Old 24-04-2007, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardening Express

Has anyone dealt with this company?

If so, have you any comments?

Mary

Old 24-04-2007, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
Has anyone dealt with this company?

If so, have you any comments?

Mary

Yes dealt with them several times and everything happened as it should and
the quality was fine.
There was a poster here sometime ago who was moaning about them and said he
had not had a delivery and they had not replied to his emails. However, when
challenged to give more info he went away.
I have a suspicion it was an attempt to put the black on them.

Old 25-04-2007, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
Has anyone dealt with this company?

If so, have you any comments?

Mary

Yes dealt with them several times and everything happened as it should and
the quality was fine.
There was a poster here sometime ago who was moaning about them and said
he had not had a delivery and they had not replied to his emails. However,
when challenged to give more info he went away.
I have a suspicion it was an attempt to put the black on them.

Well the same has happened to me. What details would you like?

I've been waiting for more than a month now for my order and have mailed
them three times (can't get through by phone because there are so many
people ringing that they've had to close the line!) with no satisfactory
answer.

The trouble is that the items I ordered will be past their time for
establishing by the time I get them - IF I get them.

I'm not trying to blacken a company but I'm more than disappointed. Other
companies can send things in time, why can't they?

Mary

Old 28-04-2007, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
Has anyone dealt with this company?

If so, have you any comments?

Mary

Yes dealt with them several times and everything happened as it should and
the quality was fine.
There was a poster here sometime ago who was moaning about them and said
he had not had a delivery and they had not replied to his emails. However,
when challenged to give more info he went away.
I have a suspicion it was an attempt to put the black on them.

I gave you more info and you haven't commented.

Old 29-04-2007, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
Has anyone dealt with this company?

If so, have you any comments?

Mary

Yes dealt with them several times and everything happened as it should
and the quality was fine.
There was a poster here sometime ago who was moaning about them and said
he had not had a delivery and they had not replied to his emails.
However, when challenged to give more info he went away.
I have a suspicion it was an attempt to put the black on them.

I gave you more info and you haven't commented.

The chap was suggesting we looked at various sites which he claimed were
saying they were useless but non of these sites had any mention of them.
Somewhere within their site there is/was a bit about plants being sent out
only when they were at their best for despatch.
What plants did you order?

Old 29-04-2007, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Seed potatoes, strawberry plants and a pear tree for patio growing.

All are seasonal, the potatoes should already be in the ground. The pear
will have finished flowering. The strawberries should be in their growing
bag.

I've managed, by a devious route, to get through to the founder and he's
promised despatch. They debited my credit card on receipt of the order,
which is naughty and made me even angrier. Wouldn't you have been?

Mary

Old 29-04-2007, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/4/07 11:47, in article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

[...]

Very. I had a not dissimilar experience with a nursery from which I
telephone-ordered three plants for my brother's birthday, requesting that
they be despatched immediately, rather than having the 3 weeks wait which
is, apparently, normal. I gave my card number which was duly taken down, my
own address details etc.
Weeks later, they still hadn't arrived, so I emailed to ask what had
happened and was asked for his address details all over again. So I gave
them and asked that the plants PLEASE be sent now and debited to my card.
Finally, the plants arrived. Yesterday, I got a bill asking me to pay for
them! After carefully checking my bank statement, I see that despite all my
best efforts not only did the plants not arrive on time as promised, not
only had they lost the address details, they hadn't debited them to my card
as arranged, either. In that last respect alone, I am at least better off
than you!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 29-04-2007, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 29/4/07 11:47, in article
,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

[...]

That is http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk which Hubbard is advertising. Well
worth a look and full of lots of interesting information from lots of
sights.

Go and take a peek over the fence.

Mike

--