Old 27-04-2007, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden banter

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , 'Mike'
writes

It is actually annoying that they do this because some years ago I posted
to THIS group, happy to give away seeds
I had spare. About 1 year later they put it on their website and I got
emails from lots of unknown people all demanding spare seeds, of which I
had no more! It was disappointing for the emailer as well.

Just had another look and this thread is on there. Perhaps we should all add
"Message not posted to garden banter" to our
signature line. Or perhaps, "Message stolen by garden banter" Oh what fun we
could have.

Mike
Message stolen by garden banter

Old 27-04-2007, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , 'Mike'
writes

It is actually annoying that they do this because some years ago I posted
to THIS group, happy to give away seeds
I had spare. About 1 year later they put it on their website and I got
emails from lots of unknown people all demanding spare seeds, of which I
had no more! It was disappointing for the emailer as well.

Perhaps we should all add "Message not posted to garden banter" to our
signature line. Or perhaps, "Message stolen by garden banter" Oh what fun
we could have.

Mike
Message not posted to garden banter

Looks as if someone else is getting paranoid as well as that sad old woman
:-((

For goodness sake get a life

Mike

MAY BE COPIED TO GARDEN BANTER
--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 27-04-2007, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Muddymike" wrote in message
Perhaps we should all add "Message not posted to garden banter" to our
signature line. Or perhaps, "Message stolen by garden banter" Oh what fun
we could have.

Mike
Message not posted to garden banter

Looks as if someone else is getting paranoid as well as that sad old woman
:-((

For goodness sake get a life

Mike

MAY BE COPIED TO GARDEN BANTER

I am so pleased to see you are joining in the fun. but no need to shout
about it.

Mike
Message stolen by garden banter

Old 27-04-2007, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...

I am so pleased to see you are joining in the fun. but no need to shout
about it.

Mike

Please do NOT cut off my advertising signature when copying my posts. They
are there for a purpose and if cut off when copied to Garden banter, then
that is advertising lost.

Thank you

Old 27-04-2007, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"chris French" wrote in message

But there is no need to go over it again.

Chris French

Try telling that to the 'Owner' :-((

Sad old woman that she is.

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 27-04-2007, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , 'Mike'
writes

Show me the copyright on any of these postings.

Mike

It is actually annoying that they do this because some years ago I posted
to THIS group, happy to give away seeds
I had spare. About 1 year later they put it on their website and I got
emails from lots of unknown people all demanding spare seeds, of which I
had no more! It was disappointing for the emailer as well.

You could have sent them an email telling them they were too late, and, that
if they had read urg they would have stood a better chance!

Alan

Old 27-04-2007, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Muddymike
writes
Just had another look and this thread is on there. Perhaps we should all add
"Message not posted to garden banter" to our
signature line. Or perhaps, "Message stolen by garden banter" Oh what fun we
could have.

Mike
Message stolen by garden banter

Would they edit this stuff though?
If people are reading it via the web and garden banter I'm not sure they
all realise that they are doing so and they might enjoy the newsgroup in
full!

Janet
Posting to UK.rec.gardening. a great newsgroup for gardeners

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association
Old 27-04-2007, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

You could have sent them an email telling them they were too late, and, that
if they had read urg they would have stood a better chance!

Alan

I did Alan but some of them couldn't understand what I was talking
about, they had seen the message, albeit 1 year later and couldn't get
it into their heads that it was 12 months old.
One poster was quite rude, said I shouldn't post about stuff I hadn't
got etc etc.
Old 27-04-2007, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

You could have sent them an email telling them they were too late, and,
that
if they had read urg they would have stood a better chance!

Alan

I did Alan but some of them couldn't understand what I was talking about,
they had seen the message, albeit 1 year later and couldn't get it into
their heads that it was 12 months old.

That may be a requirement of subscribing to gardenbanter, you have to be an
idiot!

One poster was quite rude, said I shouldn't post about stuff I hadn't got
etc etc.

Not much you can do about that, if you responded in the same way it could go
on and on, perhaps best to just ignore it, or you could have said that if
(s)he had read a proper newsgroup, they would have got what they wanted.

A difficult situation

Alan

Old 27-04-2007, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

Some time ago, I wrote telling them that I don't want them
to print my articles and that they do not have my permission to do so. I
know at least one other person did the same.

What, if anything, was their reply?

Peter
Old 27-04-2007, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , 'Mike'
writes

"chris French" wrote in message

But there is no need to go over it again.

Try telling that to the 'Owner' :-((

I was not complaining about someone posting on this topic again - if I
don't want to read a thread I don't bother, I was just pointing out that
I wasn't trying to start debate on this aspect.

Sad old woman that she is.

Glad to see your helpful and erudite contributions to the group
continue. You'll need to try harder though to get out of my killfile
--
Chris French

Old 28-04-2007, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Muddymike wrote:

Whilst searching the web for something else I came across this
https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/ I did not know
our group was available in this form.

Mike

I think Gardenbanter is a great idea!

Long may it continue.

waves to the gardenbanter readers
Old 28-04-2007, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:44:04 +0100, "Muddymike"
wrote:

Message stolen by garden banter

PMSL!

I suppose every other newsserver than the one you're posting from AND
Google have stolen it too?

Old 28-04-2007, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 23:28:10 +0100, chris French
wrote:

You'll need to try harder though to get out of my killfile

LOL!

You're replying to his message, yet you claim he's in your killfile?

There's nowt as queer as folk!