloody hilarious.