Old 13-05-2007, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT. F**king Ramblers

On Sat, 12 May 2007 Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "David \(Normandy\)"
contains these words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

I have a friend who lives near Brionne, but not being au fait with
the geography of Normandy, I have no idea where, exactly, that is! G

Glancing at the map there are two towns with that name, but neither in
Normandy.

I don't think it's much more than a village.

Here we a

http://france-for-visitors.com/norma...-le-roger.html

"BRIONNE, on the Rouen–Lisieux rail line, is a small town
with large regional markets on Thursday and Sunday."

Yes, I've been to the Sunday market at Brionne many years ago. I think I
even did some videoing there as I was accompanying a school trip at the
time. It's a small town in Haute Normandie with quite a few shops and (I
distinctly remember!) a Pompes Funèbres - a Funeral Directors.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK

Old 13-05-2007, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I have a mobile allotment shed - a p reg mondeo I bought for £50 last week -
even had half a tank of diesel, a few months mot and tax - bargain.
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Angus wrote ...
Ramblers origins come from Manchester Communists.

Have you ever heard of a commie that can keep his/her mouth shut?

They're a blight on the countryside.

I must admit that when I'm out for a quiet walk in the Surrey Hills which
includes watching wildlife etc and come across the usual platoon of
chattering Ramblers which I can usually hear from half a mile away I would
tend to agree with you.
I also don't agree with their philosophy that the countryside must be 100%
for them alone and that they won't share it with anybody else, like 4x4
drivers. But then I also drive a mud covered 1986 Landrover 90 (our mobile
allotment shed!).

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 14-05-2007, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13 May, 17:39, "Alan McKenzie" wrote:
I have a mobile allotment shed - a p reg mondeo I bought for £50 last week -
even had half a tank of diesel, a few months mot and tax - bargain.

I have a mobile allotment shed - a bike trailer with a little flag -
no diesel, no mot and no tax - )