Old 14-03-2007, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default garden roller question

All right, a potentially stupid question, but anyway, have you got a garden
roller, and if so, what happens when you let go of the handle? Does it A-
fall to the ground, or B- swing to the vertical position due to the weight
in the centre?

All right, since you're dying to know why, it's because I've taken one to
bits because one side of it was seized to the centre spindle, and while it's
apart I'm wondering whether it will be worthwhile also freeing off the
centre weight from the spindle. Always assuming I can of course.

Steve

Old 15-03-2007, 06:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message
All right, a potentially stupid question, but anyway, have you got a
garden roller, and if so, what happens when you let go of the handle? Does
it A- fall to the ground, or B- swing to the vertical position due to the
weight in the centre?

All right, since you're dying to know why, it's because I've taken one to
bits because one side of it was seized to the centre spindle, and while
it's apart I'm wondering whether it will be worthwhile also freeing off
the centre weight from the spindle. Always assuming I can of course.

Yes.

Roller Drums for tissue culture; a question of rotation speed Al Orchids 35 01-02-2004 05:23 PM
Roller Drums for tissue culture; a question of rotation speed Al Orchids 0 19-01-2004 03:16 AM
Best Lawn Roller? Joe Morris Gardening 7 30-03-2003 05:32 AM
Cheapest petrol Lawnmower with rear roller? Gary United Kingdom 6 22-03-2003 11:28 AM
Cast iron lawn roller Baz United Kingdom 2 30-09-2002 08:53 AM